malvoc

Overpop notifications

23 posts in this topic

Please get rid of this after game loads and it tells you who is overpop it like a invitation to easy street and most people gravitate towards the side they see is overpop cause that's where the fun is how about just letting people pick a side instead of telling this side has more numbers and you have to wait this long ect....

Also get rid of spawn delay that just tells that side hey you way out number the other side go ahead and attack  they don't have the numbers to counter attack or defend...All you are doing is giving them knowledge that they outnumber the other side which is a real advantage in my book!!!

Malvoc out....

Problem is when 20 to 30 axis walk into a town and only get to shoot at the tumble weed, 20 towns later they might of already figured out that they are overpopulated and may go for mmm bigger towns maybe like Brussels or cambrai etc

Idk I like the overpop notification.  It tells me to go switch sides.  I guess I'm a minority since I have no strong alliegence to either side (until a Pacific theatre ever comes (let me dream damn it)).

6 hours ago, malvoc said:

Please get rid of this after game loads and it tells you who is overpop it like a invitation to easy street and most people gravitate towards the side they see is overpop cause that's where the fun is how about just letting people pick a side instead of telling this side has more numbers and you have to wait this long ect....

Also get rid of spawn delay that just tells that side hey you way out number the other side go ahead and attack  they don't have the numbers to counter attack or defend...All you are doing is giving them knowledge that they outnumber the other side which is a real advantage in my book!!!

Malvoc out....

Just like Fufubear, it tells me which side needs help, and if i have already been in game and i start seeing a consistent SD, it tells me i should log for a bit, eat a sandwich, then go help the other side out because they are a lot out numbered.

Yeah i'm not sure about that. Some players like the easy street (axis ) route while i know there are a good many who also like to pitch in on the side getting rolled (allied). So i think the current system kinda accomplishes that. 

But it would be nics to know how drastically underpop one side was just for curiosity's sake.

Edited by choad

place a simple bar graph on the log in page..no need for numbers just percentages. Is this SOOooo hard?

1 person likes this

On 2/13/2018 at 5:51 AM, malvoc said:

Malvoc out....

Malvoc,

We don't plan to make adjustments to either of these, sorry. The spawn delay at 30 seconds (in worst case scenario imbalance conditions) is completely fine (down from 4 minutes in the past), and the notifications about imbalance is important feedback to make sure the game gets balanced. 

A balanced game is the best case scenario that we can ask for because it will provide as fair as possible of game play for all to enjoy. 

14 minutes ago, poker said:

@XOOMdo you intend to alter capture timers based upon side population? Is this easy to do?

It's been happening since 1.35.5 - well before steam.   The underpop side gets a faster cap timer (based on % difference of playerbase #'s)

2 people like this

1 hour ago, B2K said:

It's been happening since 1.35.5 - well before steam.   The underpop side gets a faster cap timer (based on % difference of playerbase #'s)

Really?  I never knew or saw that in any notes. If so I guess  its a good start.

3 hours ago, B2K said:

What?

I thought it was impossible to do? 

Well, darn me! :lol:

Is it also reflective of total numbers in-game, or by % difference of pop?

Edited by poker

7 hours ago, B2K said:

lol did you guys seriously make a stealth change to a core gameplay mechanic? This is why the game isn't doing well.

7 hours ago, Lob12 said:

What?

I thought it was impossible to do? 

that's what you get for thinking... 

3 hours ago, david01 said:

lol did you guys seriously make a stealth change to a core gameplay mechanic? This is why the game isn't doing well.

We did and we kept it so well hidden that we publicly announced and implemented it in October of 2016. 

You should maybe login every once in a while - or at least consider it.

2 minutes ago, delems said:

Cap times faster for under pop been since map 129.

Nothing new to see here.

apparently it is... 

Give the f2p Players some extra stuff only on the underpop Side.

Then they switch :-)

1 person likes this

*** cap timer is not faster for underpop side....

Per the rats, this was changed map 129 and the under pop side does cap faster.

Could be bugged?

Perhaps CRS could ACTUALLY play underpop over and over again..and see what its like??

Just putting it out there...I have and do..and believe me it still takes forever to cap a cp in lowpop.

4 hours ago, malvoc said:

cap timer is not faster for underpop side....

Have you timed It?