gters

...end of the free trial? Give another 3/5 days...

18 posts in this topic

and allow them to have the rank to take all the ships, infantries, tanks, etc.

Why do I say it? Imagine that you are a new player and you join in the current campaign. Soon there will be sherman, panzer 4g etc etc, you really think you have fun fighting them with a pz38 or an h39 for example?
Give them the opportunity to take those means, let them have fun and you'll see that a lot of them will then stop and play by paying subscription ;)

The problem with this is that giving them access to higher-rank items means that players with little experience get access to very limited supply, spawning some of the best stuff for themselves without knowing how to effectively apply it and robbing it from vets who can effectively apply it.

Giving Premium Trial players their own supply has its own consequences, including people who want to game the system by creating new accounts just to have more toys at a battle.

Players, including F2P, have full access for Intermission, Training, and Offline, because that doesn't have any large negative expense to anyone.

Lengthening the Premium Trial is definitely a possible thing to discuss, but I don't think granting access to limited, high-value supply to brand new players is a good idea at all.

It's code and there is an account linked to whatever is being spawned. Perhaps there could be a limited number of spawn in's of higher level units for a trial player say 5 per week (just guessing). Perhaps counter productive given that CRS is pushing hard on other things....just a quick (and not that thought out thought).

S!

If this is a good idea or it is not, I honestly do not know, but I know that this game and us squads, we need more active players and many, too many of the new players who tested the game run away. Guilt of the graphics, guilt of a complicated game, guilt that their do not enter the any squad or perhaps guiilt of the fact that they can not access the best armament, I do not know this again but in the meantime they go away from the game. Without players, we do not have fun, see for example morning in the Euro timezone where we  are able to conquer cities without even firing a shot.

We must find a way to make them remain...

16 hours ago, gters said:

Without players, we do not have fun, see for example morning in the Euro timezone where we  are able to conquer cities without even firing a shot.

16 hours ago, gters said:

We must find a way to make them remain..

I think i may have the answer....How about playing for the side with less players and perhaps organize that side?

Maybe it would help the game become stronger and more populated with a strong presence on the lowpop side...:D

11 minutes ago, dropbear said:

But my kd.......

What’s a k/d??

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Pittpete said:

I think i may have the answer....How about playing for the side with less players and perhaps organize that side?

Maybe it would help the game become stronger and more populated with a strong presence on the lowpop side...:D

hahaha nice idea... but I can not abandon my stug, it is too strong a love!

On 2/13/2018 at 4:09 AM, gters said:

and allow them to have the rank to take all the ships, infantries, tanks, etc.

Why do I say it? Imagine that you are a new player and you join in the current campaign. Soon there will be sherman, panzer 4g etc etc, you really think you have fun fighting them with a pz38 or an h39 for example?
Give them the opportunity to take those means, let them have fun and you'll see that a lot of them will then stop and play by paying subscription ;)

Currently, Steam is only subscription based. Starter receives entry level atg-aa/tanks/planes as they rank up. The previous Free Play accounts have been grandfathered in, and will retain their regular equipment (with occasional perks from time to time).  

https://www.wwiionline.com/subscriptions#sub-comparison

6 hours ago, gters said:

Thats unfortunate...

It would help out immensely if you got some guys organized on the other side until the Italians came in to the game.

8 hours ago, gters said:

Allies can offer you a Matilda II or Char B1 bis in temporary exchange.

A F2P could receive private supply access to all units (they don’t deplete the premium supplies) but with a limit of 5 kills per sortie (then their ability to fire stops), and a global limit of 100 kills before going premium to continue. 

People must be guaranteed to have fun to understand the potential.

A special decals could warn other players if a unit is F2P. 

Problem with that idea is a vet makes f2p, spawns a tiger or S76 at a fight, dies, respawns until they run out, log off, log on w/ new F2P account, spawn tiger or s76, rinse, wash, repeat.

Unless you mean a common F2P supply pool that all F2P draws from, like the reserve SMGs, which has its own problems (giant pain in the gastrointestinal tract to program and have it not be displayed horribly if we apply it to all supply in the game; at least, that's my impression.

3 hours ago, chaoswzkd said:

Problem with that idea is a vet makes f2p, spawns a tiger or S76 at a fight, dies, respawns until they run out, log off, log on w/ new F2P account, spawn tiger or s76, rinse, wash, repeat.

Unless you mean a common F2P supply pool that all F2P draws from, like the reserve SMGs, which has its own problems (giant pain in the gastrointestinal tract to program and have it not be displayed horribly if we apply it to all supply in the game; at least, that's my impression.

Indeed good point. 

Also @XOOMI would speak of a « demo account » and offer something different than f2p on steam.

We should no longer mention « f2p » which is definitely confusing 

3 hours ago, Zebbeee said:

Indeed good point. 

Also @XOOMI would speak of a « demo account » and offer something different than f2p on steam.

We should no longer mention « f2p » which is definitely confusing 

At this point in time I am not ready to open a demo account for free players to hop into WWII Online. We need to continue to make improvements to the game pending our full Steam release, at which point we'll be ready to bring on those folks more properly.

Ultimately, we have lots of the important feedback we need to make the game better, we still continue to have higher than pre-Steam populations and since we're removed Free Play as an option from Steam, we've seen some improvements in the quality of player that we're attracting.

It's not completely off the table, but during this time of not having "Free" Steam customers I'll be (as I have been) very focused on how it is affecting things both in-game and via the business. So far there's visible progress on both parts by comparison to what we had rolling. Which may come as a surprise to some people.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, XOOM said:

At this point in time I am not ready to open a demo account for free players to hop into WWII Online. We need to continue to make improvements to the game pending our full Steam release, at which point we'll be ready to bring on those folks more properly.

Ultimately, we have lots of the important feedback we need to make the game better, we still continue to have higher than pre-Steam populations and since we're removed Free Play as an option from Steam, we've seen some improvements in the quality of player that we're attracting.

It's not completely off the table, but during this time of not having "Free" Steam customers I'll be (as I have been) very focused on how it is affecting things both in-game and via the business. So far there's visible progress on both parts by comparison to what we had rolling. Which may come as a surprise to some people.

The numbers in game is not a surprise to me personally,  i’ve played pretty much every day for the past 14 months so I have a pretty good since of what the games been like during my typical playing time, 2-8 pm  gmt, and yes the numbers on the whole during that window of time feal about double what they were pre steam,  I know that’s pretty anecdotal but that’s just how it feels, and I still see a fair amount of green tags in game regularly 

Edited by brady

*** Players, including F2P, have full access for Intermission

Uhm, no.

Every one of the FPA players I talk to say they never get access to full gear in intermission.

Though they should.

Edited by delems

5 hours ago, brady said:

The numbers in game is not a surprise to me personally,  i’ve played pretty much every day for the past 14 months so I have a pretty good since of what the games been like during my typical playing time, 2-8 pm  gmt, and yes the numbers on the whole during that window of time feal about double what they were pre steam,  I know that’s pretty anecdotal but that’s just how it feels, and I still see a fair amount of green tags in game regularly 

That's very encouraging. I don't regret any decision that we've made as it relates to Steam, I think we've done the very best we can, with the very best of intentions. We've had to make some alterations in the course, but you don't know what you don't know until you get boots on deck. Then you have to make important strategic decisions as you gain greater understanding about how that whole customer base will respond.

WWII Online has benefited and will continue to benefit from Steam even in its current form. Our development roadmap will help to bolster the trajectory both organically and via Steam players.