brady

Terrain and Clipping

14 posts in this topic

Terrain and Clipping,

One of the things in game that makes me crazy, not crazy like a Rambo MG 34, but pretty crazy still, is the tank twitching that occurs when your tracked, this has been explained to me as result of the Tank clipping into the terrain, Is this one of the Fixes' that they are refereeing to ?

Also is one of the Fixes, the issue with the AT guns getting stuck in the terrain when they come out of the FMS ?

2 people like this

I was thinking it was more to do with trees and berms having places underneath for ei to crawl under and shoot out. AB inf spawns that exit into a wall..that sort of thing.

On 2/2/2018 at 11:38 PM, brady said:

is one of the Fixes, the issue with the AT guns getting stuck in the terrain when they come out of the FMS ?

I did some work on this last year to make it better, it doesn't happen as often as it did but it certainly needs looking into again when we get the time.

2 people like this

On 02/02/2018 at 11:38 PM, brady said:

Terrain and Clipping,

One of the things in game that makes me crazy, not crazy like a Rambo MG 34, but pretty crazy still, is the tank twitching that occurs when your tracked, this has been explained to me as result of the Tank clipping into the terrain, Is this one of the Fixes' that they are refereeing to ?

Also is one of the Fixes, the issue with the AT guns getting stuck in the terrain when they come out of the FMS ?

You mean the constant wobble that happens when you fire?

Or

The sort of damage state to a track that makes you move very slowly usually going towards one direction, it happens when a small caliber gun can't detrack you but damage enough to reduce your mobility this is hella annoying.

Since I play Allied I call it the "sherman shake" but it happens when you are too close to a berm or are tracked. Makes me despawn cause I aint that good of a shot anyway and throw in a constant weeble wobble...well forget about it.

If we are talking about fixing stuff the Matty needs to have the Ice removed from underneath it as well.

1 person likes this

We just recently regained some ability to make terrain changes, good things coming

1 person likes this

On 2/7/2018 at 9:54 AM, unpilot said:

Matty needs to have the Ice removed from underneath it

Ice? Curious

Happens with M10 as well..if you are not perfectly level the tanks starts sliding around after firing.

Thank you for the imprived sights tho...waiting on the dispersion fixes.

I don't come around here much...as you can tell even though I have played since day one.

The Matty is the only allied tank that feels like it is on ice. It slides all over the place.

I've noticed while running behind inf that when they are on flat terrain all is fine but as they are running over berms and small hills you'll see their feet "look" like they are above the terrain....may be related may not...but there is some collision detection issues regarding modified terrain surface.

Now sit in a 52 ton Tiger and get the teeter totter bug (that's what I call it)

It's annoying as hell, or when both tracks are off and u still wobble after every shot for a few seconds . When there should be no movement at all cause u got no more suspension to rock you.

Even more painful when it happens in the Stug 

27 minutes ago, aismov said:

Even more painful when it happens in the Stug 

Trust me I know. U can get motion sickness from it .