mcafeed

Axis LMG Fix, will it EVER come?

70 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

Saronin you stated you could kill stuff with the grease gun at 500m, either prove it or shut up. Unless it was a mistype and you meant 50.

Im sure if you fire enough rnds you can eventually hit something at 500 -- unfortunately i havent got that much time....

I fail to actually care one way or the other.  I was just reporting my results on the test.  I don't care if the thing shoot sharks with laser beams on their heads.

1 hour ago, jwilly said:

A better way to do it would be to model the HHL-1 for the T0 Germans, the HHL-2 for the T2 Germans, and the HHL-3 for the T3 Germans.

The Germans also would get their mediocre HEAT RG in T1:

Yea those would be better than the FedEx man chasing you down a field but that isnt quite what i meant.
Kind of like maybe more PPO based ways of stopping or inhibiting their movements.
charges you could lay on the ground or throw out on the road that could track but not necessarily kill
run down to Pepe's petrol and grab a couple jerry cans and dump them in the engine cover, kill the engine maybe (though that might kind of cook off the tank)

1 hour ago, saronin said:

Uhhhhh.  You never invited me to the training server that I recall to test anything. 

@firebugs You remember when we were telling him come to training server to let him try the m3 sniper thing?

1 hour ago, saronin said:

Given that you have less than half the actual game sorties I have I'm just going to site lack of experience on your part.  Try actually playing the game Merlin.

I do play the game, unfortunately i dont have as much time as you to do so, i'm not home a lot and my game pc just aint very portable.
Yes i have a laptop, a crappy hp walmart special, it aint playing solitaire let alone anything 3d

I haven't been on the forums in close to a year and the first thread I see is an mg34 whine thread.  Guess I haven't missed much.

16 minutes ago, itsbrad said:

I haven't been on the forums in close to a year and the first thread I see is an mg34 whine thread.  Guess I haven't missed much.

So you missed many. Recap.. axis whine about dispersion. Whine about the m1919 entering in q2. Allies and some axis whine about Rambo lmgs. End report, you are up to speed.

53 minutes ago, itsbrad said:

Have some, it goes good with this vintage

artificial-cheese-wedge-with-red-coating

6 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Nor did they with a bren, or an fn24/29, or an M1928/M1, or an MP40 really.
Real people have an aversion to shooting themselves in the toe, or having the wall 2 inches away explode in your face from your own bullet, and your mates usually have an aversion to you running about crazy like near them while holding down the trigger on an automatic weapon, or for that matter even a single shot rifle.
The advantage is pretty even as far as that goes.

The M1 thompson has nearly the same ROF as the MG34, and it has plenty of spread, all it lacks is some ammo capacity, range doesnt matter when they guy is 2 feet away.
It also does a fairly good job of rambofying the top floor of a depot office.

Play axis some, they get the same fun of having someone jog up the stairs and run around the room after them while mashing down the trigger on an automatic weapon.
It's not really a one sided thing

Wow.. agree. 

9 hours ago, delems said:

As nothing but a SMG user for the most part, I can tell you hands down the grease gun is the best SMG on the block over all - it is very accurate.

I don't have to test to see it, I know it because I've use it.

Stats confirm this; though as usual, have to be careful with stats, but it is another data point.

And it still wasn't invented in the early tiers of our game....

I used the mp40 for 6 years straight then off and on. I would agree that the grease gun has a edge, but only marginally over the mp40.  No where near a hands down claim. I will restate, and the mp40 is the best all around SMS, the Thompson the best cqb, the grease gun marginally the best long range killer..  mean killer as in knock down power.  That being said so you see that I am level headed on the discussion that is n reality, the very best SMS for long range should be the mp34. That needs correcting. Outside of that..

The mp40, grease gun, mas36, and Sten gun 100m effective.

Thompson , 50m. 1928, beyond 50m, what ever that means.

Mp34 150-200m.

TBH, effective range is about a 50/50 chance in hitting your target. Amazingly that's what we have outside the  mp34.

i personally would like better optics.. for accuracy. What we have is pretty close already.  I don't expect a urge difference after the audit.

15 minutes ago, mcafeed said:

Your easy to debate Merlin, when stats prove you are 100% wrong, I don't have to do the work.

Exactly what do stats prove now?
Go spawn axis, take a rifleman, and go sit upstairs in the active AO'd allied depots of your choice.
Then make a log over the course of say an hour of what things come rushing up the stairs flinging bullets all over like an insane person
and go jogging after you around the room.

Why do that when stats prove the story.  I've used the Axis LMG during intermission. It's a joke programming wise.  It's a spraying handgun.  IRL it was nothing of the sort.  It was a bulky gun designed for a crew of 2.  The Bren was far better suited IRL for running around and shooting with, but in game its a joke.  Its worthless in that use.

Edited by mcafeed

54 minutes ago, mcafeed said:

Why do that when stats prove the story.  I've used the Axis LMG during intermission. It's a joke programming wise.  It's a spraying handgun.  IRL it was nothing of the sort.  It was a bulky gun designed for a crew of 2.  The Bren was far better suited IRL for running around and shooting with, but in game its a joke.  Its worthless in that use.

do doitsuck ,y coccl

Cén fáth é sin a dhéanamh nuair a chruthaíonn stats an scéal. Úsáid mé an LMG Ais nuair a chuirtear isteach. Is cláir joke é ciallmhar. Is géar láimhe spraeála é. IRL nach raibh sé ar bith ar an gCén fáth é sin a dhéanamh nuair a chruthaíonn scéalta. Úsáid mé an LMG Ais cineál. Bhí sé ina gunna mórchóirithe a bhí deartha le haghaidh criú 2. Bhí an Bren oiriúnach i bhfad níos fearr do IRL as a bheith ag rith timpeall agus ag lámhach leis, ach i gcluiche a bhí ina scéal. A fiú gan úsáid. Plus more...

The purpose of the Patronentrommel 34, was so the gun could be moved and operated in absence of an assistant.
Yet i dont think running up a set of stairs while unloading the thing was what anyone had in mind. 
I dont think any of these look like jogging up the stairs material
and yet they all do

MG34 26.7 lb
M1918A2 19.8 lb
Bren MK II  25 lb
Bren MK IV 21.6 lb
FN 24/29 19.7 lb
Only 2 barely under 20 pounds

For comparison
K98k 8.2
No 4 Enfield 9.06 lb
MAS 36 8.2 lb
M1 Garand 9.5 lb

And you dont go running up the stairs shooting those either

Does he look like he'd be jogging up and down the stairs?
CoJv_BAUMAAE_wo.jpg
And yet he does.

Does this guy look up for jogging up and down the stairs?
b528b22688500dd9364ad78e70306c6a.jpg
and yet he does.

Seems to me both of them are doing something nutty in game, doesn't seem a one sided thing to me.
Stats prove nothing cause they dont tell you anything except X killed Y
No place in stats does it say bren killed X (but it didnt run up the stairs)
MG34 killed Y (and yes it ALWAYS ran up the stairs)

Mostly what stats tells me is way more MG34's and FN24/29's get used (And die) Than brens

current camp

BREN
German Rifleman    49    44

FN24/29
German Rifleman    142    108

MG42
British Rifleman 152    69
French Rifleman    441    180

If you count only the total deaths VS everything, you have way more axis lmg's on missions
than british or french, that is about all it definitively tells me.
No place does it say "Was running up stairs, but stopped to shoot a bedford on the way, which was trying to run up stairs"

Hence go hang out as axis for an hour in some active CP's and see just how many automatic things come dashing up the stairs after you

Hell this guy is built like lurch
12489299_2005071715185025008000.jpg
Ok never mind, he probably walks through stairs without jogging
and carries the MG34 just for balance

OK just take out the running and fireing for all the LMGs  problem solved. 

Walking and Fireing OK

Running and Fireing Disabled.

Can't be that hard to implement can it? 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, dre21 said:

OK just take out the running and fireing for all the LMGs  problem solved. 

Walking and Fireing OK

Running and Fireing Disabled.

Can't be that hard to implement can it? 

Just do it to all across the board.
Then no one is singled out, and yet at the same time it's also not incorrect

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:19 PM, brady said:

Lol, Peter sellers...

That bit with the coke machine...

That scene kills me. Ole Colonel Guano standing up for private property.   

On 2/4/2018 at 11:21 AM, brady said:

IMO Both the Allied LMG's and the Axis LMG should be Bi-pod only fire, I do crazy [censored] with the Allied LMG's often enough, and we do have the grease gun so its best imo to not throw stones in our glass house, at least not till they start to fix this stuff.

Agreed.  Folks swinging those things around like they are smgs is ridiculous.

S!

They need to model mass, inertia, and momentum for all weapons.

Short, light handy guns should be able to rotate and aim faster than long, heavy, bulky ones.

Cant wait for CRS to review the force-fields equiped Allied fighter planes after the Axis LMG...