flushy

Changing sides?

20 posts in this topic

Hi all I have been playing for about a month and am wondering if its ok to change sides. Just to see if I like the other side. I'm still feeling the game out and wondered if I will be reported for changing sides, even  for a month, not to spy or cheat like that, just to see if I like it better. 

Edited by flushy
Grammar

Flushy, it is perfectly ok to switch sides.  Many of us (myself included) choose not to, but it is fine.

S!

23 minutes ago, flushy said:

Hi all I have been playing for about a month and am wondering if its ok to change sides. Just to see if I like the other side. I'm still feeling the game out and wondered if I will be reported for changing sides, even  for a month, not to spy or cheat like that, just to see if I like it better. 

The vast majority of players do indeed switch sides, and remain respected and fondly thought of by the sides they leave 

No problem to switch sides.

I generally start on one side and then switch if my side is winning.  Balance is the most important feature of this game, and I try to do my part.  

52 minutes ago, flushy said:

Switching sides is encouraged to help balance the game. Unfortunately sometimes there are those who do not understand that value and may openly criticize if they recognize you, just play on and get through it. They're just super loyalists and love the game :).

Welcome aboard to WWIIOL S! 

Do what i do
Who ever shows underpop when i log in, thats where i play.

This way, EVERYONE gets to kill me :) 

6 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Do what i do
Who ever shows underpop when i log in, thats where i play.

This way, EVERYONE gets to kill me :) 

come allied I need a good team mate.

1 person likes this

If u are in a Squad check with your XO or CO and inform him/her 1st, otherwise you might get kicked out if the squad is side loyal.

If you are lonewolf, then you can do whatever your heart pleases. Just don't side switch in like hour intervals that might leave a bad taste in other players mouth. Especially if 20 min prior you fought along side them and next thing they see your name  on the killed by tab.

Whatever night you decide to switch stick with it till you log I think that's the best advice I can give ya.

Even if you are a lonewolf and change sides get on voice comms with a squad from either side, play with them in their area of operations, you'll find the gameplay 100% more rewarding and you'll make some friends

He's a noob. Let him find out what flavor ice cream he likes.

Then come allied for the biggest ice cream sunday.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, imded said:

He's a noob. Let him find out what flavor ice cream he likes.

Then come allied for the biggest ice cream sunday.

Is this like in the  movie, it was like: "I love the smell of ice-cream in the morning.... its smells like...?"

Nothing wrong with wanting to play both sides.............its usually frowned upon to change back and forth during an active campaign but some do it.  :popcorn:

Current "protocol" is pick a side and stick with it until the map is over then switch.  I usually switch it up every 3-4 maps and then play the other side.  Keeps the burnout rate low.  Currently Im playing Allied.  

You shouldn't leave if both sides are not really winning if everyone did that there would be no progress on the map.

But it's ok in my book to switch side when the campaign is going too well to one side especially to go to the underdog, like right now seems like Axis had this campaign on the pocket so I'm playing a little bit allied.

1 hour ago, bmw said:

.its usually frowned upon to change back and forth during an active campaign

And that works against having balanced population.
No one want to take a bunch of flack for seeing "Hey you guys are out numbered, I will come play on your side" and doing so.
That is what you are supposed to do.

kind of a self defeating thing isnt it?

CRS balance the pop!
PLAYER dont be a side switcher

kind of designed as a losing proposition?

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

And that works against having balanced population.
No one want to take a bunch of flack for seeing "Hey you guys are out numbered, I will come play on your side" and doing so.
That is what you are supposed to do.

kind of a self defeating thing isnt it?

CRS balance the pop!
PLAYER dont be a side switcher

kind of designed as a losing proposition?

Edited by brady

1 thing that annoys me is spawning into someone's mission, then (when checking CSR later that night) I find that I was killed by that same person a couple of times...  

On 2/9/2018 at 11:08 AM, dre21 said:

If u are in a Squad check with your XO or CO and inform him/her 1st, otherwise you might get kicked out if the squad is side loyal.

If you are lonewolf, then you can do whatever your heart pleases. Just don't side switch in like hour intervals that might leave a bad taste in other players mouth. Especially if 20 min prior you fought along side them and next thing they see your name  on the killed by tab.

Whatever night you decide to switch stick with it till you log I think that's the best advice I can give ya.

Agreed. That's the biggest complaint about people who switch sides. Nothing like setting up an attack, and having someone spawn on your fru. Then 15 later he's attacking your fru.

If you are in a squad, check to see what the squad says.

The unfortunate reality is there is a good many players that side switch in an effort to maintain balance, but there are more who go the other way because they are frustrated.

In theory side switch model is great but i think if you got locked into a side per campaign that would be the best scenario for all parties