wildcat382

Axis thinks they are good

119 posts in this topic

On 2/19/2018 at 0:26 PM, stankyus said:

I don't see it very often anymore TBH, with the exception of killing 232s and a occasional Pan.  Usually for the Vickers some LMG kills it through the drivers port but I have not seen the rear Vickers LMG kill in a long while.

I rear killed a Vickers, jeez that sounds preverted, a few weeks ago stankyus. He was stationary and I just stuck my LMG up through the rear downward angle part of its body and fired away. He brewed up after a drum and a half. I have done it with a rifle as well, but that was about 5 years ago.

God that first post.

I swear I feel like without the overpop, Axis wouldn't be able to win some campaign. Especially when it comes to armor.

7 hours ago, kuronyra said:

God that first post.

I swear I feel like without the overpop, Axis wouldn't be able to win some campaign. Especially when it comes to armor.

Its normal.  Overpop always wins.  This applies to both sides.

After playing this game over 10 years, I can not recall a single campaign when the underpop side was victorious.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, krazydog said:

After playing this game over 10 years, I can not recall a single campaign when the underpop side was victorious.

HC mistakes, morale and overpop all lead to momentum for one side or the other. When momentum kicks into high gear, it is hard to stop though not impossible. Swing players begin to switch to the side that is winning and momentum just swings even further to the overpop side. In my opinion, player morale is the number one determinant in victory.  Morale drives the level of commitment of the player. Experience seems to indicate if your morale is busted you are less likely to log in and play for your chosen side whereas the side with higher morale gets more of its players logging in. Good teamwork and a host of other factors are all involved but morale is key I believe.

Edited by tac2i

10 hours ago, krazydog said:

Krazydog is right..........

Its not an Axis or Allied thing..........it's an overpop thing.  I think iirc only once has a side won when the total average campaign population of one side was underpop compared to the other.

Overpop has no bias it is what it is.

12 hours ago, krazydog said:

During C118, the Allies were underpop and emerged victorious.  Afaik, that's the only underpop victory in the last 60ish campaigns.

Edited by Capco

23 hours ago, rpw1 said:

I rear killed a Vickers, jeez that sounds preverted, a few weeks ago stankyus. He was stationary and I just stuck my LMG up through the rear downward angle part of its body and fired away. He brewed up after a drum and a half. I have done it with a rifle as well, but that was about 5 years ago.

Way back in the day, you had a lot of that going on because we had a lot of ppl, more so than now. Light AFVs where always being targeted.  You can flame all 3 of the crusader series AFVs with the LMG still, the DAC, Pan, Vickers.  You could kill the driver on the Char with a rifleman, don't know if that is still possible. I don't drive them much and have not died to EI in one in a long while.  I used to kill a few Chars that way back I the day.  I just don't see ppl killing anything but the 232 with riffle caliber bullets with regularity and its been mb a year (?) since I died in a Vickers knowingly to a LMG or riffle.

7 minutes ago, Capco said:

During C118, the Allies were underpop and emerged victorious.  Afaik, that's the only underpop victory in the last 60ish campaigns.

There was a map mb 2 years ago that the Allies turned around the map and won being low pop most the time. The map ended up going OP but was pushed back or held during the day and started to match their numbers at night or close too it stopping the TZ3 crew... after stopping their TZ3 crew for a few weeks we actually took a few towns one night due to ninja caps and the Axis crew logged out and we managed to trap a division and a half. After that our TZ3 crew went from underpop to overpop and the Axis started to collapse and stopped logging in.  I call that a underpop victory because we broke their backs while being underpop.

EDIT: Actually it might have been 3 years ago or a tad more..

56 minutes ago, stankyus said:

Way back in the day, you had a lot of that going on because we had a lot of ppl, more so than now. Light AFVs where always being targeted.  You can flame all 3 of the crusader series AFVs with the LMG still, the DAC, Pan, Vickers.  You could kill the driver on the Char with a rifleman, don't know if that is still possible. I don't drive them much and have not died to EI in one in a long while.  I used to kill a few Chars that way back I the day.  I just don't see ppl killing anything but the 232 with riffle caliber bullets with regularity and its been mb a year (?) since I died in a Vickers knowingly to a LMG or riffle.

Few maps ago, I was chasing an SMG in a forest. Backed into a tree with my Vickers and rolled it. The SMG walked up and killed me through my armor. Not a rifle. Not an LMG. It was an SMG. I was like... "WTF?!?"

Right now, Axis have 0,23% more sorties than Allies and were spending 3,76% more time in game on those missions. Allies scored 0,04% more kills though while dying a tiny bit less. Sounds pretty even to me.

:huh: Oh wait a minute. Axis did a lot more capping - allmost 10%. That might bring you victory at some point. :huh:

Edited by vanapo
misspelling

6 hours ago, tac2i said:

Good teamwork and a host of other factors are all involved but morale is key I believe.

yup

4 hours ago, stankyus said:

You can flame all 3 of the crusader series AFVs with the LMG still, the DAC, Pan, Vickers.

We won't be able to do that anymore after the proper ammo changes.
For whatever initial programming reason, anything not HE got AP ammo.
9mm luger? Here have some 9mm AP
Need some .303? Here have some AP
Once we get proper ball ammo, that will end.
It will end on the armor side too, won't be able to use tank MG fire to perforate AT gun shields, and 251's and such either that they currently can.
Might even make trucks a teeny bit harder to kind of randomly spray at long range, maybe.

By the time all the various ammo work is in, we might have to go relearn what we are doing a bit :) 
Both on the shooting and being shot at sides of things.
Might be kind of fun actually. Except the part where i forget to run from HE and bombs LoL

5 hours ago, stankyus said:

You could kill the driver on the Char with a rifleman, don't know if that is still possible.

I want to say i dont think so, since they put the glass block in the episcope? I dont think i have been shot through it in a long time anyways.
Same with popping the panzer driver through the little side vision slits, used to run up and just spray the smg into them

Why do I keep getting this warning from my Malwarebytes program regarding Wiesshund?  

"Website blocked due to phishing. Domain: wiesshund.dx.am  IP Address: 185.176.43.59 Port: 54692 Type: Outbound"

I assume it pops up every time I go to a thread that someone that has that Squad Link in their signature, has posted in the thread? 

Edited by lipton

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

We won't be able to do that anymore after the proper ammo changes.
For whatever initial programming reason, anything not HE got AP ammo.
9mm luger? Here have some 9mm AP
Need some .303? Here have some AP
Once we get proper ball ammo, that will end.
It will end on the armor side too, won't be able to use tank MG fire to perforate AT gun shields, and 251's and such either that they currently can.
Might even make trucks a teeny bit harder to kind of randomly spray at long range, maybe.

By the time all the various ammo work is in, we might have to go relearn what we are doing a bit :) 
Both on the shooting and being shot at sides of things.
Might be kind of fun actually. Except the part where i forget to run from HE and bombs LoL

I want to say i dont think so, since they put the glass block in the episcope? I dont think i have been shot through it in a long time anyways.
Same with popping the panzer driver through the little side vision slits, used to run up and just spray the smg into them

Yah the Char I think is not possible anymore.  I have a few kills doing it back in the day and was where I would shoot the 37mm. You can still do it to the Pan.  Will be nice when the ammo does go to ball.

15 minutes ago, stankyus said:

Yah the Char I think is not possible anymore.  I have a few kills doing it back in the day and was where I would shoot the 37mm. You can still do it to the Pan.  Will be nice when the ammo does go to ball.

Yea pan/dac/232 has nothing in front of the driver capable of stopping anything i dont think when the port is open?
Rain driving had to be hell?

24 minutes ago, lipton said:

Why do I keep getting this warning from my Malwarebytes program regarding Wiesshund?  

"Website blocked due to phishing. Domain: wiesshund.dx.am  IP Address: 185.176.43.59 Port: 54692 Type: Outbound"

I assume it pops up every time I go to a thread that someone that has that Squad Link in their signature, has posted in the thread? 

Wierd.
Its a free web host, all i have there is images.
Being a free host, it probably got used for something it shouldn't have and got blackballed.
Guess time to move my images, again, Is it doing it now still?

12 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

Yea pan/dac/232 has nothing in front of the driver capable of stopping anything i dont think when the port is open?
Rain driving had to be hell?

Wierd.
Its a free web host, all i have there is images.
Being a free host, it probably got used for something it shouldn't have and got blackballed.
Guess time to move my images, again, Is it doing it now still?

I didn't know who it was coming from, because it was 'blocked". But no. It's not doing it now. :-)

On 4/16/2018 at 10:37 AM, lipton said:

Few maps ago, I was chasing an SMG in a forest. Backed into a tree with my Vickers and rolled it. The SMG walked up and killed me through my armor. Not a rifle. Not an LMG. It was an SMG. I was like... "WTF?!?"

My guess he went for the soft underbelly, Armor was always the thinnest on top and below , especially below , I'm not positive but I bet the armor underneath on a Vickers can't be real thick .

I have destroyed a Vickers with a LMG and a rifle by shooting up into the rear of the vehicle. It is a known means to take them out.