sgthenning

The New Road map You have got to be joking on #7

62 posts in this topic


You know I am going to vent here because I have watched and been part of this game for 16 years longer that most of the current rats. But it has and always been Bias towards the Allied side and it is getting old. Allies seem to always get top tier equipment before Axis ever do and when we do get our equipment its been totally nerfed or doesn't work. The last top tier item that Axis got was the tiger and you guys nerfed it. You gave the Allies the US forces they already had the French and British but their supply comes out of 2 different pools with 2 different sets of Factories. You finally give Axis the Itallians but they don't get their own factories or their own supply pool. they come out of our German supply pool. They get all these new tank variants and Axis gets crap Italian inf with a smg and another rifle woop de do.  We should have had the Ju88 years ago the me262 the king tiger the Jag tiger and several other weapons that we should have had already before the Allies had anything comparable. Apparently you never studied History Because Axis had better equipment than the allies Had for the first 3 years of the war. But what really upsets me is #7 in your road map you may as well kiss this game good by if they are allowed to be changing ownerships of towns whenever they want. I cant even believe this is being considered.

 

This will be achieved by:

  1. Enabling garrison supply across the frontlines, and one town to its rear.
  2. Enabling the continuation of move-able flags that are supplemental (not the standard).
  3. Refactor how players spawn in to simplify the user interface.
  4. Make the movement of garrison supply based on automatic conditions according to map outcomes.
  5. There will always be a frontline with garrison supply, regardless of how the lines are presented on the map.
  6. There will always be a rear town with garrison supply behind and adjacent to the frontline town.
  7. Allied forces will be capable of changing ownership of their towns (US / FR / UK) via HC options commands 
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

Apparently you never studied History Because Axis had better equipment than the allies Had for the first 3 years of the war.

So you want CRS to make the game auto-Axis-win?

Doesn't seem like that would motivate anyone to play on the Allied side.

But, hey, CRS would be highly profitable with everyone playing German, right? 

***

Fortunately for CRS, the Axis didn't uniformly have superior equipment in the first three years.

The British had a pretty good bolt action rifle in 1940.

The French S tank was considered by a number of tank experts to be better than anything the Germans had in actual tank fighting, as at Hannut. Unfortunately for the French, the German tanks were superior at cross country and road mobility, mechanical reliability, command-and-control, and infantry support. 

Some critics think that the UC was superior in the APC role to the various slower German halftracks, because speed and low-ness equal survivability.

Both the British and the French had infantry HEAT RGs. The German infantry had nothing but ATRs and AT mines.

The French had a superior heavy mortar...not part of the game yet, though.

French paratroops had superior methods and equipment (they invented and practiced HALO jumps in the late 1930s), though no command understanding of how to use them.

None of that is to deny the superiority of other German weapons and their tactics and logistics. The point though is that CRS has some room to make a commercially viable game because the actual fighting wasn't entirely one-sided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

Allied forces will be capable of changing ownership of their towns (US / FR / UK) via HC options commands 

When Italians have enough things to be a standalone faction (which they will be)
Axis will also have that ability, they will NEED that ability.

Say some Italian paras drop to help an attack, and make the closing cap.
YAY you capped the town! But having it be italian might not help out logistics much, so you will need to be able to have some means
to change it.
I know it isn't a thing axis has had to deal with before, but they will.
Want an Italian squad to come help with a big op? You are going to need a means to give them some towns to work from
dont think they will be too inclined to drive from 17 towns away?

Though nothing says you can do it whenever you want, and flipping a town ownership wont help a crushed supply
i am pretty sure you will inherit the state of the garrison.

51 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

You finally give Axis the Itallians but they don't get their own factories or their own supply pool. they come out of our German supply pool.

They dont have enough units yet to be a full faction
And they dont have a home yet to put their factories in, their home is way way down south east on the map.
You would rather not have any of them at all and wait more like when the US finally made it in game?
Yea it would be cool if it was like all done already but...

The US has no factories either, they are a guest of france and suffer whatever fate befalls french factories
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are going to be restrictions/parameters in place, so to say the Allies can change town ownership "whenever they want" is inaccurate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#7 doesn't even seem unrealistic.

During Bulge, American units rapidly pulled out of a number of critical garrison/guard positions along the Meuse River to head forward as reinforcements. They were replaced by British divisions hurriedly moved from the north. All it took to arrange was some phone calls and rapid staff work.

During the primary German attack in 1940, 51st Division wasn't part of the BEF...it was deployed far to the south, attached to a French command. If the game were to model that, a British Brigade would have a French supply line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Understand that their capacity to change and implement features are still quite limited with new vehicles and only now did they managed to unlock the ability to add more brigades to each side, I believe the same must apply to new factories.

If you check every "new" vehicles they are based on an already created vehicle, that said there is no reason to not implement the Puma, the Ju 87 D3 with 3x 500kgs bombs or D5 with 2x 250kg and 1x 500kg and a 20mm cannon, same goes for the StuG III with it's top LMG in the short term.

CRS has been plugging the cons of allied equipment but nothing in the new line of Axis Toys does that for axis the IIIL kinda makes the not main tank be more effectively something allies already have but we still have sh%%ty ground support planes, the stug without an LMG is almost obsolete in this age of FMS and RPATs and lets not even mention the allied armored cars..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

funny you should say that henning, i thought I was the only one thinking the sides were biased... yes indeed we should get top tier equip, like mentioned above and then some, we need more AA defences. you know as well as I do the allied HC will put the US/UK forces at most towns because well...they get the tommy guns,spits, lee enfields and MUCH more. I have been getting fed up with this BS and for the longest time been contemplating about un-subbing, and this gives me another reason to un sub....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

that said there is no reason to not implement the Puma

just a minor nitpik
Puma has no existing base, so it has to be from scratch.
Puma isnt made from a 232, but an sdkfz 234 that we dont have yet.
Unfortunately that makes it take longer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

just a minor nitpik
Puma has no existing base, so it has to be from scratch.
Puma isnt made from a 232, but an sdkfz 234 that we dont have yet.
Unfortunately that makes it take longer

The 232 base could be use in the short term it's not like it would uglier than the crusader with the bofors.

Plus the low model detail of 232 makes it even harder to spot the differences.

Edited by pbveteran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

The 232 base could be use in the short term it's not like it would uglier than the crusader with the bofors.

Plus the low model detail of 232 makes it even harder to spot the differences.

233 way better choice since it could be had much earlier 

Siz6ame.jpg

And it’s s variant of an existing vehicle 

Edited by brady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

The 232 base could be use in the short term it's not like it would uglier than the crusader with the bofors.

lol aside from them actually making the ugly crusader you have a point
but i dont think the kwk 39 will fit in it?
SdKfz234-2_side_view.jpg

3 minutes ago, brady said:

233 way better choice since it could be had much earlier 

Kind of depends
Most those wanting to see the puma want to hunt some tanks with it, and the 233 wont fill that role for them
for the most part with the squatty little 75mm, open roof, and no turret.
Make great inf support though

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, blkhwk8 said:

Funny SgtHenning when you were allied HC you said the exact opposite. 

I will be playing Allied next map so don't think I wont have a list of stuff that's bugged on the allied side as well

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

When Italians have enough things to be a standalone faction (which they will be)
Axis will also have that ability, they will NEED that ability.

Say some Italian paras drop to help an attack, and make the closing cap.
YAY you capped the town! But having it be italian might not help out logistics much, so you will need to be able to have some means
to change it.
I know it isn't a thing axis has had to deal with before, but they will.
Want an Italian squad to come help with a big op? You are going to need a means to give them some towns to work from
dont think they will be too inclined to drive from 17 towns away?

Though nothing says you can do it whenever you want, and flipping a town ownership wont help a crushed supply
i am pretty sure you will inherit the state of the garrison.

They dont have enough units yet to be a full faction
And they dont have a home yet to put their factories in, their home is way way down south east on the map.
You would rather not have any of them at all and wait more like when the US finally made it in game?
Yea it would be cool if it was like all done already but...

The US has no factories either, they are a guest of france and suffer whatever fate befalls french factories
 

US Forces Get their supply 50% from French 50% from brits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jwilly said:

#7 doesn't even seem unrealistic.

During Bulge, American units rapidly pulled out of a number of critical garrison/guard positions along the Meuse River to head forward as reinforcements. They were replaced by British divisions hurriedly moved from the north. All it took to arrange was some phone calls and rapid staff work.

During the primary German attack in 1940, 51st Division wasn't part of the BEF...it was deployed far to the south, attached to a French command. If the game were to model that, a British Brigade would have a French supply line.

Well according to B2k in another post this is may of 1940 which isn't right either because Dunkirque fell in may of 40

6 minutes ago, brady said:

233 way better choice since it could be had much earlier 

Siz6ame.jpg

And it’s s variant of an existing vehicle 

cool looking main gun on that thing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

Well according to B2k in another post this is may of 1940 which isn't right either because Dunkirque fell in may of 40

Blitzkrieg.. The attack of France started May 10th, 1940.. Battle of Dunkirk started May 26th, 1940..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_1940

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

US Forces Get their supply 50% from French 50% from brits

ok, they still have 0 factories of their own which was my point.
Italians inevitably will though eventually as well as home territory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

Well according to B2k in another post this is may of 1940 which isn't right either because Dunkirque fell in may of 40

cool looking main gun on that thing

 

Same gun the IVD has

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
<control function="Flap control">
<keyabsolute value="0.00">
<key>numpad 0</key>
</keyabsolute>
<keyabsolute value="10.00" index="2">
<key>numpad 1</key>
</keyabsolute>
<keyabsolute value="20.00" index="4">
<key>numpad 2</key>
</keyabsolute>
<keyabsolute value="30.00" index="5">
<key>numpad 3</key>
</keyabsolute>
<keyabsolute value="40.00" index="7">
<key>numpad 4</key>
</keyabsolute>
<keyabsolute value="50.00" index="8">
<key>numpad 5</key>
</keyabsolute>
<keyabsolute value="60.00" index="9">
<key>numpad 6</key>
</keyabsolute>
<keyabsolute value="70.00" index="10">
<key>numpad 7</key>
</keyabsolute>
<keyabsolute value="80.00" index="11">
<key>numpad 8</key>
</keyabsolute>
<keyabsolute value="90.00" index="12">
<key>numpad 9</key>
</keyabsolute>
<keyabsolute value="100.00" index="13">
<key>numpad +</key>
</keyabsolute>
</control>

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, brady said:

Same gun the IVD has

In fact, historically they build 233s using guns removed from tanks. 

In a realistic-weapons-progression game, a gun upgrade for a tank family is a gating event for upgrades to lesser families. Militaries don't want to waste resources building less-than-state-of-the-art guns, and they also don't want second-hand guns to go to waste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

this may help you SCKING with the other problem we were discussing . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY1lVB_bHHM

Its known and I already have a ticket in to investigate what it would take to accomplish. Obviously we have a lot on our plate already but we are working hard on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sgthenning said:

I will be playing Allied next map so don't think I wont have a list of stuff that's bugged on the allied side as well

 

Awesome. I can't wait. Can you come over now? 

Edited by poker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sgthenning said:

But what really upsets me is #7 in your road map you may as well kiss this game good by if they are allowed to be changing ownerships of towns whenever they want. I cant even believe this is being considered. 

The bold will not happen. There will be restrictions. If you read the Q&A for 1.36, you'd know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.