• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
OHM

campaign 152 has started with changes

25 posts in this topic

Nine hours ago, it was announced intermission would be "at least the next 24 hours."  Those players who took the day off to be with their families, knowing they would have no reason to log in until tomorrow, might be more than a bit upset at missing day one of the new campaign because they were lied to.

If you're going to make a decision and announce it officially, stick with it.  This is not the first time this has happened.  This isn't even the first time it's happened recently.

-Irish

20 minutes ago, odonovan1 said:

Nine hours ago, it was announced intermission would be "at least the next 24 hours."  Those players who took the day off to be with their families, knowing they would have no reason to log in until tomorrow, might be more than a bit upset at missing day one of the new campaign because they were lied to.

If you're going to make a decision and announce it officially, stick with it.  This is not the first time this has happened.  This isn't even the first time it's happened recently.

-Irish

Not lied to but a decision change was made.  But  no matter what i can not make everyone happy ... Damned if i do damned if i dont.

1 person likes this

@XOOM @OHM  Very nice update guys!  

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  your willingness to hear us out breathes new life into the game every time you take our words and act on them accordingly.  If you guys sat here and did nothing with the ruleset while working on patches, everything would be much more stagnant.  A lot of what I am reading in these changes are directly from our feedback.  Regardless of whether these changes work or don't (and I have a good feeling they WILL help), you are trying and your commitment is obvious.   

I'm not sure how the additional division will impact the game, but I would assume this will equal less cut offs AND more action in the far flung towns at the edges of the map, action that we don't always see.  Honestly, I'm fascinated with constructing a deployment plan now for the Allies lol.  

The trickle timers should help with JWBS brigade stacking too!  And the dynamic timers are awesome!  Really gotta get some play time in for C152 and give some feedback.  

S!   

3 people like this

42 minutes ago, OHM said:

Not lied to but a decision change was made.  But  no matter what i can not make everyone happy ... Damned if i do damned if i dont.

No worries, i think Delems is sending flowers for the fast restart.

Someone will always miss day one, or miss the last day etc etc.

Irish
Time with family > Campaign Day 1
they shouldnt be that terribly mad?

47 minutes ago, OHM said:

It's one person OHM, don't worry about him...LOL

GJ we all appreciate it.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, odonovan1 said:

-Irish

We're allowed to change our minds, It comes with owning the game, frankly intermission on a holiday when most people want to play sucks

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, delems said:

Actually, needs to be changed to:

We realize this is a 3 day weekend and lots of players can play right now.

Hence, we will be shortening intermission and new map starts very soon.

We had an unforeseen side effect with the new under / over pop capture timers and had to remove them for now until we figure out what happened.  

1 hour ago, Capco said:

@XOOM @OHM  Very nice update guys!  

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  your willingness to hear us out breathes new life into the game every time you take our words and act on them accordingly.  If you guys sat here and did nothing with the ruleset while working on patches, everything would be much more stagnant.  A lot of what I am reading in these changes are directly from our feedback.  Regardless of whether these changes work or don't (and I have a good feeling they WILL help), you are trying and your commitment is obvious.   

I'm not sure how the additional division will impact the game, but I would assume this will equal less cut offs AND more action in the far flung towns at the edges of the map, action that we don't always see.  Honestly, I'm fascinated with constructing a deployment plan now for the Allies lol.  

The trickle timers should help with JWBS brigade stacking too!  And the dynamic timers are awesome!  Really gotta get some play time in for C152 and give some feedback.  

S!   

Much appreciated, our guys are doing the best they can all around. S! 

2 people like this

8 hours ago, KMS said:

We're allowed to change our minds, It comes with owning the game, frankly intermission on a holiday when most people want to play sucks

Seriously ??? Is that the kind of message im supposed to support ?

People can CHOOSE to change their minds about subscriptions as well. All this damn fine work from listening to the PAYING PUBLIC..and then you ignore what you stated in WRITING.

Personally, I have no issues with it one way or another but your flippant responses are diametrically opposed to your "we are listening to you" official stand.

Why on earth so much hate? OMG.

This game was on the f*cking GRAVE two years ago. Now it's far from perfect but at least it is breathing. Stuff happening. 

And people raging for MINOR details. Sometimes we don't deserve a POS.

Good job @XOOMand @OHM and the rest of the team on the changes. I don't like these so long cap timers because they don't fit at all with my playing style, but those dinamyc changes and one more div could help. Let's see. Worth the try.

3 people like this

9 hours ago, OHM said:

We had an unforeseen side effect with the new under / over pop capture timers and had to remove them for now until we figure out what happened.  

BOOOOO

10 hours ago, OHM said:

Ugg.........well hopefully its a quick fix.

Get a grip, already! I am really happy to play a campaign rather than genetic intermission, which gets old really fast. Cheers!

12 hours ago, OHM said:

Damn!  That was potentially the golden goose of this update.  

But see what I mean?  You guys took a chance, put a new mechanic out there, and were able to test it in a real campaign.  It didn't immediately work, but your mind is in the right place. 

I hope you get it worked out.  S!

13 hours ago, OHM said:

Nice try! Nothing really works as expected with this code does it?

5 hours ago, erasmo said:

Why on earth so much hate? OMG.

This game was on the f*cking GRAVE two years ago. Now it's far from perfect but at least it is breathing. Stuff happening. 

And people raging for MINOR details. Sometimes we don't deserve a POS.

Good job @XOOMand @OHM and the rest of the team on the changes. I don't like these so long cap timers because they don't fit at all with my playing style, but those dinamyc changes and one more div could help. Let's see. Worth the try.

Just part of today's entitlement crowd.

Some people need to be medicated and some are just plain miserable.

There are some people's that will complain if the sun is outside and shining.....

Its too bad it got all wonky, but TBH the very FACT they surprised us with this and it was off everyones radar scope to it ever being attempted is a huge plus.  The up side is that once the kinks are worked out, it will be a gem of a change.

1 person likes this

Keep up the good work fellas..........I like the changes, at least YOUR trying! I’m excited as hell for the direction I ahead! New toys, sure just variants, but still newness. I get Irish’s post tho......I try to be one of the first allied bombers in the air when the campaign starts just to try get that first opel. I’m disappointed when I can’t do it, because of real life.

merlins post was good about why the change. We are like your kids, you don’t expect us to AGREE with everything you do, but you should expect us to understand why. Pretty hard to argue with the post put in those terms.

anyrate keep up the good works!

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, dropbear said:

People can CHOOSE to change their minds about subscriptions as well. All this damn fine work from listening to the PAYING PUBLIC..and then you ignore what you stated in WRITING.

Personally, I have no issues with it one way or another but your flippant responses are diametrically opposed to your "we are listening to you" official stand.

You guys do realize a very sizeable amount of you said please god no intermission , we hate intermission, we do not want intermission, please don't have an intermission, its a holiday no intermission etc.

Perhaps there should be a special arena created in the map and the intermission and non intermission crowd can all spawn in it
no respawns, last man standing decides.
I got a feeling delems is already there with an 88 in each hand

I just want a balanced game that allows both sides a fair shot at winning and for a campaign that last long enough to see all Tiers. Don't give a damn about intermission.

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, lipton said:

I just want a balanced game that allows both sides a fair shot at winning and for a campaign that last long enough to see all Tiers.

Would not mind seeing
World War II Online
Campaign 217
The Summer Offensive.

And having it actually take all summer.
May have to slow RDP up in that case though? To keep it interesting

53D6D78C4E08B4D84F9F8090EF878785421B4E9E

44 minutes ago, lipton said:

I just want a balanced game that allows both sides a fair shot at winning and for a campaign that last long enough to see all Tiers. Don't give a damn about intermission.

Lipton i can tell you they're trying like hell.....

1 person likes this