• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
imded

Why is it so hard to kill a truck or halftrack?

15 posts in this topic

I know from the Allied side trying to kill an opel and 1/2 track is tough.  Seems like you have to hit it many times.

Whereas, 1 HE or AP should make it go boom, or at the very least stop it from continuing to drive off.

There should be some kind of damage model too.

I have driven off in a LAFF when hit too.  So I know there is a problem. A truck has virtually no armor.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, imded said:

I know from the Allied side trying to kill an opel and 1/2 track is tough.  Seems like you have to hit it many times.

Whereas, 1 HE or AP should make it go boom, or at the very least stop it from continuing to drive off.

I have driven off in a LAFF when hit too.  So I know there is a problem. A truck has virtually no armor.

I only have an issue with the HT. The opel is simply shot placement for me, one ATR round from 600m in the fuel tank or tires ends him.  Long distance with the riffle, again low door you can hit the fuel and if you miss you get the driver. Shooting the door seems to be less effective by my experience. If he is running, low left, just above the axel with AP, ATR or riffle seems to be the most effective - again that's my experience. The HT driver seems like the most logical shot but he seems to absorb bullets and the chassis seems to take AP rounds and keep on running.  HE seems to be the most effective on the HT.

depends on what you hit.. there are components inside the vehicle that you would have to damage. 

26 minutes ago, imded said:

I have driven off in a LAFF when hit too.  So I know there is a problem. A truck has virtually no armor

aside from what others have said about it mattering a lot as to what you hit
you can kill the driver and the thing will drive off, dead stick so to speak, until the driver despawns, as long as the engine tranny and wheels are intact.

500 rounds through the bed do not do much for killing the truck though.
Does wonders for the passengers, but its funnier to kill the truck driver and watch all the EI onboard hit a wall as the truck becomes a run away

Would be nice to see the Hull Break mechanic from WT be incorporated for such light vehicles in WWIIOL.

The only way such a light vehicle would survive a heavy caliber round is if it penetrates so cleanly that none of the excess energy goes to the penetrated components. There's no way for that to happen with HE, so hitting with HE of sufficient caliber should absolutely wreck the internals, even if you hit the bed. Twist the frame, lock up gears, displace belts, cause bearings and seals to fail, etc., and that's before you even see if the vehicle flips over from the force.

Have me drive it, I die one shot all the time. It's called the sixpence explodes all the time feature

1 person likes this

It’s just like every other vehicle in the game  there is a  special spot that if you hit it it will burn,  it’s the sapper spot one shot and it’s dead, or just hit the driver.

Edited by brady

There is definitely a problem with the damage model of trucks, both sides.

One example is shooting with a ATG/PAK in to the radiator, dead head on shot.

In game they just drive off..........

In RL that would end the truck at once, taking out the engine block and pushing the remains through the driver.

On 20/02/2018 at 9:15 PM, Zebbeee said:

I get killed all the time in trucks :-o

This. A thousand times, this

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Silky said:

This. A thousand times, this

Hey now! You can't talk to zebbee like that!
He has only died in a truck 997 times

5 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Hey now! You can't talk to zebbee like that!
He has only died in a truck 997 times

998.2764812 times

Trucks die easy.

Aim for the rear end side shot.

Also, no better truck truck kller than the 20mm AA gun.

I die very easy when I'm in the opel. Most times from behind the guys manage to shoot through the wooded truckbed, window and kill me.

Yes an AP or an HE to the engine compartment should do the trick on any truck in game , also hitting the axle or Tires should leave no questions asked.

Most times the truck going in circles is a good indicate that you got the driver and no more ammo wasting is needed.