• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
imded

151 almost over already.

100 posts in this topic

Massive cut on map by TZ3 softcapping. Well axis breakfast club is at it again.

Couldn't sleep so I took a look in game and saw axis have made a big move against no opposition during TZ3. I don't understand the fun in that. Just capping towns and no fighting.

So, let me know when this will be fixed or changed or something. I guess I can read a book.

This will be a big setback for the game imho.

Because the same moronic HC still go for the giant cuts...like they actually win something.  We all lose because the maps are turned into farces. 

3 people like this

Make the AI stronger and more effective during this time.  The AI mg's are somewhat decent sometimes, up their lethality and range during this time.  The AI AT pits?  They're a waste most time anyways.  They shoot the ground in front of them most times. Make them stronger and more effective at all times, especially during low pop..  

the axis dont realize they are making the game less fun. its literally day 2 and the campaign will be dead from here on. Why would anyone even want to attack anything as the allies if while your sleeping 50+ towns are swept from under you.   im not going to participate in the rest of this campaign

Not sure when the Axis push started, I wasn’t online.

But when I logged on (around 4pm server time - some hours into primetime) the cut was still in process and not finished yet.

Looked to me like the Allies didn’t try to pull back to cover the cut (an Allied Div was still sitting near Luxumbourg).

But I did see the Allies energetically trying to countercut the Axis with multiple attacks near the riverline area.  The counterattacks just didn’t work out.

Edited by krazydog

WOW.....just wow.

I havent been able to login yet since the reset and I just looked at the map and geez..........1.36 hopefully fixes this but we cant wait till 4Q18.  Very vey bad.

2 people like this

Yep I logged in to see the loss of the south in 1 day...and logged out.

I am a day one/fanboy super duper supporter...but this axis T3 wipeout stuff has turned even us old farts off.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, syd10 said:

Stop lying, the cut was made in TZ1 thanks to 250 Hispana who captured Rocroi... 

Yes, this happened during normal to peek playing hours.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, krazydog said:

Looked to me like the Allies didn’t try to pull back to cover the cut (an Allied Div was still sitting near Luxumbourg).

But I did see the Allies energetically trying to countercut the Axis with multiple attacks near the riverline area.  The counterattacks just didn’t work out.

Unfortunately most AHC have no idea how to move brigades well across the map, hence they keep trying the same thing over and over again...the cut

The breakfast club will not change its ways so forget about getting any answers from them...

1 minute ago, bus0 said:

Unfortunately most AHC have no idea how to move brigades well across the map, hence they keep trying the same thing over and over again...the cut

The breakfast club will not change its ways so forget about getting any answers from them...

Yeah, this is looking like a massive failure on AHC's part more than anything.  If that's true, at least it can be fixed.  

That's why I'm really curious to get the Axis MOIC's perspectives on this.  What did we do wrong?

2 minutes ago, copeman said:

Wasn't that a soft cap on Laon?  That didn't help matters.

It's always a soft cap on Laon that cuts the map. 

Not implementing town supply is their biggest failure.  

1 person likes this

I don't care what time it started. The end result was during TZ3, they raped the map big time.

Something needs to be done. At this point, I most likely wont get in this map. Not really interested in it any more. If it happened rarely I would applaud the axis for this. Unfortunately it has happened to many times.

<Le sigh> and walks away with head hanging low.

The cut was completed early in TZ2, I was there. Allies only have themselves to blame. I don't think Laon was a soft cap ( I may be wrong, we were taking towns so quick). From my perspective, the allies didn't show up to fight.

Edited by gavalink

Blitzkrieg,   Look it up ...  

I will discuss this on axis discord, but i wont type the 3 page's required for me to teach you the concept of military warfare.

Because as i read these post i understand how most of you do not understand this concept!

see u on the battle field 

<S Hierbart

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, gavalink said:

The cut was completed early in TZ2, I was there. Allies only have themselves to blame. I don't think Laon was a soft cap ( I may be wrong, we were taking towns so quick). From my perspective, the allies didn't show up to fight.

It may have reached the goal of the cut and during TZ3 it was widened (raped) to a massive degree.

The end result is this map is over.

I would like to see new starting points in game, such as divide the map north and south. Yes factories will have to be moved to accommodate this.

Or a diagonal cut. SW to a NE line.

3 minutes ago, hierbart said:
blitz·krieg
ˈblitsˌkrēɡ/ 

And do you think this has improved the play? What is the benefit to the game overall?

All I see is there will be a lot of people who will not join in this map now. So end result is there will be less battles and less and less..... etc.

The game wont die away but it will be hindered after all the work to get STEAM and more peeps. Which is a great loss.

Personally I enjoy great battles and trying to outwit the other guy. Great battles are few these days. Steamrolling serves no purpose.