sgthenning

The New Road map You have got to be joking on #7

62 posts in this topic

Personally, I see the Air War as an area in need of root and branch redevelopment

There needs to be a reason for bombers to fly long distances at high alt, a reason for interception fighters to try to knock the bombers out of the sky and a reason for fighters to then try and knock those interceptors out

This is such a goldmine to dip into, the reason for the air war has to be expanded, before just throwing new B17 or Ju88 air frames into this dysfunctional game we currently have

1 person likes this

46 minutes ago, Mosizlak said:

Yes, I blame the game for AWS. For weather. For the fishbowl nonsense. 

All the ex-pilots I talk to quote one (or more) of the reasons I stated.

What would you have instead of AWS? No AWS? Folks wandered around never finding the fight and quit because of it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Weather. Is it SUCH a hindrance for A2A? Nope. Does it make B&Z harder? Yes. Does it completely negate B&Z? No. 

"Fishbowl nonsense" - do expand if you will?

Your talking to a selection of ex-pilots doth not a proper exit poll make, nor do you collect EVERY reason for quitting, so you've a biased opinion here.

1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, bmbm said:

What would you have instead of AWS? No AWS? Folks wandered around never finding the fight and quit because of it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Weather. Is it SUCH a hindrance for A2A? Nope. Does it make B&Z harder? Yes. Does it completely negate B&Z? No. 

"Fishbowl nonsense" - do expand if you will?

Your talking to a selection of ex-pilots doth not a proper exit poll make, nor do you collect EVERY reason for quitting, so you've a biased opinion here.

No AWS. The air game was fine before it, it was thriving before it.

Weather is a hindrance to A2A. It's a hindrance to CAS. It's a hindrance to BnZ, not circle jerking lawn mowers. 

Really? You don't know what the fishbowl effect is? How long have you been flying?  I hardly fly and I have more air force kills than you on this one account LOL. 

I don't need a proper exit poll, just look at how many people are flying these days. It's 1/10th of what it was. If you think the air aspect of the game is healthy, you don't know what you're talking about. 

Edited by Mosizlak

rain sucks...

clouds at 2k, that's ok.

SPAA sucks...

AAA at efms's sucks

hence the minimum flying time.

I know what the fishbowl is and that it was clear from the beginning - but you also got the sharp cutoff, more pronounced the higher you got. It never bothered me either way but for me it looks better with haze. Certainly not a reason to quit. And I've been flying in WWIIOL since February 2000.
It's not about "healthy" or "unhealthy" - that's a strawman argument you're building here - people migrate for a wide range of reasons. 

You're not forced to use AWS if you don't like it, just shut it off. Oh, the other guy finds you - well, that's what you want eh? Do you remember factory bombing without AWS? The sudden factory outage with no way to protect against it? The long standing patrols with no action, and no way to know whether there'd be Heinkels or not? 

You can find a thousand reasons to quit the game. The ones you list are but a few of them, and there's no way to tell if they alone were the relevant ones.

3 minutes ago, bmbm said:

I know what the fishbowl is and that it was clear from the beginning - but you also got the sharp cutoff, more pronounced the higher you got. It never bothered me either way but for me it looks better with haze. Certainly not a reason to quit. And I've been flying in WWIIOL since February 2000.
It's not about "healthy" or "unhealthy" - that's a strawman argument you're building here - people migrate for a wide range of reasons. 

You're not forced to use AWS if you don't like it, just shut it off. Oh, the other guy finds you - well, that's what you want eh? Do you remember factory bombing without AWS? The sudden factory outage with no way to protect against it? The long standing patrols with no action, and no way to know whether there'd be Heinkels or not? 

You can find a thousand reasons to quit the game. The ones you list are but a few of them, and there's no way to tell if they alone were the relevant ones.

You...you...you...

Big deal, YOU don't mind. The masses do and it shows.  Cmon, tell me with a straight face the air game is better now than before all the things I listed? 

You can play devil's advocate til you are blue in your face but it doesn't change the fact that there are WAY less people flying now than before. 

The air game has changed very little IMO over the past 10 years. The changes are superficial. I used to have 30 pilots in 56th FG, now we're just one. None of them ever said anything about the things you mention as they quietly slipped into the shadows because of kids, work, wives, chapter 10s, studies, relocation, the allure of other games and what have you. 

If you have concrete ideas of how to improve the air war, do put them forward. Complaints are natural, suggestions are better, and contribution is golden.

1 person likes this

In my opinion, more people left because there was no roadmap for the future, and never anything new. Cracks me up now we have SPAAs in game people are saying it’s ruining the air war. I mostly fly bombers, so SPAAs are a giant problem to deal with. To me that’s an interesting change. A lot more RDP RAIDS ON BOTH SIDES has been happening this campaign which is nice to see.

there is a roadmap, and we are getting new stuff. Life ain’t perfect cause I want it all now, but it’s a helluva lot better than it was.

2 people like this

On 2/27/2018 at 9:56 PM, blkhwk8 said:

Funny SgtHenning when you were allied HC you said the exact opposite. 

Was he saying that AXIS GHC should be able to change ownership of towns from Axis to Allied via command line? If so, I second that idea. Brilliant!

6 hours ago, bogol said:

Was he saying that AXIS GHC should be able to change ownership of towns from Axis to Allied via command line? If so, I second that idea. Brilliant!

LoL I think you just invented .Surrender

34 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

LoL I think you just invented .Surrender

it used to be .gyrus S!

Looky what I wrote , not the 1st time I put this into the forum. It would be a nice compromise , for both sides that love the AWS and the ones that do not. By implementing it , it would give new targets , new strategy to the game .

Don't tell me Radar was not invented we all know not in the way I propose here but you want a solution so bend it a bit . I don't think any player will really be pissy about having to find 3 Trucks that are like Radio or early Radar stations especially if you can capture them or knock them out . 

Also it would encourage to find each others spots cause once the enemy goes blind you can have more fun and the other side has to look now, or fix it's installation to get it back online. It's such a easy remedy. But I'm sure someone will come in here and shoot it down .

1 person likes this