Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

dre21

Should Bombs kill friendlies?

dre21

Well we all have hated being Air quaked to death. But like in the instance when the other sides troops enter an AB or bust an FB ( or anything for that matter) in my eyes they should be as vulnerable as the other side. 

With the HE audit ( if it ever comes * duck and run ) I think friendly fire should be enabled , it be silly to see one side run around in a town without having to fear death while the others will die in droves. It would also give more caution to the Bomber pilots and they can't just bomb an AB to smithereens .

I think it might even needs to be taken in consideration for the upcoming CAS Armor. 

What do you guys think?

Cause I can already see it one side won't be able to spawn in an AB anymore while the other side runs around freely all the while huge explosions ate going off.

GrAnit

It was removed to stop griefing.

dre21

Well with the HE audit coming I see exactly what I gave descriped up above being implemented,  in other words who ever can shell the crap out of an AB will be the winner. 

GrAnit

I don’t think friendlies should be killed, but they should be disoriented quiet a bit, depending how far they are from the explosion.  But that won’t work because most people wouldn’t care and do it it anyway. 

Edited by GrAnit

copeman

The day any type of friendly fire goes live in this game will be the beginning of the end for it.  I'd be done with it no doubt.  Not because I don't agree with having it, but because of the griefing.

Augetout

The need to protect against griefing outweighs any benefits, imho.

S!

dre21

I do agree with the griefing aspect of it. I didn't think that far, I guess I still believe sometime that people would not stoop that low ,but we all know that's not the case.

Edited by dre21

brady

Well they already do, how many times have you been in a building  and had it blown out from under you by a friendly bomber or  some over enthusiastic engineer, and just recall how completely ticked off you were ...

Edited by brady

wolfen

Friendly fire should only be ok IF the guy who "attacks" you (on purpose or not) dies if u die, or suffers same % of dmg than your vehicle. It kills realism, but thats the only way to avoid Free accounts TKillers, etc...

Edited by wolfen

Merlin51

For a special event held out of campaign during intermission, FF would be a nice challenge.
For general day to do though it would cause more angry people than anything.

There would be so much teamkill happening that players would get very angry, and that is just on the accidental level.
Guy sprints through your MG fire, you both dont see each other in time.

Dogfighting and some wayward rounds hit your friendlies on the ground

New guy trying to learn to bomb

You 57mm AP round goes through the 232 or opel and takes out your infantry 40m on the other side of it

Your handgrenade bounces off the darned window frame

Your AA round hits your friendly chasing the EA or an cargo plane full of friendly paras

Stuff like that would happen all day long, simply by accident, some times by latency differences even.

People would get fed up with it fairly quick i think, and that is not counting the purposeful events

delems

Use to play BHD maps with friendly fire on.

They had controls, to many friendly deaths in time periods and you were kicked.

Some things could be done to - death by friendly immediately returns RTB ticket (no loss of supply).

Death by friendly doesn't count against the dead person. (ya they gone from their spot - but no KIA to them and no loss of supply)

Death of friendly adds KIA to the person doing the killing.

Death by friendly subtracts an immediate 100 rank points from killer, etc.

It actually worked quite well, and - it sure changed how one played the game!  Was much more intense.

Totally agree FF should be on for some cases in game, maybe not all, but some yes.

• Like 1

Merlin51
5 hours ago, delems said:

It actually worked quite well, and - it sure changed how one played the game!  Was much more intense.

dont get me wrong, i like it, in a smaller environment it works really well.
it might even be kind of cool to try here in a scenario, i just think in the general day to day it would get to be too much to fast

lol we would probably all kill each other just in cp and bunker defense

ZEBBEEE

If you consider severe penalties for killing friendlies, eventually, but I agree with Merlin, only in scenarios or intercampaign

undercova

allied DB7s would bomb their OWN supply to oblivion ...