gters

Bring Back Old Soldiers!!!!

22 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone, i have an idea to bring back our soldiers, can we do a discussion about it?

My idea is simple... rats can sand an email to all players and you do an offertly of 15 days of free game with old their account. Include also the great roadmap link and/or your future projects for example.

We have a human potential of thousands of inactive players. Contact them, give to them good offers and they, after seeing how the game will evolve, I'm sure they will come back because this game, however old graphically, etc... it's unique :)

we had a 'welcome back soldier' event which ran Aug-Oct and allowed all former players back in for 30 days.  At some point future there may be another. 

did you send them an email? have you also included your future projects? I think it is very important to do this...

8 minutes ago, gters said:

did you send them an email? have you also included your future projects? I think it is very important to do this...

Yes - a full PR 'blitz' was done.  

16 hours ago, B2K said:

Yes - a full PR 'blitz' was done.  

I think that now you have many tools to intrigue them like the spaa, new planes, new tanks and Italians coming, impressive roadmap and wing2 screenshots.
I would suggest to do it again, compared to your last promotion, now you have done a lot more things and in a short time. Let to understand that we are moving towards a new and beautiful ww2 online and they will come back... again ;)

I contacted CRS about a welcome back squad invite but it did go far but we will check into it. 

I still have somewhat contact to former SG , if CRS would open a free Welcome Squad event instead of a Welcome back Soldier event it might go a bit further. Who would not like to play with former Squad mates ,rekindle friendships and maybe see if they would stay.

1 person likes this

Yes they have done welcoe back soldier several times infact as what has been said not that long ago...  I have recieved these emails...  

The Problem is the game Hasnt improved you still have a "Meaningless North" Its NOT....  Its alot of fun for Naval players problem is HC keeps the Naval players from being relavent...

So as far as I can see the game is STILL BROKEN...  Get rid of HC or give us a dedacated AO in the North at ALL TIMES....  

The changes 4 different types of Rifles???  Big deal

The changes Sappers and Engineers???  Big Deal

About the only cool change as far as equipment goes is the SPAA...

Most added equipment like Bazooka's and Shreck's have made the game worse!!!

You still have AI that ruins the fun and still have EWS that ruins the fun but most of all you still have HC ruining the fun....

12 minutes ago, jfoytek said:

So as far as I can see the game is STILL BROKEN...

Most sensible people would disagree.

The game is moving in the right direction and the devs are doing a ton of stuff behind the scenes.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Pittpete said:

Most sensible people would disagree.

The game is moving in the right direction and the devs are doing a ton of stuff behind the scenes.

The main thing that has been broken for years is your failure to see that High Command has pushed away over Half of your playerbase...

You want to talk sensible?!?  Until  you teach HC that it is their to provide for the playerbase's needs... Not to be an arm chair general doing whatever they want regardless of the playerbase!

HC has been destroying this game for years... If you really want to fix the game its easy... Very easy and it doesnt require adding Italians or new units or any of that... 

It requires gettting rid of the HC...  Thats the route you should be looking at to fix this game.

But you can continue to stick your heads in the sand...  

And continue to believe that your broken system hasnt run off the majority of your player base because its a system that create's Hate creates drama creates conflict creates politic's...

And doesnt serve to do the one thing it should, assist the playerbase in having fun!

I am a naval player, guess how often this last campaign I was usefull?!?  Guess how often I was in a DD for a reason that assisted the war effort???

You can't even get remotely enough sorties to even have a number 1 DD anymore unless someone purposely spawns in and RTB's 50 times so his one mission will be credited?!?

Again HC is busted, there is only one RIGHT path for the HC... And thats thru the south....  Its old its stale and it keeps the Navy from being able to play the game!!!

Again flashy toys, SPAA's, Italian soldiers, anything you might THINK is the right path isnt going to change CRAP....  The HC will forever treat the Navy like its useless and the naval players 

will simply never return...  

Very sad, as warfare in the zee's with combined arms is 10,000 times more fun then the warfare experience you get in the south!!!

Most players playing now will have zero idea what a Breskens Vrs Vliss fight was like

With Multiple DD's Even those Weird TT's no one ever see's anymore and a sky dark with planes over heads as 

a mass of FMB's going rushing across the way Para planes dropping trooops into the mess and troops riding FMB's DD's etc...

This is the most fun battle that can EVER happen in this game and HASNT happened for years?!?  WHY???

Because the LW is gone the only planes you will see in the air is ally's

The Navy is gone for both sides!!!

And this is mainly because of the HC system and there utter contempt for the north being relavent to any type of strategy...

You see the armchair general in commands fun is more important then that of the majority of the playerbase...  So the only people left are the people

that believe the south is the only place that matters!

22 minutes ago, jfoytek said:

Most players playing now will have zero idea what a Breskens Vrs Vliss fight was like

With Multiple DD's Even those Weird TT's no one ever see's anymore and a sky dark with planes over heads as 

a mass of FMB's going rushing across the way Para planes dropping trooops into the mess and troops riding FMB's DD's etc...

This is the most fun battle that can EVER happen in this game and HASNT happened for years?!?  WHY???

Because the LW is gone the only planes you will see in the air is ally's

The Navy is gone for both sides!!!

And this is mainly because of the HC system and there utter contempt for the north being relavent to any type of strategy...

You see the armchair general in commands fun is more important then that of the majority of the playerbase...  So the only people left are the people

that believe the south is the only place that matters!

Well...I certainly know there hasn't been much of northern battles in any consistent way for a long time. They were some of the most fun engagements to be involved in.

Not sure of how to remedy that.

49 minutes ago, jfoytek said:

The main thing that has been broken for years is your failure to see that High Command has pushed away over Half of your playerbase...

You want to talk sensible?!?  Until  you teach HC that it is their to provide for the playerbase's needs... Not to be an arm chair general doing whatever they want regardless of the playerbase!

HC has been destroying this game for years... If you really want to fix the game its easy... Very easy and it doesnt require adding Italians or new units or any of that... 

It requires gettting rid of the HC...  Thats the route you should be looking at to fix this game.

But you can continue to stick your heads in the sand...  

And continue to believe that your broken system hasnt run off the majority of your player base because its a system that create's Hate creates drama creates conflict creates politic's...

And doesnt serve to do the one thing it should, assist the playerbase in having fun!

I am a naval player, guess how often this last campaign I was usefull?!?  Guess how often I was in a DD for a reason that assisted the war effort???

You can't even get remotely enough sorties to even have a number 1 DD anymore unless someone purposely spawns in and RTB's 50 times so his one mission will be credited?!?

Again HC is busted, there is only one RIGHT path for the HC... And thats thru the south....  Its old its stale and it keeps the Navy from being able to play the game!!!

Again flashy toys, SPAA's, Italian soldiers, anything you might THINK is the right path isnt going to change CRAP....  The HC will forever treat the Navy like its useless and the naval players 

will simply never return...  

Very sad, as warfare in the zee's with combined arms is 10,000 times more fun then the warfare experience you get in the south!!!

You just came back and raging already...

I'm not a big fan of HC placed AO's but if you can't beat them join them until 1.36...

1 person likes this

In some aspects of your argument I am in total agreement.  Fights in the zees are fun..BUT the way the map is made strategically  they can be cut off so easily, and the towns have limited use.

With the new map extensions that are possible now we can look forward to a reason to have naval battles.

2 people like this

Old saying about juice being worth the squeeze......and the Zeelands ain’t that. The allies already have Knokke so they don’t need the airfield. The axis need the airfield if they’re trying to bypass twerp or Brussels. I love the fightsup there they really are fun, but I get why it’s limited.

Thats funny actually,,,,

This is not a Brand New Issue, its just the game has run everyone off that would make this arguement already... Every year that goes bye the game has become more and more and more army focused and the Navy and Airforce are just after thoughts...

Who is it thats beyond reason?  The guys "HC" who have refused for YEARS to provide the necessary support to keep the naval players happy and enjoying the game?!?

CRS that allows this broken HC system to continue?!?

Pittpete says if you can't beat em join em?!?  Read my Sig I have been HC Multiple times that did no use just gave us a new channel to fight in...  and made our personal disagreements with Heer HC even more fierce!

2006 -2009 I was one of the more reasonable and more diplomatic naval players having been PanzerLehr from 2001 -2006 and Feldjager since, I tried to bridge the divide between the Heer and Navy that was just pointless... Heer [censored] on the navy at every turn!

Hell the entire KM HC switched sides, and most of the KM boots including 2 of the most major KM squads, to make a statement that went on completely deaf ear's!!!

This has been an issue for 10-12 years now and NOTHING absolutely zip zero and Jack squat has been done to fix it!!!  But I am the unreasonable one?!?

Edited by jfoytek

Never been HC but maybe have Navy HC only command the north and the regular Heer HC can only control none navy and none coastal towns.

Of course if one side does not have Navy HC on and the others do then that would be creating conflict too. 

But there has to be something that could be done , just have to think and figure something out.

On 2/19/2018 at 10:20 AM, dre21 said:

I contacted CRS about a welcome back squad invite but it did go far but we will check into it. 

I still have somewhat contact to former SG , if CRS would open a free Welcome Squad event instead of a Welcome back Soldier event it might go a bit further. Who would not like to play with former Squad mates ,rekindle friendships and maybe see if they would stay.

If serious traction could be gained by an initiative like this, and participation seems to be there, I will put my personal stamp of approval on it. The question is, will they really go for it? Whynot just join one of our existing Welcome Back Soldier promos, en masse?

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, XOOM said:

The question is, will they really go for it? Why not just join one of our existing Welcome Back Soldier promos, en masse?

That was my first thought as well.  

1 person likes this

yup agree with this, we could use more players logging in even if it is to show off the new SPAA or tankbusters or cap timers or wait for the new CS tanks but defiantly sooner than later