• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
wildcat382

Axis thinks they are good

119 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lob12 said:

Everything always lit up vickies like they were made out of gasoline filled baloon... 

I'v seen Vicky's shrug off Shrek's and ATG's, its hilarious.

1 person likes this

On 2/14/2018 at 7:09 PM, saronin said:

This is the way it is each campaign.... every campaign.  I wish CRS would not have removed the sapper and then reintroduced it so that the all time stats could be looked at.  However, if you continue to look at what kills the heavies in tier 0 on a campaign by campaign basis you will find it's the sapper and not the 88.  There are significant issues to using the 88 as some sort of catch all wonder weapon in tier 0 and the stats show that over and over.  Anyway, continue on, don't let facts interfere or anything.

Apparently you didn't read what I actually said. I said that the Char and Matilda were more vulnerable to sappers than the Tiger, and I also said that Axis would at least have a long-range option against Chars and Matildas, which the Allies wouldn't have against the Tiger unless an early M10 was involved.

The statistics you laid out only prove my point that Chars and Matildas are vulnerable to sappers (though not a comparison with Tigers vs. sappers) and that the 88mm is in fact a long-range option against Matildas and Chars.

Nowhere in any of that did I say that the 88 was more effective than sappers against Chars and Matildas.

Thank you.

Edited by chaoswzkd
1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, odolf said:

You need a 90degree angle to get a hit with any RPATs. Some parts of the vicky are weirdly angled and thus relatively hard to score a hit on with a RPAT.

And as any light vhec in this game, AP shots can go through without noticeable damage if you don't hit vital components/crew members.

Same stuff happens with the 232 "vacum" armor.

Honestly if you have trouble killing vickers in this game, with anything, well I don't know what to tell you. Use your ATG like you would an ATR : aim for the crew.

Edited by Lob12

37 minutes ago, stankyus said:

Can you still flame the Vicky with the rifleman?  I used to do it with them and the LMG especially.. along with the A13 and Cru2.

With the rifleman I don't know, but with the LMG sure. I've seen it done a few times recently when I was messing around with my F2P still. 

And yeah you can also flame the A13 and first crusader.

2 hours ago, jester said:

Not recently, but it was done in the past, yes. It's not unique to just this unit, however.

Just to be devil's advocate, maybe they aren't any longer, but this game has a demonstrated history of doing just that with several units - Pak36 sight included. Some others which got unmentioned buffs are the H-39 and German Flak 20mm. Granted this was all a long while ago

Yup, anyone who says different doesn't pay attention. 

Way back in 2008 (?) or around there, my old squad Black Hand found a nice little weakspot on the 4d. We slaughtered the 4d with ATRs that map. 

Next map the spot was magically gone. We asked DOC and he said nothing changed...Garbage, we KNOW when something changes like that, something so severe and drastic. 

Same thing happened to the 38t. It got bugged or something, was terribly resistant to the ATR in spots where it wasn't ever, immune in some spots as well. DOC tried to pass on some BS that nothing changed, then that it was a different version of the 38t  (LOL) and then admitted it was bugged, over the course of a few months argument. 

I seriously doubt this dev team does the crappy things DOC did...but it might have been done while he was still here. 

43 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

I seriously doubt this dev team does the crappy things DOC did...but it might have been done while he was still here. 

Agreed, and also keep in mind this game tends to break in the most random ways imaginable after some patches, so it's not necessarily intentional depending on the changes

9 minutes ago, jester said:

Agreed, and also keep in mind this game tends to break in the most random ways imaginable after some patches, so it's not necessarily intentional depending on the changes

Absolutely, but DOC did some of that crap on purpose, otherwise why would he lie about it?  I wish I still had my PM log from the old forums, bagged him on 3 different lies about the 38t alone. 

1 hour ago, chaoswzkd said:

Apparently you didn't read what I actually said. I said that the Char and Matilda were more vulnerable to sappers than the Tiger, and I also said that Axis would at least have a long-range option against Chars and Matildas, which the Allies wouldn't have against the Tiger unless an early M10 was involved.

The statistics you laid out only prove my point that Chars and Matildas are vulnerable to sappers (though not a comparison with Tigers vs. sappers) and that the 88mm is in fact a long-range option against Matildas and Chars.

Nowhere in any of that did I say that the 88 was more effective than sappers against Chars and Matildas.

Thank you.

There is absolutely no difference between the Tiger's vulnerability to sappers and the Char and Matty.  All tanks have to be sapped while stationary.  It doesn't matter if you are going 5mph or 50mph.  The tank has a sap spot and is moving or it isn't. 

And while the 88 is a long range option, it is an overly hyped boutique unit that is ineffective in many in game situations. It's stats reflect that.   If you think being under pop allied is bad, trying playing under pop Axis in tier 0.  It is down right brutal.  The 88 becomes completely ineffective and the armor doesn't hold up so you are often left with the sapper as the only real option.  Not the case in the same tier while playing Allied.  Often the armor still provides a measure of effectiveness even when the odds are stacked against you.

None of it really matters in the nearly empty servers anyway though.

1 hour ago, Lob12 said:

With the rifleman I don't know, but with the LMG sure. I've seen it done a few times recently when I was messing around with my F2P still. 

And yeah you can also flame the A13 and first crusader.

I hope the KE audit fixes this when they remove AP (except for the BAR) and replace it with ball.  

1 hour ago, Lob12 said:

You need a 90degree angle to get a hit with any RPATs. Some parts of the vicky are weirdly angled and thus relatively hard to score a hit on with a RPAT.

And as any light vhec in this game, AP shots can go through without noticeable damage if you don't hit vital components/crew members.

Honestly if you have trouble killing vickers in this game, with anything, well I don't know what to tell you. Use your ATG like you would an ATR : aim for the crew.

Stop making sense bro....LOL

2 hours ago, saronin said:

There is absolutely no difference between the Tiger's vulnerability to sappers and the Char and Matty.  All tanks have to be sapped while stationary.  It doesn't matter if you are going 5mph or 50mph.  The tank has a sap spot and is moving or it isn't. 

And while the 88 is a long range option, it is an overly hyped boutique unit that is ineffective in many in game situations. It's stats reflect that.   If you think being under pop allied is bad, trying playing under pop Axis in tier 0.  It is down right brutal.  The 88 becomes completely ineffective and the armor doesn't hold up so you are often left with the sapper as the only real option.  Not the case in the same tier while playing Allied.  Often the armor still provides a measure of effectiveness even when the odds are stacked against you.

None of it really matters in the nearly empty servers anyway though.

It matters in how easily sappers can keep up with tanks on the move. Yes, they need to stop to actually place a charge on them, but getting into that position should be easier more often than against the Tiger.

I am aware of the 88's strengths and shortcomings, though I admit I can't recall ever using one against a Matilda or Char; I typically don't spawn 88s at all unless on defense where EI aren't in town, or if we've run out of AAA. Again, the point isn't whether or not the 88 excels at taking them out; it can, and we have the statistical records to prove it. Although there are apparently some lower-caliber Allied guns that can de-gun a Tiger, so they technically do have ranged options even without an early M10; "desperately shoot at its gun before you die!" isn't a great argument in favor of game balance though.

As for "play axis when underpop tier 0", I have, plenty of times. Your comment seems to suggest you think I'm an Allied player, but I don't play Allied at all. I got recruited into Windhund when I fired up the game while at university, and I never left the Axis-only squad. Took a break for some years because I got burnt out on some of the F2P decisions CRS made back then, though.

6 hours ago, Lob12 said:

U do really , I'm not sure when I have seen a 4G blast one from the front and my Stug3g had perfect flank shot and after he received  multiple hit from both of us ( and I think even a 3h took a few shots at it) all less then maybe 400 to 500 meters.

He starts up his engine and drove off into the sunset . The 4G operator and myself went over chat WOW wtf just happened here.

I have called the Vickers the Allied Tiger cause , after 4 Shrek hits in various spots nothing ,no smoke ,driver drives off and gunner still alive no kill reward .

And the topic of CRS changes nothing without notification of the player base . REALLY  I give you the S35 , between the humps it was an instant flame when u attached a satchel charge now you get white smoke ,  and I have not read anything about that spot being changed in any read me . So that statement I would call it pants on fire .

1 person likes this

Go and try to kill a 232 with a zook and tell me how it works for you lol.  Its a PITA with all those angles.

Don't forget you might see the rocket explode while looking at someone else shoot, but only the shooter sees the real effect of his shot. You might still see an explosion even when the shooter actually missed.

Also I wouldn't really use anecdotes from the last 2-3 years or so, since there was quite a few nasty bugs/unstabilities recently that  may explain some of the weird situations you guys describe. We had/have (seen it relatively recently when I played my F2P) the unkillable EI bug, so I bet there was at least some occurrence of the same bug with tanks... Same with the offset bug a little while back.

But for long years it was quite stable.

Edited by Lob12

5 hours ago, Mosizlak said:

Yup, anyone who says different doesn't pay attention. 

Way back in 2008 (?) or around there, my old squad Black Hand found a nice little weakspot on the 4d. We slaughtered the 4d with ATRs that map. 

Next map the spot was magically gone. We asked DOC and he said nothing changed...Garbage, we KNOW when something changes like that, something so severe and drastic. 

You do realize absolutely nothing can change in that respect with out a patch being downloaded and installed.
So if no patch between camps, no change doc made.

Doesn't mean no bug induced by some seemingly unrelated value like campaign number or something crazy

If patch, someone  changed something but possibly either
decided not to have discussion/documentation so someone else knows whats going on
or changed something that wouldn't seem to be related but somehow is
either way leaving someone looking like an idiot

6 hours ago, odolf said:

You can put 500 88's through a vickers and not kill it
if you put all 500 through say the mostly empty rear end.

no cumulative damage, so unlike real life, nothing in game finally falls apart due to more holes than material left.

And the vicky doesnt spall much cause there isnt much there to spall.
Its kind of like shooting a 232 panhard or daimler

Vickers engine is up front by the way, left of driver when facing it head on, lower half.

Want fun, get 8 squad mates, get them to stand in a line on the other side of the vickers at the rear part where no crew are.
Then take anything that fires solid AP (and is enemy) and shoot the vickers, it will live and all your squad mates will die
Works on 232 panhard and daimler also, PZII seems a bit tougher, or too many things in the way, i cant do it with it.

And yes LMG and probably rifle still kills armored cars and vickers
I killed a panny the other day that was harrasing my fms, with an mg34
no idea which of the 150 rounds did him in, but die he did.

Doubt that will be happening much post audits

5 hours ago, Capco said:

I hope the KE audit fixes this when they remove AP (except for the BAR) and replace it with ball.  

One time when I started to hear the rapid "Plinks" indicating that I was about to get flamed by a LMG in my crusader2, I rolled my eyes so hard RL I nearly broke them

11 minutes ago, Lob12 said:

One time when I started to hear the rapid "Plinks" indicating that I was about to get flamed by a LMG in my crusader2, I rolled my eyes so hard RL I nearly broke them

Hahaha.

4 hours ago, merlin51 said:

You do realize absolutely nothing can change in that respect with out a patch being downloaded and installed.
So if no patch between camps, no change doc made.

Doesn't mean no bug induced by some seemingly unrelated value like campaign number or something crazy

If patch, someone  changed something but possibly either
decided not to have discussion/documentation so someone else knows whats going on
or changed something that wouldn't seem to be related but somehow is
either way leaving someone looking like an idiot

no cumulative damage, so unlike real life, nothing in game finally falls apart due to more holes than material left.

And the vicky doesnt spall much cause there isnt much there to spall.
Its kind of like shooting a 232 panhard or daimler

Vickers engine is up front by the way, left of driver when facing it head on, lower half.

Want fun, get 8 squad mates, get them to stand in a line on the other side of the vickers at the rear part where no crew are.
Then take anything that fires solid AP (and is enemy) and shoot the vickers, it will live and all your squad mates will die
Works on 232 panhard and daimler also, PZII seems a bit tougher, or too many things in the way, i cant do it with it.

Stop acting like you know what I'm talking about. Were you around in 2008 and did you experience what my squad and I did? How can you comment and dismiss us out of hand when you have no idea what I'm talking about?

Did you know that there was a patch between the maps I was talking about? Did you? You seem to try and sell everyone on the fact you know everything, but you don't. 

3 people like this

On 2/16/2018 at 6:37 PM, merlin51 said:

Really Merlin , you act like we are complete idiots and don't know how to and where we need to aim.

The turret of the Vickers is by far not a villa , and unless CRS modeled that as soon as there is the remote sound on it that the guy in the turret ducks into the hull then I would say 2 placed shots of a Shrek should do the trick or shouldn't it ? Unless CRS modeled the skinniest soldier they could find in any of the BEF units.

The 232 compared to the Vickers is rather roomy .

But what do I know only been playing since 2001 .

1 person likes this

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:20 AM, stankyus said:

Can you still flame the Vicky with the rifleman?  I used to do it with them and the LMG especially.. along with the A13 and Cru2.

soon as KE audit is in no - everyone fires ball instead of AP - which is as it should be...

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:37 PM, merlin51 said:

The LMG34 WILL kill the Pan frontally through the drivers port at 150-200m. Not saying it happens all the time but I have lost a few while driving and having a LMG blast me. Usually its just the driver but sometimes you can get the gunner too. Not saying that's what you did but that might explain why you killed him.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, Mosizlak said:

Absolutely, but DOC did some of that crap on purpose, otherwise why would he lie about it?  I wish I still had my PM log from the old forums, bagged him on 3 different lies about the 38t alone. 

Dotse, Tbomber and Switcut I would say have been the very best ATRs this game has seen. I remember this happening and going to the training server and checking it out. The only shot that worked for me was the side of the turret and the rear ammo hit at the back of the turret but I had to get on the veh and it took about 15 hits to pop him... however I did manage to kill the turret gunner half the way through.  That was at 100m which prior was a easy shot laying down behind him.  Still not as easy as it once was but you can do it.

18 hours ago, scotsman said:

soon as KE audit is in no - everyone fires ball instead of AP - which is as it should be...

I don't see it very often anymore TBH, with the exception of killing 232s and a occasional Pan.  Usually for the Vickers some LMG kills it through the drivers port but I have not seen the rear Vickers LMG kill in a long while.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, dre21 said:

Lol snort , says the player that can sit in a M10 and have shoot outs with 4gs and Stug3gs, and in real life they would hit reverse cause that platform wasn't ment to be used like that but a scoot and shoot tank. It was lightly armored so it could move faster into ambush positions and retreat and rinse and repeat. 

But no worries you will get that 1944 Firefly in no time and the late 1943 early 1944 Achilles that you guys will use as a main battle tank too even that it falls into the same role as the M10. While we still be rolling around in our 1942 Tiger that gets degunnned and tracked to easily 

I hardly use the m10