• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
wildcat382

Axis thinks they are good

119 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, dre21 said:

Learn how to use tactics to overcome the Tiger like we were told so many years ago with the Chars and Matildas. And with the FMS in game it's hardly a super challenge. Of course if you keep spawning a Tank trying to flank the Tiger his range and firepower will win everytime.  You know my secret especially  for players that kill me and I want to get them back , I spawn a sapper and run and if it takes me 30min to get to him but these 30 min were well spend. A few of these players would be Stankyus, Arno, Canuckplf,Cabby and now Goreblimey. 

You know how many times after getting assploded or sapped I think to myself.. "That's either Dre21 or Itsbrad..." There is just certain circumstances that say its one of you two.  I can usually tell when its DM79 also.

Everyone take a moment and have a good chuckle with the axis player(s) crying crocodile tears over equipment imbalance.

3 people like this

11 hours ago, choad said:

Everyone take a moment and have a good chuckle with the axis player(s) crying crocodile tears over equipment imbalance.

How goes it again , the. AXIS LMG is overpowered shoots lazers, the A13 sucks cause it gets killed easily,  ever sit in a Panzer in tier0 even tier1 they are all A13 quality , Stug is the one exemption and it doesn't sport a turret.

But the learn how to flank that we were told by CRS paid off while you guys still roll the A13 in like you think it's a Matilda or Char. 

Heck yesterday S35 rolls twice right to the AB , once I was outside with 3h easy bait right ?  Rolls in I see him bam bam bam 3 rounds turret and body he rolls behind bushes while now he shoots at me too , bam bam 2 more round connect his engine smokes but still rolls now into the open space , bam bam 2 more rounds turret he shoots twice my gunner dies all this less then 50meters of each other. His gunner still alive my 3h lost .

Fine spawn Stug , go out other exit Atg covers that spot spin around slug it out with that use all my HE rounds and 2 Heat rounds before he despawns back to the S35 I roll around AB wall he still sits there gun pointed looking at the other exit , I hammer him once with HEAT his turret starts to turn ,next round explodes him .

Like I said the S35 pulled the roll up to the AB stunt twice . No clue who got him the 2nd time , please tell me which Panzer in tier0 or tier1 rolls up to an AB exit and just sits there. I have yet to see one unless 3/4 or almost all of the town is capped , you guys had the spawnable close to the AB that was it. 

I'm not saying it's imbalanced I just have the feeling if Allied can't kill Axis from the front preferably with one shot then it's overpowered cause we can't have that , hence why you guys will get the Firefly and the Achilles to counter the Tiger. 

1 person likes this

On 2/13/2018 at 8:41 AM, fufubear1f said:

Actually the m10 was supposed to go head to head with the German tanks.  That's the reason for the 76 mm gun.   You are thinking of the m18 that was supposed to be a quick reaction ambushing vehicle.

Same doctrine for both. M10 was a stopgap as the 76mm hadn't been designed yet. TD branch wasn't happy with the M10 but it was the best they could get at the time.

Nicolas Moran AKA The Chieftain has some good lectures on the subject on youtube.

Long time axis player and recently playing underdog to keep the game alive.  We can go to red vs blue, but that would mean getting rid of the 88.  Also, I would bet that there are a lot better red vs blue games out there.  I like how this game has unique ways to play.  88s killing chars in one hit from town to the FB kind of negates a lot of armor woes the axis has.  I don't want to hear "but you have to get a tow" when you can get a free account to do it.

Edited by zeller
1 person likes this

Historically, the axis had crappy tanks but knew how to use them and the allies had superior tanks but used them poorly. With 20/20 hindsight, ours is a battle between crappy axis tanks vs superior allied tanks (not to mention the allies getting a 1944 grease gun in 1940 ;)). And axis still wins 50% of the campaigns. 

Always enjoy the butthurt threads. Heck I even post one from time to time myself. Let the soreness flow through you. Good 

2 people like this

On 2/14/2018 at 8:50 AM, dre21 said:

please tell me which Panzer in tier0 or tier1 rolls up to an AB exit and just sits there.

STuG, if you can convince everyone to stay directly in front of it, otherwise no early german panzer that i know of that was not feeling possibly suicidal.

Real life german accounts of confrontations with B1 bis or S35 were brutal.
They built the tanks like they built the maginot line, and unfortunately like the line, not in the place needed at the time, axis just rolled around them with their better speed when ever feasible.
Mobile pill box no good when other guy now owns the fuel and ammo supply line behind you

On 2/13/2018 at 2:48 AM, y0mario said:

Just bring your over-powered matilda......and S35.....and Char....and spitfires....and DB7's...and Havocs....and grease guns....and stens...

Oh, and let's not forget the Sherman 76.....which didn't get produced until 1944....yet somehow the allies get....for 'balance'

Yet the me262 is off limits because it was produced in 1944

Come play with axis equipment before you talk. Giving the axis a few map wins to prove balance means little

If you want balance I am okay with that.. Lets talk about early war.

In the invasion of France, the Germans had 2445 tanks. Of which only a few 100 were Pz3 and Pz4 variants (80 PZ4D's) the remainder were PZ1's & PZ2's. The PZ3 and PZ4 were very lightly armored on the sides with only 20-30mm of armor and was killed by ATR's at short ranges. The early PZ4 turret was only really effective at stopping small arms fire, 

Furthermore, it was found that both the Matilda and Char B1 Bis was largely immune to all of the German tanks including the Pz3 & 4 and the Germans had to largely rely on the 88 Flak18 and 105mm field guns as they were only weapons the Germans had that would kill the Matilda & Chars. The S35 on the other hand was vulnerable only from the sides or very short ranges against the Pz3 & Pz4 and at ranges of less than 500m. 

In opposition to the German tanks, the French had roughly 4000 tanks. Nearly all of the tanks in French service outclassed the bulk of the German Pz2's that made up a bulk of the German force.

I wont go in to too many details about the H39 & R35 as they were mostly ineffective however, there is a quote from the "Tanks-Encyclopedia" talking about the h39 that is interesting to me. 

....the German infantry, largely equipped with the PaK 36 37 mm (1.46 in) gun, was baffled to see how their rounds simply bounced off the thick armor of these light tanks.

The UK had roughly 100 Matilda's (1 & 2 Variants) .. These were supported by a larger number of other light British tanks that were comparable to the Pz2's,3's,4's in service. The A10's, A15's were very successful against German armor until the Germans started using hardened armor post Battle of France.

The Vickers mk VIB was roughly the same as the Pz1 & Pz2.. The Vickers could kill a Pz2 and visa versa.. The Pz1 likely would have struggled as its armament would not likley penetrated the 15mm of armor except at close range. 

All of that being said, if we were going for reality here. The Allies would have a 2 to 1 Armor advantage in the early war with many of its tanks not able to be killed by its counter part German armor. 

In the late war. Allied armor and infantry numbers would out number German numbers 7 to 1.

2 people like this

It can go both ways, thrance. 

Disable the chat/voice comms for most french tankers since a ton of them were missing their radios. 1 man turrets meant you loaded, sighted the gun and fired. You lose the sight picture while you reload and I'd dare to guess the rate of fire would go down.  

Sounds fun, doesn't it? 

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

It can go both ways, thrance. 

Disable the chat/voice comms for most french tankers since a ton of them were missing their radios. 1 man turrets meant you loaded, sighted the gun and fired. You lose the sight picture while you reload and I'd dare to guess the rate of fire would go down.  

Sounds fun, doesn't it? 

I completely agree with you. Both sides had major issues. I am just amazed that people screaming about the same crap asking for it to be "realistic" when infact, if it were realistic. It would not be much fun for anyone. 

Also, great job hiding with the 88 yesterday.. I was looking for you and looks like I just missed finding you.

Edited by Thrance
2 people like this

The problem is we cannot currently go for that route in historical balance. If we did, then we need most of France's flags on the Maginot Line, add in Holland and Belgium forces with a handful of insignificant flags, and then split Germany's flags between Maginot, Belgium, and Holland.

That is not something we can do for quite a while, because it involves expanding the map SIGNIFICANTLY (see: tons and tons of work) and basically setting up the Allies for failure at the beginning.

It also goes contrary to the direction CRS is trying to take with the game which is preventing softcaps.

We can't contextually balance the exact scenarios in history as a game, because one side obviously lost and one obviously won, and it wasn't even a contest. No one's going to want to play Allied in a game that repeats the same 46 days over and over where all of their units are out of position, and when they aren't out of position, they're surrounded and have no information about what's going on because the chain of command has gone to hell.

So the historical realism has gone for rough timelines for equipment introduction in the form of tiers, and balance has been with equipment available. Axis's complaint is that the Tiger and the Sherman 76 are out of place, and I think that's a very fair complaint because CRS tries pretty hard to otherwise abide by the tier timelines.

However, it also means that we need to find some solution for having OP as [censored] Tigers for Axis with no counterpoint, because, unlike the Matilda and Char, it's more difficult to sap (mobility) and Allies don't have a long-ranged counter to it at the tier it'd be introduced in (unless M10s count, but the M10s came a bit later and it took months to sort out various, significant issues; Axis has 88mm FlaK to counter Matilda, Char).

So the ideal solution is introucing things at the right times while also balancing them for fun. That's the really difficult bit.

1 person likes this

Realistic supply is somethink stupid because the war goes ingame other way then in real. 

The only think that CRS can realky make real are the plans, the Guns, the Tanks and all the other Stuff with a good supply  balance that no Side is overpowerd.

Edited by sajuk

19 minutes ago, chaoswzkd said:

significant issues; Axis has 88mm FlaK to counter Matilda, Char

Let's just address this myth now.  This campaign.  As I write this post:

88 Kills on Matilda Mk II's.......................9

Sapper Kills on Matilda Mk II's...............35

88 Kills on Char B1..................................21

Sapper Kills on Char B1..........................61

88 Kills on S35.........................................55

Sapper Kills on S35.................................114 (Note the pak36 has 98 S35 Kills this campaign, more than the dreaded 88)

This is the way it is each campaign.... every campaign.  I wish CRS would not have removed the sapper and then reintroduced it so that the all time stats could be looked at.  However, if you continue to look at what kills the heavies in tier 0 on a campaign by campaign basis you will find it's the sapper and not the 88.  There are significant issues to using the 88 as some sort of catch all wonder weapon in tier 0 and the stats show that over and over.  Anyway, continue on, don't let facts interfere or anything.

50 minutes ago, Thrance said:

I completely agree with you. Both sides had major issues. I am just amazed that people screaming about the same crap asking for it to be "realistic" when infact, if it were realistic. It would not be much fun for anyone. 

Also, great job hiding with the 88 yesterday.. I was looking for you and looks like I just missed finding you.

Absolutely, we need the game to be fun, and if that means screwing with the timeline somewhat, so be it.  

As for the 88, your guys must have not marked me, I was on the east road out of town, literally on the road :P

1 person likes this

Didn't they boost the 

6 minutes ago, saronin said:

Let's just address this myth now.  This campaign.  As I write this post:

88 Kills on Matilda Mk II's.......................9

Sapper Kills on Matilda Mk II's...............35

88 Kills on Char B1..................................21

Sapper Kills on Char B1..........................61

88 Kills on S35.........................................55

Sapper Kills on S35.................................114 (Note the pak36 has 98 S35 Kills this campaign, more than the dreaded 88)

This is the way it is each campaign.... every campaign.  I wish CRS would not have removed the sapper and then reintroduced it so that the all time stats could be looked at.  However, if you continue to look at what kills the heavies in tier 0 on a campaign by campaign basis you will find it's the sapper and not the 88.  There are significant issues to using the 88 as some sort of catch all wonder weapon in tier 0 and the stats show that over and over.  Anyway, continue on, don't let facts interfere or anything.

Didn't they boost the pak36 recently? 

That's what some people are claiming, but you were always able to kill the s35 from the flanks pretty easily with it. With the FMS spawning them like ants, it only makes sense the kill count would go up. 

4 hours ago, merlin51 said:

STuG, if you can convince everyone to stay directly in front of it, otherwise no early german panzer that i know of that was not feeling possibly suicidal.

Real life german accounts of confrontations with B1 bis or S35 were brutal.
They built the tanks like they built the maginot line, and unfortunately like the linke, not in the place needed at the time, axis just rolled around them with their better speed when ever feasible.
Mobile pill box no good when other guy now owns the fuel and ammo supply line behind you

Hmmm but one shotted by pak36 on flank in this game....

1 hour ago, sajuk said:

Realistic supply is somethink stupid because the war goes ingame other way then in real. 

The only think that CRS can realky make real are the plans, the Guns, the Tanks and all the other Stuff with a good supply  balance that no Side is overpowerd.

though a campaign with 'real' %'s throughout the force (well real-ish given the missing equipment) could be fun as there'd be a billion rifles, a few thousand SMG and a few hundred LMGS  (replicated across all branches of course)

7 minutes ago, dropbear said:

Hmmm but one shotted by pak36 on flank in this game....

Well, depending on range it is on the flank.
The game does not have cumulative damage VS armor, so technically everything is "one shotted"
just depends on how many tries it takes you to properly place the 1 shot i guess?

40mm armor on flanks
Pak 36 500m 31mm 
100m 64mm

So from 500m and up, its either going to spall a lot or its going to go in, unless angle is bad of course.

1 minute ago, B2K said:

though a campaign with 'real' %'s throughout the force (well real-ish given the missing equipment) could be fun as there'd be a billion rifles, a few thousand SMG and a few hundred LMGS  (replicated across all branches of course)

Actually that would make a sweet event some time
0 resupply 0 RDP
Construct some special brigades, and put appropriate amounts of a given unit into them
have to stand in some units for missing ones of course.

Last man with stuff to spawn wins

1 hour ago, Lob12 said:

Didn't they boost the 

I don't think pak36 37mm has had any changes of recent doing, only recent change loosley pertaining to ammo is FMS no longer takes damage from HE projectiles? guess depends what you call recent.

I think you just see more pak36's as they are the FMS atg

1 hour ago, Lob12 said:

Didn't they boost the 

I’ve heard that. No idea if it’s true or not.