• Announcements

• BLKHWK8

Squad vs Squad Battle for Notre Dame Postponed   08/03/2018

The event for this weekend will be postponed... We have not been able to get a solid commitment to run the event. I will be posting a poll to select a better date and time. Poll:    Welcome back our Squad vs Squad events. Please check out the forum post here   
dog3

Sliders on USB controllers not working?

18 posts in this topic

MacOS 10.13.4, Anyone else having a problem where the sliders on USB joystick/throttle/pedals no longer recognized? In my case I'm using CH Products Fighterstick/throttle/pedals. 

JS pitch/roll axis work but not sliders for throttle or pedals z-axis. I haven't used them in a while so I am not sure whether this is a recent phenomenon, or not.

Thanks.

S!

The issue appears to involve "calibration". The "global.calib" is not being updated. When I get a moment I'm just going to create one manually and see if that helps. I'm just a little busy atm.

All the devices are recognized by the macOS and "Joystick and Gamepad Tester" recognizes all the controls. So I don't think that it's a USB issue at all.

On 2/26/2018 at 1:58 PM, Pittpete said:

Dog, trying to get you help on this.

Answerd your support ticket FYI.

PittPete, thanks I got your reply.

Ok, Pete, you got me motivated. (I posted these additional notes to the support chain and I'll add them here.)

1) I manually created a "global.calib" file and that fixed the problem.

2) However, I also confirmed that "global.calib" is not being created or updated.

3) Keymapper (.cfml) files are updated as expected.

4) my preferences are stored on a "case-sensitive" volume.

S!

1 person likes this

My Mac had crashed during an upgrade to 10.13.4 beta which required me to do a full wipe and reinstall.. I hope to be back up and running by this weekend to help dig into the problem. 

38 minutes ago, SCKING said:

My Mac had crashed during an upgrade to 10.13.4 beta which required me to do a full wipe and reinstall.. I hope to be back up and running by this weekend to help dig into the problem. 

I'm running 10.13.4 Beta (17E160e). No hitches that I have detected. You will get warnings about 32-bit apps.

I was coming from 10.13.3 beta and I had a 3rd party kernel extension installed as well as only 6gb of drive space left.. so one of those 3 things or a combination of things is what broke it bad.. 

There is an app called "Joystick Show" in the App Store.. I think its 0.99.. Have you tried to see if all the axis work in there? 

I used one of Apple's old demo apps "HIDExplorer" that is basically the same thing (as well as the also old "Joystick and GamePad Tester". All the buttons and axes are recognized by the HID api.

Update: The latest version, 1.35.12.0 still does not modify the 'global.calib' file. This means there is no device calibration which is a serious issue.

I will take a look at it tonight or tomorrow on my Mac

@dog3 what directory are you looking at for the global.calib file? In 10.13.3 when I make changes and "go back" in the UI it changes the file.. 

9 minutes ago, SCKING said:

@dog3 what directory are you looking at for the global.calib file? In 10.13.3 when I make changes and "go back" in the UI it changes the file.. 

I'm looking at '~/Library/Preferences/ww2olcfml/global.calib'. Changes are made if I modify the control curves under the 'Map>Controllers' tab but not if I use the 'Settings' calibration panel.

Seems for 'Settings' it modifies the ~/Library/Preferences/com.corneredrats.wwiiol.plist file for calibration.. global.calib just seems to hold modifications of Joystick/Mouse Sensitivity.

ok, thanks. I didn't even know that there was  a ...wwiiol.plist. So I think that my 'control curves' must have been messed up over time some how and when I recreated them manually that fixed the problem and 'calibration' was  not an issue. I'm good to go now. Thanks for looking it to this.

S!

1 person likes this