mcafeed

Axis LMG Fix, will it EVER come?

70 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, merlin51 said:

so download fraps?
they have a free version

Not to mention both Nvidia and AMD have game recording software for their video cards free

Need better excuse

Excuse for what?  I was just reporting my results. Your test looked a bit shaky to me. Could be the razor mouse I enjoy. Truth be told I no longer care enough to go through the effort of downloading extra software. I don’t really care if the thing is accurate to 2000 meters and hits like an 88. I just got curious as to whether the thing is that jumpy or if you need to see a doctor for the shakes. What would be more interesting is to repeat the test with the MP 40 to see if I get a similar result. Between playing PUBG and going through that effort though, I choose PUBG. 

I’m watching WWII from a distance to see if the game progresses to the point where it’s worth the money again. I figure I gave it 17 years and 10 of those with two accounts. Given the subscription price, I personally would like to have seen better development. From now on I’m only paying for results, not promises. I’ll keep my eye out and maybe join when the game is finally out of “early access” or whatever on steam. 

In the game my experience is that the Grease gun can kill with about a 50% probability at about 100m. The distance of the AB gate to the AB gate. Any further and its very hard to get a kill.  This is not that indifferent than the MP40. IN the game I have about a 50% probability to kill ei at about 100m.  The Thompson is a whole different beast. IN game its great under 25m and about a 50% probability at 50m. I rarely can get a kill at 100m IN game.  My experience is that the MP40 and Grease gun are not that dissimilar in performance.  Its very hard for me to say which gun does better in game, however the only thing that would lead me to have any factual basis to say which one is better is to lean toward the Grease gun. Simply because of the .45 cal round having harder knock down power.   ALL that being said, when it comes to CP clearing.. and that is my specific task.. I chose the Mas38 or Thompson every day, every time. They are a much better CQB than the Grease gun.  I even like the MP40 for cp clearing over the grease gun.. but that is a personal preference, not necessarily a performance issue based simply that I can see my targets better with the MP40.  I would place the Thompson as the best CQB smg, The grease gun as marginally the best long distance shooter and the MP40 as the most balanced of the SMGs.  Very good at both CQB and accuracy for in game action. 

The MP40 and Grease Gun had a effective range of 100m by modern standards.

The Thomspon M1A1 is listed to have a effective range of 50m by modern standards. The 1928 was listed beyond 50m.

The Mas38 effective range was 100m

Now, I had to look up the MP34 and what I find is that out of all the SMGs the MP34 actually had the very BEST effective range of all the SMGs we have in the game. Its listed by many sources (not sure if they share the same source information) at 150-200m.

MP40 has a mind of it's own, it hates staying on target. it will absolutely refuse to stay still.

the grease gun is controllable, it has no gunshake and low screenshake. opposite the MP40

the videos posted over the past year by players proving theother sides "awesomeness" shows how bad even the best gun behaves.

if you have a problem with the Grease guns performance; you don't have a problem with the gun it's the gunshake/screenshake that's the issue. the grease gun has no gunshake and extremely low screenshake

3 hours ago, saronin said:

Excuse for what?  I was just reporting my results. Your test looked a bit shaky to me. Could be the razor mouse I enjoy. 

I think PWBOSMBS
in other words, preset proof or its BS.
Same nonsense as certain others try to present about the mp34.
Your mouse has nothing to do with it, nice try though

1 hour ago, stankyus said:

the MP34 actually had the very BEST effective range of all the SMGs we have in the game.

In real life, it was a very very nice small machine gun
Unfortunately it was a very very expensive one and slow to build partly due to the precision of machine work in it.
It was never really obsolete mechanically in my opinion, just economically.
When it gets doctored up, it should be a really nice smg in game, maybe not best bunker clearer due to its medium firing rate, but definitely a good street fighter.

Now if we could just make your persona afraid when someone is spraying bullets at them

grease gun and sten are the only ones with no gunshake, other problems include

the mas38's barrel even wiggles side to side

MP34's sights are off center from the screen, it's too far foreword, and it jumps even worse than the MP40. there was a bug thread about it...

sten's sights are also off center from the screen

thompson's flash is blinding (i think they fixed it though, haven't used it yet)

they all have jarring screenshake, but the MP40 & 34 have more per-shot movement. the Thompson looks bad but it's just shooting more bullets

1 hour ago, major0noob said:

MP40 has a mind of it's own, it hates staying on target. it will absolutely refuse to stay still.

the grease gun is controllable, it has no gunshake and low screenshake. opposite the MP40

the videos posted over the past year by players proving theother sides "awesomeness" shows how bad even the best gun behaves.

if you have a problem with the Grease guns performance; you don't have a problem with the gun it's the gunshake/screenshake that's the issue. the grease gun has no gunshake and extremely low screenshake

After very close review of Merlins videos about the screen shake. Its looks to be tied exactly to the ROF. Without looking at the RL ROF of the M3 or the MP40 it is evident the MP40 has a higher ROF... However the screen shake (recoil) vertical jump - IE I used a compass against my monitor and they are exactly the same height. The horizontal movement is about 10-15% more pronounced at the widest deviation - but horizontal movement is difficult to actually tell if its the shooter or built in. I will defaultt to it being a bit a both.

Looked up the ROF between the 2. The m3 - 400-450. The MP40 - 500-500.

As nothing but a SMG user for the most part, I can tell you hands down the grease gun is the best SMG on the block over all - it is very accurate.

I don't have to test to see it, I know it because I've use it.

Stats confirm this; though as usual, have to be careful with stats, but it is another data point.

And it still wasn't invented in the early tiers of our game....

Edited by delems

Every nationality has a bad ass gun and a sucky gun, the LMG 34 is pretty good, the grease gun is great and that is BALANCE

Balance doesn't mean we all have the same guns, it means we all have a go to killer for each task at hand'

Think about how hard that is to attain, I think it's pretty balanced as it is, if you disagree play both sides for a while and get back to me

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, KMS said:

Every nationality has a bad [censored] gun and a sucky gun, the LMG 34 is pretty good, the grease gun is great and that is BALANCE

Balance doesn't mean we all have the same guns, it means we all have a go to killer for each task at hand'

Think about how hard that is to attain, I think it's pretty balanced as it is, if you disagree play both sides for a while and get back to me

The grease gun should be removed to tier 3, we were told sometime ago that this was going to happen because it has no business being in the earlier tears. 

The way the MG 34 is used, and the allied lmg’s ,  is  ridiculous, and hopefully at some point they will fix that. 

The only thing in the game that is cheesier than the Rambo moves with the light machine gun are the sappers, Which Have also been Slated for replacement at some point in the future because it’s generaly acknowledged  that they’re highly  fictionalized capabilities are at odds with the drive towards greater historical accuracy. 

Not true Merlin. The reason for the massive advantage is the game programming.  No one ran around with the 34 like a frigging handgun spraying and hitting everything in site in close quarters.  It been broken from the beginning and still no fix.  Sad !

6 hours ago, merlin51 said:

I think PWBOSMBS
in other words, preset proof or its BS.
Same nonsense as certain others try to present about the mp34.
Your mouse has nothing to do with it, nice try though

In real life, it was a very very nice small machine gun
Unfortunately it was a very very expensive one and slow to build partly due to the precision of machine work in it.
It was never really obsolete mechanically in my opinion, just economically.
When it gets doctored up, it should be a really nice smg in game, maybe not best bunker clearer due to its medium firing rate, but definitely a good street fighter.

Now if we could just make your persona afraid when someone is spraying bullets at them

I don’t need to present proof of anything. The proof is on the other foot. CRS needs to prove the game is getting better. They need to put up or shut up about the audits, graphics, and all manner of wonder they have promised. I don’t need to prove the game is broken. I saw the results of the “test” for myself and certainly don’t need to validate it to you. You’re the ones who need to validate that the game is worthy of spending money on. 

54 minutes ago, mcafeed said:

Not true Merlin. The reason for the massive advantage is the game programming.  No one ran around with the 34 like a frigging handgun spraying and hitting everything in site in close quarters.  It been broken from the beginning and still no fix.  Sad !

Nor did they with a bren, or an fn24/29, or an M1928/M1, or an MP40 really.
Real people have an aversion to shooting themselves in the toe, or having the wall 2 inches away explode in your face from your own bullet, and your mates usually have an aversion to you running about crazy like near them while holding down the trigger on an automatic weapon, or for that matter even a single shot rifle.
The advantage is pretty even as far as that goes.

The M1 thompson has nearly the same ROF as the MG34, and it has plenty of spread, all it lacks is some ammo capacity, range doesnt matter when they guy is 2 feet away.
It also does a fairly good job of rambofying the top floor of a depot office.

Play axis some, they get the same fun of having someone jog up the stairs and run around the room after them while mashing down the trigger on an automatic weapon.
It's not really a one sided thing

11 minutes ago, saronin said:

I don’t need to present proof of anything. The proof is on the other foot. CRS needs to prove the game is getting better. They need to put up or shut up about the audits, graphics, and all manner of wonder they have promised. I don’t need to prove the game is broken. I saw the results of the “test” for myself and certainly don’t need to validate it to you. You’re the ones who need to validate that the game is worthy of spending money on. 

Nope sorry, nice try at redirecting though.
Pretty much the same excuse when you refused to come on the training server to test it live with witnesses.

I have a MAJOR concern...

The knifes...

They don't shoot bullets for starters. I think the British knife attack is fast...the French is fastest (probably all that time spent in the kitchen) then the German knife. 

German knife is way unbalanced. I'm pretty sure its dull on one side, and the pointy end might as well be made of rubber. I always see those allies running around with their knives out...not a care in the world. All sharp and shiny they are. 

There needs to be a MAJOR knife audit or i'm quitting.   

3 people like this

1 hour ago, brady said:

The only thing in the game that is cheesier than the Rambo moves with the light machine gun are the sappers, Which Have also been Slated for replacement at some point in the future because it’s generaly acknowledged  that they’re highly  fictionalized capabilities are at odds with the drive towards greater historical accuracy. 

Well, actually they're fairly realistic for the T3-and-beyond Germans.

And the Germans had a precursor weapon (nowhere near as much penetration, usable only on horizontal surfaces) in T0 or 1.

But the British and French and Americans...nothing like that at all.

The British and French OTOH had moderately effective HEAT RGs in T0. The Germans had a poorly effective one in T1, and a moderately effective one in T2. Unfortunately it appears CRS intends to give the Germans a moderately effective one in T0. Just more unrealism so that everyone has comparable weaponry.

7 minutes ago, bmw2 said:

The knifes...

They don't shoot bullets for starters. I think the British knife attack is fast...the French is fastest (probably all that time spent in the kitchen) then the German knife. 

German knife is way unbalanced. I'm pretty sure its dull on one side, and the pointy end might as well be made of rubber. I always see those allies running around with their knives out...not a care in the world. All sharp and shiny they are. 

For some reasion  that made me think of Dr. Strangeglove, and when I think of Dr. Strangeglove I think if that brunet in the  bikini and the sun lamp... 

Edited by brady

3 minutes ago, jwilly said:

Unfortunately it appears CRS intends to give the Germans a moderately effective one in T0.

I dont think its really a matter of giving an actual weapon per se.
More an inability for the game to give the other more realistic means.

Say you were roaming through an a axis town in your A9 all alone, and let a bunch of infantry get all over you.
Someone would probably immobilize you in some way, and then considering the roof on an A9, some 8mm rounds would probably start appearing through it.
Or they might set some demo charges and wait for you to roll over them, or set fire to you if they could find something suitable, gas kerosene diesel etc.
Could be tank traps also, if they had the time and resources to dig them out etc.
Worse come to worse, i suppose some daring soul could slap some mud, grease, what ever on the drivers view ports, and some on the gun sight for good measure effectively blinding you, and then wait you out, you gotta exit some time right? or try to flee blindly which could go very badly in its own right.

Heck, if you think about it, a guy could probably get on you unnoticed if done when things are noisy, then just patiently wait for the commander to take a peek, pop him in the head
and drop a grenade down the hole, that would sure fix things

Point being, unsupported tank allowing enemy infantry in close proximity is not a good thing for the tank.

We got a sapper instead, which really isnt any weapon, more a concept folded up and stuffed in a satchel.
Id love a better way to do it

41 minutes ago, bmw2 said:

The knifes...

Winner

37 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

I dont think its really a matter of giving an actual weapon per se. More an inability for the game to give the other more realistic means. (...) We got a sapper instead, which really isnt any weapon, more a concept folded up and stuffed in a satchel.

This:

e88dec0d-29ca-438e-83a6-2e21ea635f70_zps

per Killer is exactly this weapon, modeled more simply...the historical Haftholladung HHL-3:

0_ec3ca_9778c065_XL.jpg

Hafthohlladung_3.jpg

So the HEAT Sapper Charge is not at all a mish-mash of lots of capabilities. It's exactly one historical weapon.

The problem is that that weapon was German only, and that version of it was fielded in 1943.

There was a slightly less effective version in 1942, HHL-2:

panzerhandminea.jpg

And the original HHL-1 version, with adhesive attachment and a less well designed HEAT charge, which I think was first available in late 1940 but probably wasn't used in combat until the Germans next faced enemy tanks:

panzerhandmine005.jpg

Id love a better way to do it

A better way to do it would be to model the HHL-1 for the T0 Germans, the HHL-2 for the T2 Germans, and the HHL-3 for the T3 Germans.

The Germans also would get their mediocre HEAT RG in T1:

germanrg-new_zpsi2kioafk.png

And a better HEAT RG in T2 (upper image):

m3040.jpg

Meanwhile, the T0 British would get their HEAT RG:

800834_-_photo_1_1453288106_img.jpg

And the French would get theirs in T0 as well:

frenchrg-new1_zps7zdxomvj.png

but neither the French nor the British would get a HEAT "sapper charge".

2 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Nope sorry, nice try at redirecting though.
Pretty much the same excuse when you refused to come on the training server to test it live with witnesses.

Uhhhhh.  You never invited me to the training server that I recall to test anything.  Given that you have less than half the actual game sorties I have I'm just going to site lack of experience on your part.  Try actually playing the game Merlin.

Saronin you stated you could kill stuff with the grease gun at 500m, either prove it or shut up. Unless it was a mistype and you meant 50.

Im sure if you fire enough rnds you can eventually hit something at 500 -- unfortunately i havent got that much time....

24 minutes ago, skers said:

Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!

Lol, Peter sellers...

That bit with the coke machine...

500m is clearly a big exageration.

But once I won a "duel" with a deployed axis LMG at 150-200m and was like "hmm damn, he must be raging" :D