• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
imded

151 almost over already.

100 posts in this topic

At least this wasn't as much of a TZ3 issue as it initially appeared. So how does one side's HC conclude that the other side's HC may be lacking obvious knowledge? Is easy enough to say let up but if you have someone by the nutz and ease up a little and then end up losing because you let up that's only going to last one time.

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

Surrender needs to take a short leap off a tall cliff also.
You did cut off? ok, you just controlled supply, but you should have to go in there and force the ownership.
A brigade in a pocket should get no supply, but it should never surrender unless the players chose to do so.
Otherwise it should be considered a dangerous live enemy in your new backyard, capable of wreaking mayhem to the last man.

This.

But I will just say AWESOME campaign. I love the AAR of HC guys in this topic.

This level of player-driven strategy, with a map deployment mistake being painfully exploited, is one of the best thing brigade spawning offered. 

Is the game really lost as soon as it is no longer centered around the Meuse ? Is there really no hope to see players stand up and fight back ? 

1 person likes this

@poker 

"Stop advancing, and understand that your opposite MOIC is probably lacking in some obvious knowledge.

Its not impossible, I’ve done exactly this before when the shoe was on the other foot."

Sorry but I could not disagree more.  What do we say to the Axis PB when we stop advancing?  Allies making poor decisions so for the good of their morale we will stop our advance?  ... This is virtual war and sorry but we take no prisoners and don't hold back.  A vast majority of the Axis PB want their opponents weaknesses exploited and that's exactly what we instruct GHC  - exploit allied weakness wherever it is - I won't apologize for it.

Next month is 10 years here for me.  I play (and move flags) whether we are winning or losing - I have been on the receiving end of allied breakouts and great allied flag movers and I know there will be more.  I have regretted not pulling back flags faster to cover a hole thinking we could cut you instead - most of those are fails by virtue of a morale swing.  Once a side starts talking breakout or cutoff the morale boost is incredible.  Players and squads thinking and acting ahead of the MOIC.  Staying in game, playing longer.  On the other hand When your getting rolled you can't get anyone to do anything lol.   

Things can and will turn that is a given.

S!

•  
6 people like this

AHC moved 2 brit divs into S of map and pushed via Luxembourg towards our factories

GHC risked it and pushed through the center and made it. The risk was very high but axis playerbase stuck to the plan and achieved a lot.

for at least 12 hours AHC didnt move the 2 brit divs back ... all the french flags that were in the upcoming pocket didnt move neither ... and only just before Laon was capped they all suddenly moved back. this is like the typical allied Antwerp syndrom when axis are pushing in center towards Maldegem area. AHC not pulling back until it is WAY TOO LATE. this time again but in the S.

Nearly all the town caps happened in TZ1 as syd10 already stated.

and now the allies cry again about losing a map so fast again ?? well ... WE (axis) didnt start it ... YOU guys were the ones that went towards our factories in the S :D

today in TZ3 i already announced that AHC will for sure move 1 div into the N and go the Roosendaal / Breda route again ... and voila !!! There we go. the same crap like every campaign and in 95% of cases allies fail at trying it

2 hours ago, imded said:

Unfortunately if softcaps are totally eliminated. Then the opposing side only needs to back out a brig to behind the line when they are low pop.

SUDDENLY NOTHING HAPPENS.

Well then if the other side wants to back out of a front line town then it surrenders with a white flag.....the same brigade can choose to move back in before the surrender timer is up other wise when that time is up it becomes the other sides town.

Just shooting out an idea but something needs to be done about the softcaps..........it ruins the game for both sides.

1 hour ago, Ltarflak said:

CRS!! Pls get rid of softcapping..it ruins the friggin game, its lame pls fix 

And your solution is?

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Baer said:

And your solution is?

Not a solution but maybe an idea that can be refined:

Well then if the other side wants to back out of a front line town then it surrenders with a white flag.....the same brigade can choose to move back in before the surrender timer is up other wise when that time is up it becomes the other sides town.

Just shooting out an idea but something needs to be done about the softcaps..........it ruins the game for both sides.

That's why this game is broken because you have to rely on people to move brigades and be smart enough to understand what is going on right now seems like allied is lacking enough HC to even cover all time zones. So we are stuck with periods of no HC online at all or just a new guy that's it. I have not even played this new map so I don't know what happened but its getting old and killing my buzz when I do try to play but cant even spawn and defend because all are brigades are in traing which makes more people want to go to the other side where they can spawn stuff at least =)

I think a lot of allied HC are tired of doing a job..yes a job instead of being able to just play a game that's why I resigned from hc awhile ago I feel like if anyone should be watching map and brigades there should be allied Rats and Axis rats covering the map not paying players!!!!

Malvoc out....

1 person likes this

You should only be able to capture 1-2 towns in TZ3 that's it.

Per 24h a game should take a measure of what was the highest player population and the most balance and the more deviation from this measure the more and more limits would be to capturing a town.

2 hours ago, Pittpete said:

gQFAkR1.jpg

Not only can they.  They should.  The game was designed the way it was designed and the players play within those parameters.  Softcaps were built in as a feature not a bug.  It's up to CRS to remove the feature, not the player base.

The game is fun at HC level too even if it keeps us from the field/action. I enjoy bringing entertainment/action to the guys.

After all maybe the game isn't "broken"... Spirits and resolves might be broken... People's will to keep fighting when pushed a little might be broken... BE STRONGER!

COME ON GUYS!  ~~  MAN UP!  ~~ FIGHT BACK! 

I challenge the ALLIES to beat us this campaign! And that you do or don't....  GOOD GAME ALL!  See you next campaign with new strategies!

S!

shagher.png

1 person likes this

I like how after all these years people still reflexively attack the player base in other time zones instead of the brigade system. As if suppressing the players worked. And at this point it's players that play during the 2-AO period upset at the 1-AO players.

Big cutoffs like these are the "map variety" that CRS is trying to preserve by going to some BS hybrid system instead of canning it entirely and as soon as possible.

I could tell right away this was going to be a bit of a crazy campaign

The Axis left a hole around Andenne to lure Allies into an attack but the memo didn't get out to all generals and there was a flurry of moves to close the hole leaving 1 division south to face 2-3 Allied divisions, the Allies took this as their cue to push east and they SOFTCAPPED (yes, everyone does it) Luxembourg and the surrounding towns

Meanwhile Axis took advantage of the thin line along the Meuse and pushed west SOFTCAPPING (yes, everyone does it) to Laon

It was a huge gamble by both sides and this time it seems the Axis came out on top but the campaign is still young, it can go either way, play hard, win, keep your morale up.

MORALE is all that matters, not Shermans, not Tigers, not hip firing LMGs... it's morale

4 people like this

You know the Axis side does have a saying Tanks and Planes don't cap CPs .

While we overwhelm you guys with Infantry, the diehards stay in their Tanks and Planes instead of taking Infantry and help recap CPs and ABs , I have seen this now for the past 16 years . When we took Haybes , 3 S35 spawned instead of Infantry , thats 3 less trying to recap the CP in the AB or go for the Bunker .

To be all honest I think CRS actually did you guys a great disservice giving you the Matilda and Char . To many rather rack up kills then help with the CPs.

Before you jump my A$$, the ones that know me ,know I like to play Armor but when the town burns ,I go Infantry or try to get an FB bust going to stop the other side from taking the town . And not just sit in a Tank and rack up kills. 

I play mainly defence so who wins the map is really not my number 1 priority,  but if I can keep you from taking my town I'll do whatever I can and not just stick to one piece of equipment.  

Just my 2 cents.

3 people like this

6 hours ago, Tman said:

Allies started the camp with 4 divisions south of Haybes.  Allies captured Lux on day 1 and were pushing east toward Bitburg-Trier. Stretching themselves out instead of punching north through Arlon or NW through Habay.

Axis started day 1 with one objective - cut the south to force a pullback or cut allies off in the south.  This objective was not designed as a breakout it was simply to force a pullback of at least one allied division.  We started on Sedan day 1 without success.  All caps day 1 were allied.

Day 2 (yesterday) - 3 Axis caps in TZ1 - morning hours - Haybes and Revin.  Then Rocroi........  At 11:30 AM EST Hierbart notified Axis HC through Slack that we had opened a hole at Rocroi and to get in-game.  For the next 9 hours we attacked targets to move Chimay-Hirson-Laon.  So with all the bashing here what did you think was going to happen after Rocroi fell and we were unopposed?  You had flag in Couvin and never moved it into Chimay - Chimay the key town to south cut off was a softcap for us.

In mid-afternoon Allies attacked Merzig - look at Merzig on the map and explain the purpose of that attack?  At least when you changed and started to head Wiltz to Bastogne you had us concerned but you never followed through.  2 British divs never moved further west than Longwy-Arlon.

If Allies had pulled 1 division or 1/2 division back toward Laon when we opened a hole you would have stopped us.  33ID was the spear and by time it was at Laon 33.3 had 35 rifles left.  

I don't understand why Allies do not see the threat and react to it?  I'm not suggesting you need to pull all 4 divs back but pull one back and get in front of our advance.

When hours and hours go by without any real defensive flag moves then what do we do?   stop?   start attacking a new area of the map?   Hell no.  The Axis PB would crucify us if we showed mercy.

Stop blaming HC.  Get in and help change things!  

S!

This is quite accurate. My vision too.

I played several hours pre and after Euro midnight and it was fun. We had a risky one town cut snake (in more than one place btw) and we sweat several times for not getting cut ourselves. Allies didn't reacted at all when they had to, they paid the bill. At least when I was online, forces were basically even and we had towns contested here and there.

A fun session for me. Later I can imagine TZ3 just sofcaped and hold the cut, but the main job was done way before that. In this case, this was not a TZ3 easy roll to my eyes.

Anyway, 24 earlier I saw a lot of axis complaining about the map done and bla bla bla. Everyboy thought axis had the short part of the stick this time after the allied start. But then this happened. And this is the best part of having movable supply on the map. Scenarios can change, things can happen. The human factor of command takes place and that is how it should be.

Some of you guys would hate the predictable game we would have if we had a plain and simple town-based suppy (which, btw, won't avoid massive rolls, don't be silly). Fortunately, we still have some extra flags to move. I hope they have an important role.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, david01 said:

Like right now there are 16 towns under cap despite there being one AO. It's the awful strategic layer that everyone loves. Retards years ago said that they hated soft capping and dealing with pockets, and now it's easier than ever to make big cuts and softcap to victory.

Due to separate group(s) that would cut, defend until the pocket was supply depleted, then pull the attacks and leave the flags to rot backline.  We're where we are today because of previous actions by players.

45 minutes ago, david01 said:

Big cutoffs like these are the "map variety" that CRS is trying to preserve by going to some BS hybrid system instead of canning it entirely and as soon as possible.

You're going to have to tell me how the foot tastes later, because what you said makes less sense than using a chainsaw to remove a splinter.

45 minutes ago, erasmo said:

This is quite accurate. My vision too.

I played several hours pre and after Euro midnight and it was fun. We had a risky one town cut snake (in more than one place btw) and we sweat several times for not getting cut ourselves. Allies didn't reacted at all when they had to, they paid the bill. At least when I was online, forces were basically even and we had towns contested here and there.

A fun session for me. Later I can imagine TZ3 just sofcaped and hold the cut, but the main job was done way before that. In this case, this was not a TZ3 easy roll to my eyes.

Anyway, 24 earlier I saw a lot of axis complaining about the map done and bla bla bla. Everyboy thought axis had the short part of the stick this time after the allied start. But then this happened. And this is the best part of having movable supply on the map. Scenarios can change, things can happen. The human factor of command takes place and that is how it should be.

Some of you guys would hate the predictable game we would have if we had a plain and simple town-based suppy (which, btw, won't avoid massive rolls, don't be silly). Fortunately, we still have some extra flags to move. I hope they have an important role.

Bingo.  

I hope so too buddy.  I hope so too.  

1 person likes this

For me anyway nearly every campaign for the last year and a half have been so aberrant that they don't really count if my head.

Legitimate competitive PvP requires certain conditions and, lets face it, they're not always present nowadays.

Edited by Lob12

33 minutes ago, Lob12 said:

For me anyway nearly every campaign for the last year and a half have been so aberrant that they don't really count if my head.

Legitimate competitive PvP requires certain conditions and, lets face it, they're not always present nowadays.

A month or two after steam was ok. As soon as those people realized they would have to pay for the game it trailed off. It’s PvE now at times.

It is the same issue every time allies get cut S, they don't pull anything back.  (and when they do - they escape with their flags)

Single HQ and ARM flag would have stopped the cut at Laon.

And, with the ridiculous warp speed backline timers- you could have moved back to Laon, and back to Lux TWICE, in 12 hours.

Not only that, I logged in a bit after Laon was cut, saw no navy/air/para in Berry, how come?  A simple navy/air dMS from Berry may have easily stopped the cut. PARAs might have stopped it.....

Really have no one to look to but yourselves for that cut; not the axis.  Take some responsibility and accountability.

*** Surrender needs to take a short leap off a tall cliff also.

Absolutely unequivocally not.  To this day, the best code change I've ever seen the rats do was the auto surrender pocket change.

6 hours ago, saronin said:

Not only can they.  They should.  The game was designed the way it was designed and the players play within those parameters.  Softcaps were built in as a feature not a bug.  It's up to CRS to remove the feature, not the player base.

Yes, i agree....Town supply can't come fast enough

1 person likes this

CRS already increased the speed of flag movement behind frontlines ... and you guys still cry about being cut off in this big style !!

dont blame us for doing a counter attack in form of a snake cut off line. pull flags back way earlier and threaten the cut off the snake itself ... but it seems like you guys specially the AHC doesnt know how that works or what it is ... LOL

did you guys get an order from Churchill ? To hold Lux at all costs ? :D no withdrawal ? i see similarities to Stalingrad ... where axis troops werent allowed to retreat at all too but this time you are in that position

98453933.jpg