• Announcements

• BLKHWK8

Squad Rat Chats   06/28/2018

We will be having an Axis Squad and Allied Squad Rat Chat next month.  Please join us for a meeting with @XOOM @HATCH and @OHM to touch base with the Rats to go on a QA session.  Axis Squad Chat - July 28, 2018 2pm Server Time Allied Squad Chat - July 29, 2018 2pm Server Time.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zebbeee

HE/KE audit : effect of walls ?

9 posts in this topic

I had a small question.

Currently a wall stops all shrapnels generated by HE explosions. Considering the IRL of large shells/bombs, should walls just decrease those shrapnels by 50% for HE and 75% for AP? I think a Rat already answered this but can’t find it.

It could offer more tactical possibilities against infantries entrenched in buildings. 

Getting folks to guard a bunker is already a somewhat difficult challenge.  If guarding a bunker is (basically) guaranteed to end in a 'death by bomb or air-delivered shell' then I fear the very idea of guarding a bunker will die.  Instead of more tactical options there will be less.

I suppose if the AB bunkers were hardened to offset this issue, allowing for bombs, etc. to take out infantry in other buildings, (but not the AB bunkers), then I would support your idea.

S!

27 minutes ago, augetout said:

Getting folks to guard a bunker is already a somewhat difficult challenge.  If guarding a bunker is (basically) guaranteed to end in a 'death by bomb or air-delivered shell' then I fear the very idea of guarding a bunker will die.  Instead of more tactical options there will be less.

I suppose if the AB bunkers were hardened to offset this issue, allowing for bombs, etc. to take out infantry in other buildings, (but not the AB bunkers), then I would support your idea.

S!

Indeed, bunkers should then behave like one on that aspect.

2 hours ago, Zebbeee said:

I had a small question.

Currently a wall stops all shrapnels generated by HE explosions. Considering the IRL of large shells/bombs, should walls just decrease those shrapnels by 50% for HE and 75% for AP? I think a Rat already answered this but can’t find it.

It could offer more tactical possibilities against infantries entrenched in buildings. 

It is not the Ammo data that does or does not allow it to penetrate the wall, so the ammo audit would not change this aspect.
Only 2 buildings i can think of offhand that are immune to any type of damage, AB Infantry barracks, and AB bunker.

All the other buildings, while bullets and HE dont penetrate the wall directly, you can wreck the building and make less wall to hide behind.

When new HE is in, just pop it through the windows doors and openings and it should get very unpleasant inside i think

58 minutes ago, xanthus said:

"OMG, killed through wall, F this!!"

Well then comes the debate

This wall is stone i should not have been hit

No, its stucco over lap

No, its stucco over brick

No its plaster and horse hair over cloth

No its shiplap and 500 coats of paint

Meanwhile for 2 hours both sides are sitting at a cease fire while a few engineers quibble over wall construction

Unless you can visually implement the feedback for this by making destructible buildings... then no it would be very stupid..

Also if you are talking about real concrete bunkers there were very few weapons that would do any damage I mean probably only one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tallboy_(bomb)

If you want to see how effective concrete defenses could be search for

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flak_tower

or even the Maginot line defenses.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0