imded

151 almost over already.

100 posts in this topic

Too much whine to read. We're all know the rules, Axis used them better. I don't care who's fault it is, but I'll fight back tonight till late, or until HC surrender. Alone, if you've all gave up. See you in few hours.

Edited by xpamobhuk

19 hours ago, copeman said:

Make the AI stronger and more effective during this time.  The AI mg's are somewhat decent sometimes, up their lethality and range during this time.  The AI AT pits?  They're a waste most time anyways.  They shoot the ground in front of them most times. Make them stronger and more effective at all times, especially during low pop..  

AI has never saved a town. its an annoyance.  So much about this game is annoying already. Get rid of AI.   Hurts higher pop more than lower as most restrictions do.

1 person likes this

Do you guys even understand the 1AO rules???  There are not massive softcap cuts happening in 1 AO times now.  Happy to explain to anyone who just doesn't get the rules.  And seriously if I have to play allied a few camps to "fix" this I will.   This is a bit of a letdown from losing a meaningful camp is all.  its far from unrecoverable.   Knuckle down and fight.

1 person likes this

Then honor your statement and bring your squad allied NOW when they are massively underpop.

Then do it for a few campaigns. Only the playerbase can fix these issues.

Unfortunately  not too many think beyond the next 50 kills ( of the same 5-6 guys).

2 hours ago, dcoy said:

Do you guys even understand the 1AO rules???  There are not massive softcap cuts happening in 1 AO times now.  Happy to explain to anyone who just doesn't get the rules.  And seriously if I have to play allied a few camps to "fix" this I will.   This is a bit of a letdown from losing a meaningful camp is all.  its far from unrecoverable.   Knuckle down and fight.

New gang in AHC, they have there own idea's about 'cutting' 'not moving', we explained, but it wasn't received, so we just keep laughing at 'em...

We should not be slagging off Allied HC for trying to attack the south..........I’d rather they try different things than go the stalemate of the exact same plan from day one each and every map.

reminds me of that random map a long time ago (one for the longer term players) when Axis tried to shove lots of flags from day 1 around Antwerp over them north islands.

ended in disaster, but worth a try. Problem currently is map has high risks for either doing anything but centre and could do with something to make north and south areas interesting

First off you have to have players................. come play allied for 1 day and just sit back and watch then you will understand are side is not only low pop but most don't listen when you cry for help why do you think its so easy to cap flags for axis side?

We have no playerbase worth a damn the don't listen or react or we just don't have enough players period....

Malvoc out...

I have not been playing for a while, but I have played enough while winning and loosing. HC and off HC.

Good HC like dfadd, bus, dcoy can make a difference (when they behave) in getting morale up . But the map ? As long as you have overpop (either in number of players or you have better/more_focused/know_what_they_are_doing players), HC doesnt really matter.  I have seen this many times. You have overpop, you point you finger at a town and buum, the town is yours. No need to care about fallbacks or possible cuts. Hell, a squad managed to get a town in "high pop" with a para drop and you point your fingers at HC ? really ?

Yes, some big mistakes from HC can in fact make some difference (supply, fallbacks). But thats like being the goalkeeper. The rest of the players are not inspired, but you expect the goalkeeper to be perfect.

So no, the problem is not HC or softcaps or even the map. The problem is that the game mechanics make it too easy for a "overpop" side to roll the other side.

3 people like this

Someone brought up the AI. I would like to see the AI become a PPO. The Brigade OIC would be the only one to place the AI. If you have more briggs in town, then each OIC gets a certain amount to place.

You would have a set amount like the town already has divided by quantity of briggs..

I couldn't tell you what happened. But here's my 60 minutes in game this campaign...

I logged in on Tuesday night. We were WAY underpop and getting slaughtered. Everyone was complaining about HC mistakes and logging. 

I grabbed a rifle...,  fought hard, but got tired of being the baby seal getting clubbed over and over. So, I logged too.  

Losing interest in WWIIOL, I went to Steam and bought 2 new games for the first time in 3 years. Won't be back this campaign.

Edited by lipton

On 2/7/2018 at 8:00 AM, copeman said:

Make the AI stronger and more effective during this time.  The AI mg's are somewhat decent sometimes, up their lethality and range during this time.  The AI AT pits?  They're a waste most time anyways.  They shoot the ground in front of them most times. Make them stronger and more effective at all times, especially during low pop..  

You dont want that.

For one to have AI capable of defending a town for you, there would have to be a hell of a lot more of it.
Which means the other guy has a hell of a lot more of it also, and now everyone is trying to attack towns defended by an army of Autobots
who can see you at all times you are in range, behind a tree or not.

Stronger how? you already have to blow them up or shoot them with cannon fire.
How immortal do you want them?
The town you just ringed with 180 AI Autobots to defend it are now bullet/bomb proof autobots and defending the enemies town too.

Stronger guns?
You want them packing 120mm cannons and one shotting everything within a 7km radius like  shore gun battery?
They already fire the same kinds of guns we do in general.
You dont want a game that equates to 2 sides fighting nearly impervious AI who occasionally kill each other
when they aren't busy trying to assault the city Death Star.

Their only purpose in game is to slightly inhibit just rolling up and bum rushing a place with 2 men and a truck with 0 risk and effort.
You turn them into terminators and no one is going to want to play.

The AI shoot at you when you enter their firing range and are in their LOS, they have direct LOS regardless of terrain
MGs will shoot at berms or buildings or trees if you are in their firing LOS
ATGs will do the same
So will AA and shore guns.
Hell they will shoot friendly troops if your in the way.

@malvoc and @saintJ - I totally agree.

I remember before this current axis streak when dfadd was CinC for 3 or 4 campaigns....

It was the exact situation you describe Malvoc but on the Axis side.  Not enough players, unable to sustain an attack, Never owing the FB's, No guards, no FMS's.

It takes something... special operation ... sustained push - something to turn the morale around.  It happens but I think less than 50% of the time.  Both sides have pushed back from their factories to win in the past, but I can't place what factor caused the turn around.  I remember a map where it changed after a few day map stalemate.  Allies mounted a few good attacks and the map went the other way.

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

You dont want that.

For one to have AI capable of defending a town for you, there would have to be a hell of a lot more of it.
Which means the other guy has a hell of a lot more of it also, and now everyone is trying to attack towns defended by an army of Autobots
who can see you at all times you are in range, behind a tree or not.

Stronger how? you already have to blow them up or shoot them with cannon fire.
How immortal do you want them?
The town you just ringed with 180 AI Autobots to defend it are now bullet/bomb proof autobots and defending the enemies town too.

Stronger guns?
You want them packing 120mm cannons and one shotting everything within a 7km radius like  shore gun battery?
They already fire the same kinds of guns we do in general.
You dont want a game that equates to 2 sides fighting nearly impervious AI who occasionally kill each other
when they aren't busy trying to assault the city Death Star.

Their only purpose in game is to slightly inhibit just rolling up and bum rushing a place with 2 men and a truck with 0 risk and effort.
You turn them into terminators and no one is going to want to play.

The AI shoot at you when you enter their firing range and are in their LOS, they have direct LOS regardless of terrain
MGs will shoot at berms or buildings or trees if you are in their firing LOS
ATGs will do the same
So will AA and shore guns.
Hell they will shoot friendly troops if your in the way.

You're way over-thinking it bud.  I just meant make it more of a challenge for each side to soft cap or cap during low-pop.  And aside of major game rule changes, this is about the only way it can be done, or at least help, imo.  Do I want the AI to be super soldiers?  No.  Just a bit better than what they currently are.  AI MG pits to have more of a firing radius perhaps. AI AT guns to, you know, have better accuracy  than shooting the ground 5 feet in front of them, or even blowing themselves up.

1 hour ago, Tman said:

I remember before this current axis streak when dfadd was CinC for 3 or 4 campaigns....

It was the exact situation you describe Malvoc but on the Axis side.  Not enough players, unable to sustain an attack, Never owing the FB's, No guards, no FMS's.

It takes something... special operation ... sustained push - something to turn the morale around.  It happens but I think less than 50% of the time.  Both sides have pushed back from their factories to win in the past, but I can't place what factor caused the turn around.  I remember a map where it changed after a few day map stalemate.  Allies mounted a few good attacks and the map went the other way.

massive cutoffs, like 1/2 the flags gone.

it wasn't a random primetime surge, people from TZ1 would play till TZ3, it was lots of people pulling 4-8 hour sessions at the same time, sometimes a few squads, sometimes HC and their main players.

6 hours ago, saintj said:

Good HC like dfadd, bus, dcoy can make a difference (when they behave) in getting morale up . But the map ? As long as you have overpop (either in number of players or you have better/more_focused/know_what_they_are_doing players), HC doesnt really matter.  I have seen this many times. You have overpop, you point you finger at a town and buum, the town is yours. No need to care about fallbacks or possible cuts. Hell, a squad managed to get a town in "high pop" with a para drop and you point your fingers at HC ? really ?

Yes, some big mistakes from HC can in fact make some difference (supply, fallbacks). But thats like being the goalkeeper. The rest of the players are not inspired, but you expect the goalkeeper to be perfect.

So no, the problem is not HC or softcaps or even the map. The problem is that the game mechanics make it too easy for a "overpop" side to roll the other side.

Agreed, and the problems are not 1 ao softcaps . They are two 2 ao softcaps, and mainly the 1 ao hardcaps- where regardless of supply you cannot defend against massive overpop/overexperience.

Edited by goreblimey

On 2/7/2018 at 8:00 AM, hierbart said:

Blitzkrieg,   Look it up ...  

I will discuss this on axis discord, but i wont type the 3 page's required for me to teach you the concept of military warfare.

Because as i read these post i understand how most of you do not understand this concept!

see u on the battle field 

<S Hierbart

Blitzkrieg is fine.  The way it is being implemented, however, is gamey.   Just as opels with 1 infantryman running amok 5 towns behind the lines was called 'blitzkrieg' in exhortations of german strategic superiority in the very early days...

I won't make excuses for AHC---I wasn't there day 1 of the campaign.  (this is not a tacit damnation of AHC's conduct, either---I really wasn't there on day 1 so I don't know whether things were botched or not). 

In my time back, though, it has struck me as odd that towns IN FRANCE are being cut off by towns being taken to their north, and west.  Do any of us believe that southern France shouldn't be utilized as a supply source, in a nominal sense?  (in other words it does not have to be modeled in order to act as a source of supply)???  A nominal Paris should be used as a supply source to every French city not cut off from Paris, just as every German city should be nominally supplied from Berlin unless cut off from Berlin, i.e. totally surrounded.  This bs where the edge of the map does the work that should be done by players (on either side----I am sure during Allied victories this kind of crap has happened once in awhile), should be stopped.

The blitzkrieg, especially as it was utilized in May of 1940 (actual), was a huge (calculated) risk on the part of the Germans.  It worked, but those of us who have studied the campaign know that France was not doomed the day the battle started.  Ingame, this risk inherent in any deep thrust type of assault, is seemingly nonexistent.  When one 'goes deep' looking to cut off enemy supplies and/or troops and/or territory, there is a significant risk that they themselves will end up being the ones being cut off.

This cutting off of French towns (or on the flip-side, German towns) can be fixed.

One small additional gripe:  The germans spent much of their national treasure developing the weaponry needed to conduct a 'blitzkrieg' campaign, and most of it shows up ingame.  The French spent much of their national treasure on the Maginot line.  Being scolded for 'not understanding the concept of blitzkrieg', I note the germans avoided the maginot line, because the treasure they spent on blitzkrieg weapons would have been wasted attempting to breach that line.  While I do not expect the maginot line to be fully modeled, perhaps some restraint on the part of GHC in their willingness to take advantage of its absence would be a good thing for the game.

Great discussion - please understand GHC is just trying to create enthusiasm and good gameplay for our Axis PB.  Whether we are defending or attacking makes no difference to me, but the game is designed so that red or blue flags over the towns are how we keep score (and how the PB judges the success or failure of their efforts as a team/side.).  We can’t sit on our hands and just duke it out over a static front line.  This is not WW1 online.  

We take risks to keep it fun and get people invested and motivated to keep playing -  and when our gambles fail it just gives us another challenge to have fun rallying to come back.  I changed up the deployments last two maps to encourage that sort of action at the beginning - just to keep things interesting.  I think it has been fun - and I would say that even if Allies were still in Luxembourg today and the South was all blue and I was on an 0-3 streak instead.  Thanks to all for contributing to this thread - great to see so many folks that are passionate about the game and take time to understand its complexity.  

S! 

LaFleur - CinC / Axis 

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:45 AM, malvoc said:

First off you have to have players................. come play allied for 1 day and just sit back and watch then you will understand are side is not only low pop but most don't listen when you cry for help why do you think its so easy to cap flags for axis side?

We have no playerbase worth a damn the don't listen or react or we just don't have enough players period....

Malvoc out...

You of all people should understand how few people mean the difference between win and loss.  Its a very small number.  Just say I'm glad when your on my side.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 0:30 PM, lipton said:

I couldn't tell you what happened. But here's my 60 minutes in game this campaign...

I logged in on Tuesday night. We were WAY underpop and getting slaughtered. Everyone was complaining about HC mistakes and logging. 

I grabbed a rifle...,  fought hard, but got tired of being the baby seal getting clubbed over and over. So, I logged too.  

Losing interest in WWIIOL, I went to Steam and bought 2 new games for the first time in 3 years. Won't be back this campaign.

And this is the problem.   I've played with you.  You are a difference maker when your engaged.  Who do we get/keep you that way?  Please tell us

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, Tman said:

This is why I came back on axis side.... it was a mess.  It swings.  Someone wins, someone loses.

And if all the great players I see posting here went one side it would be over fast.  The goal is to get the people who aren't posting here on board.... again easier said than done.

We just need to be sure that victories and defeats are shared equitatively on both sides.

Cause except on a pair of details, each side is a mirror of the other :)

Couldnt agree more with @saintj, btw

On 2/7/2018 at 10:26 AM, Capco said:

Yeah, this is looking like a massive failure on AHC's part more than anything.  If that's true, at least it can be fixed.  

That's why I'm really curious to get the Axis MOIC's perspectives on this.  What did we do wrong?

I didn't have the map, but I was on for some of it. Allies pushed WAY into the south with no support. We moved to cut and they didn't pull back at all. No pullback till it was beyond to late. Couldn't even move the units to get to where we cut. It had to have been evening because I was working during the day. If allied MOIC had been paying attention, they could have pulled back and stopped the cut. Still would have lost the southeast(would have been back to the usual riverline), but nothing like what happened.

On 2/7/2018 at 2:02 PM, rotsechs said:

I may be wrong but I know who was Moic on Axis when it started. And i'm not shocked it went that way. It's what he does. Goes for the throat if its available.

That said, whoever was on Allied HC took the gamble. And lost.

And they could have recovered. But they didn't even try. Not sure if they didn't have HC on or not at that time.

On 2/7/2018 at 3:39 PM, Zebbeee said:

Is the game really lost as soon as it is no longer centered around the Meuse ? Is there really no hope to see players stand up and fight back ? 

Many see it that way. Personally I'm glad to get 3-5 towns either way from that damn river. I am sick of fighting from chimay to the river. Been over those towns so many times. Love it both on the east and west sides of the map. The newest build towns are more interesting than the originals.

4 hours ago, haupt said:

And they could have recovered. But they didn't even try. Not sure if they didn't have HC on or not at that time.

There were officers online. Needless to to say I won't disrespect them by hanging them out to dry, but as AHC CinC the buck stops with me for that cut happening.

91st godblesseu, from axis, here

What if there's an option to make towns out of obj play for a period of time? Up to 3-4?

More for the losing side if there's a defeat streak.