Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ltarflak

hey rats check this out!

14 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Ltarflak said:

BECAUSE THEY USED A LOT OF AA!!!

but they also moved far out of the AB

Aw come on, you know you wanted to laugh.

Yes there was a lot of AA
We have a lot of AA numerically, not variety but that will come.
What we dont have, is the number of very co-ordinated(sometimes) crews firing together that it took to down all those planes.
They literally put up walls of lead in the sky at times.

They also used a lot of something we dont have yet.
88mm FlaK guns chain linked with a firing computer and such

dual 37mm

AFAIK, never mobile-mounted. Mostly a late-war naval mount. 

whirbelwind 

Not until T4.

ostwind

A few in T4, more in T5.

All these calls for new models are misguided. What the game is missing is realistic gunsights. The idea of an AA gun having a cartwheel sight that's intentionally designed to be far too small for the game's flight geometry is grotesque.

13 hours ago, Ltarflak said:

http://www.taphilo.com/JG26/AA-defense-reich-WWII.shtml ====> this is an actual article about the # of planes that have been shot down, and the numbers kept rising and rising. do you know why? BECAUSE THEY USED A LOT OF AA!!!     

flakvierling 38 

dual 37mm 

whirbelwind 

ostwind etc...

@XOOM

Are you proficient in Creator 3D software (https://www.presagis.com/en/product/creator/) in order to help develop these things? I know the team is looking for those with that ability. Otherwise just going to have to be patient as the team has a lot of things that needs building.

8 hours ago, SCKING said:

Are you proficient in Creator 3D software (https://www.presagis.com/en/product/creator/) in order to help develop these things? I know the team is looking for those with that ability. Otherwise just going to have to be patient as the team has a lot of things that needs building.

its not my job to create stuff for the game, i am a paying customer and i am throwing out ideas to the CREATORS 

41 minutes ago, Ltarflak said:

its not my job to create stuff for the game, i am a paying customer and i am throwing out ideas to the CREATORS 

If it was a weapon in WWII then we want it and the idea is already there.. The question more or less is when. 

*** What we dont have, is the number of very co-ordinated(sometimes) crews 

No you are wrong.

What we have is a 1934 AA gun vrs 1940-44 ea; the Flak 30.

While the Flak 38 entered into service in 1939.....

What we have is allied light AA that is 3x as effective as our light AA.

What we have is allied bombers that are twice as fast as our bombers.

What we have is an embarrassing mismatch of AA and bombers in game.

That is what we have.

What we DON'T have is a balanced AA/bomber game.

Keep your facts straight.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

Been saying it forever, the flak38 needs to be in game, even if it's just the flak30 with the rate of fire changed. 

RATS are willing to let inaccurate visual models pass into the game for gameplay (axis SPAA for instance).

All that needs to be done to get the flak38 into the game is to change the rate of fire on the flak30 and call it the flak38. They fire the same round and don't look that much different, and it would do something to help the massive light flak imbalance. 

I like that idea Mo, re-purposing existing models is the fastest way to get more variety in the game with the least amount of time spent

15 hours ago, maxios said:

But you guys have Mo, that balances things out quite nicely i'd say ... ;)

Obviously this is a laugh line, and I did laugh. :P 

But, it's also literally true to some extent, at least based on old-CRS technical explanations in the old Design Forum of how balancing works.

CRS gets a lot of game statistics because the entire game runs in a database, so every kill of everything by everyone is recorded along with what weapon was used.

So, CRS knows the aggregate lethality of every weapon, not as just a model, but as actually used by players in-game.

So, if one side has mediocre weapons but extra good gunners, and the other side has normally good weapons and normally good gunners, the two sides could have exactly equal aggregate lethalities.

And aggregate lethality also takes into account the ease or difficulty of hitting and killing the other side's planes, which also differs side to side.

Obviously CRS designed the game assuming that both sides always would have a mix of noobs and vets, so-so gunners and crack-shot gunners, tactical doofuses and tactical wizards. That assumption isn't always true.

Therefore, if only one side has Mo, aggregate balance might require that the other side gets more-effective weapons...or that there's some other offsetting difference.

Edited by jwilly
1 person likes this

On 2/22/2018 at 9:09 AM, SCKING said:

Do they have a free version for people that want to learn the software?

27 minutes ago, ghostrider said:

Do they have a free version for people that want to learn the software?

I know they have done trial versions that won’t let you save your work, but you will probably have to contact them for that.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0