Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

imded

151 almost over already.

Mosizlak

Should start next map in tier1. 

Should be a rule for any map that doesn't get out of tier0. 

• Like 3

Capco
1 minute ago, Mosizlak said:

Should start next map in tier1. 

Should be a rule for any map that doesn't get out of tier0. 

Agreed.

• Like 1

david01
7 minutes ago, imded said:

It may have reached the goal of the cut and during TZ3 it was widened (raped) to a massive degree.

The end result is this map is over.

Of course it was widened. The surrendering mechanic gives the side that makes the cut free towns regardless of activity or effort. 

Like right now there are 16 towns under cap despite there being one AO. It's the awful strategic layer that everyone loves. Retards years ago said that they hated soft capping and dealing with pockets, and now it's easier than ever to make big cuts and softcap to victory.

Mosizlak
4 minutes ago, copeman said:

Will we even see tier 2 this map?

Next map will probably be a roll in the other way. WHIPs is going Allied.  So probably no tier2+ next map either. 

jester

What's going on with pop? Like 6 people deciding maps again? 

• Like 1

saronin
1 minute ago, imded said:

And do you think this has improved the play? What is the benefit to the game overall?

All I see is there will be a lot of people who will not join in this map now. So end result is there will be less battles and less and less..... etc.

The game wont die away but it will be hindered after all the work to get STEAM and more peeps. Which is a great loss.

Personally I enjoy great battles and trying to outwit the other guy. Great battles are few these days. Steamrolling serves no purpose.

The game is designed this way with the whole massive cut thing. It’s on purpose as some of you may recall. You can’t blame the players for playing the game in a way that it was built for. It’s ironic that the Axis [censored]ed about TOEs when they were first implemented and the Allies acted as though the world had been set right though. 

Even now there are those who defend the current system and crappy gameplay it creates. 

shagher

Guys...

Allies had a great start and we had to scramble whatever we could to avoid being crushed on day 2. 

We played 1 vs 3 when I took over MAP and all we did was plug holes and defend fanatically.

Then the Allie push went too far and left a very weak "hinge"... Axis attacked there. That's all there is to it.

I am not a fan of Big cuts but it played out that way. I didn't run out in panic or screamed unfair when I was moving flags back East and defended CP's by myself against massive waves of EIs... I took a deep breath and defended the best I could...  Most Axis guys did the same that I saw and when I left the MAP to the next HC I thanked ALL defenders for doing their best in spite of weak odds.  

It sometimes plays down to 1 town too far or 1 Brig at the wrong place.... 1 CP left unguarded....

Allies I am sure will react and fight back...  COME ON!   Cheer up!  I d rather kill  smiling Allies :P

S!

shagher.png

• Like 3

syd10
45 minutes ago, Capco said:

Yeah, this is looking like a massive failure on AHC's part more than anything.  If that's true, at least it can be fixed.  

That's why I'm really curious to get the Axis MOIC's perspectives on this.  What did we do wrong?

I was Moic when we break through Rocroi. When I logged in axis were Underpop, we had no HC online and axis playerbase didn't want to attack, I had a really hard time because after every decision I took I had to endure complains and disrespectful comments from axis players (now I understand why this game have a lack of hc). Anyway, thanks to the efforts of a few players bringing frus to our AOs we could start attacking. I launched AO over Sedan because allies only had an Armored + Navy there, and I though allied HC could get scared and move more supply in, leaving Carignan undefended. Allies defended really well Sedan, they were smart and placed a dfru near docks so they didn't need more ground supply. But then AHC made a mistake by moving flags down from Chilly to Charleville, which left Rocroi with only 1 inf flag (with a bad fallback). Then I launched AO on Rocroi and talked to 250H CO and asked him to attack Rocroi, they did a paradrop and captured spawn, and 30min after that AB was captured as well. After capping Rocroi I passed the map to Hierbart.

In my opinion this cut happend for 2 reasons:

- AHC mistake: sometimes HC have to give up one or two towns in order to avoid a massive cut

- 250H: they had 10 members online which is a great adventadge in attack

• Like 2

bmw

It's not so much what the Axis did but what the game allows...........on both sides.  Softcaps should be eliminated. PERIOD.  Make it so you can only AO and town that has a flag...............UNTIL 1.36 is implemented or whatever internal discussions are thrown around to fix this.  It's a two sided issue and a game issue.........not an Axis or Allied issue.

• Like 2

bigdavej

There really does need to be a way to halt this mass cut off..........that has been a huge advantage Axis have over Allies for as long as I can remember, but at same time there has to be a way to reduce Antwerp which has been the huge advantage Allied have had.

because of both the north is rarely touched and Allied gambles are fewer because of the much larger risk of cut off the have

Edited by bigdavej

TMAN

Allies started the camp with 4 divisions south of Haybes.  Allies captured Lux on day 1 and were pushing east toward Bitburg-Trier. Stretching themselves out instead of punching north through Arlon or NW through Habay.

Axis started day 1 with one objective - cut the south to force a pullback or cut allies off in the south.  This objective was not designed as a breakout it was simply to force a pullback of at least one allied division.  We started on Sedan day 1 without success.  All caps day 1 were allied.

Day 2 (yesterday) - 3 Axis caps in TZ1 - morning hours - Haybes and Revin.  Then Rocroi........  At 11:30 AM EST Hierbart notified Axis HC through Slack that we had opened a hole at Rocroi and to get in-game.  For the next 9 hours we attacked targets to move Chimay-Hirson-Laon.  So with all the bashing here what did you think was going to happen after Rocroi fell and we were unopposed?  You had flag in Couvin and never moved it into Chimay - Chimay the key town to south cut off was a softcap for us.

In mid-afternoon Allies attacked Merzig - look at Merzig on the map and explain the purpose of that attack?  At least when you changed and started to head Wiltz to Bastogne you had us concerned but you never followed through.  2 British divs never moved further west than Longwy-Arlon.

If Allies had pulled 1 division or 1/2 division back toward Laon when we opened a hole you would have stopped us.  33ID was the spear and by time it was at Laon 33.3 had 35 rifles left.  

I don't understand why Allies do not see the threat and react to it?  I'm not suggesting you need to pull all 4 divs back but pull one back and get in front of our advance.

When hours and hours go by without any real defensive flag moves then what do we do?   stop?   start attacking a new area of the map?   Hell no.  The Axis PB would crucify us if we showed mercy.

Stop blaming HC.  Get in and help change things!  

S!

• Like 8

brady
41 minutes ago, bmw said:

Iraqi Information Minister | STOP THE SOFTCAPS IT'S RUINING THE WAR | image tagged in iraqi information minister | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

Baghdad Bob haven’t seen him in years

Does he work for CNN now ?

Edited by brady

Capco

Thank you for the rundowns tman and syd. 

BMBM

The system that allows surprise and breakthroughs is fine, except that the map has far too few CPs, a non-existent rear organisation, a non-existent strategic reserve and is far too dependent on manual flag movement. The silly abstraction that the original Rats came up with - the low-res CP-FB mesh with a great nothingness in between - is the game's biggest weakness. I'm surprised that you even discuss the faults or merits of any one group of players - they are not the issue, the resolution of cap/spawn objectives is. If you don't grok that, it is this ridiculous abstraction that allows 10-20 guys to create (or close) a 20 km wide breakthrough in the course of a few minutes.

rotsechs
5 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Because the same moronic HC still go for the giant cuts...like they actually win something.  We all lose because the maps are turned into farces. 

The maniac speaks with the voice of reason.

• Like 1

rotsechs

This is a product of HC. Both sides do it. Because the fun, the game, the enjoyment of the fight is less important to many HC, than the glory. The get the factories crap.

It is why I have never been in HC. I get pissed off when it goes that way. I'll log if its a massive HC ego trip or a blatant roll. I don't enjoy being on the end of it or giving it out.

I may be wrong but I know who was Moic on Axis when it started. And i'm not shocked it went that way. It's what he does. Goes for the throat if its available.

That said, whoever was on Allied HC took the gamble. And lost.

I'd sympathise with Imded but you need to stop fecking sapping me before that happens.

Axis/Allied HC reading this - you have a duty of care to the whole game playing community. Not just to your medal collection or whatever gets you off.

• Like 1

Merlin51

Surrender needs to take a short leap off a tall cliff also.
You did cut off? ok, you just controlled supply, but you should have to go in there and force the ownership.
A brigade in a pocket should get no supply, but it should never surrender unless the players chose to do so.
Otherwise it should be considered a dangerous live enemy in your new backyard, capable of wreaking mayhem to the last man.

major0noob

s end gets cut every map... if allies went for lux it's their own fault

imded
2 hours ago, bmw said:

It's not so much what the Axis did but what the game allows...........on both sides.  Softcaps should be eliminated. PERIOD.  Make it so you can only AO and town that has a flag...............UNTIL 1.36 is implemented or whatever internal discussions are thrown around to fix this.  It's a two sided issue and a game issue.........not an Axis or Allied issue.

Unfortunately if softcaps are totally eliminated. Then the opposing side only needs to back out a brig to behind the line when they are low pop.

SUDDENLY NOTHING HAPPENS.

Merlin51
31 minutes ago, imded said:

Unfortunately if softcaps are totally eliminated. Then the opposing side only needs to back out a brig to behind the line when they are low pop.

SUDDENLY NOTHING HAPPENS.

iirc we went that route before and that is exactly what happened, pull backs on both sides and suddenly a nomans land of 0 gameplay.
As you said, nothing happens.

Poker
4 hours ago, hierbart said:

Blitzkrieg,   Look it up ...  

I will discuss this on axis discord, but i wont type the 3 page's required for me to teach you the concept of military warfare.

Because as i read these post i understand how most of you do not understand this concept!

see u on the battle field 

<S Hierbart

I understand exactly what you’re saying. I don’t think you fully understand the moves that you’re making is destroying the game?

Stop advancing, and understand that your opposite MOIC is probably lacking in some obvious knowledge.

Its not impossible, I’ve done exactly this before when the shoe was on the other foot.

• Like 1

Ltarflak

CRS!! Pls get rid of softcapping..it ruins the friggin game, its lame pls fix