• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
XOOM

We are trying

58 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, chaoswzkd said:

@stankyus

Theoretically, in a vacuum, with all players of equal skill, mathematically, sure, removing the Tiger is good for tank balance.

First issue is that this is combined arms; are there effective counters to the Tiger in the form of ATG/AAA/Inf/Air? How effective are they? Are there effective counters to the S76 and M10? How effective are they? Etc.

Second issue is I can tell you right now that removing the Tiger will cause Axis to lose all faith in CRS. Keeping the Tiger and doing nothing might cause Allies to lose all faith in CRS but removing it won't. I get that you're more just going for conjecture to prove a point, but acting on it will break the playerbase without significant concessions elsewhere.

The best thing to do would be to hand the Axis something that was good at taking out the S76 without being as overpowered as the Tiger, and then reducing the Tiger's numbers.

Also, your armor argument is all about side armor, but front armor on every Axis tank, including the Tiger, is pennable. Even the StuG 3G; I even died a couple days ago from one shot from an S76 (or an S75, will have to check) when I was trying to line up on him, so I was just off-center which would actually increase my armor effectiveness. Not sure if any audits will need to be done about that, because it seems realistic given German boxcar designs. Meanwhile, there are a number of Allied tanks that are VERY difficult to pen from the front; likewise most likely due to historical armor design rather than model/munition data.

I would never advocate removal of the Tiger, it would be crazy to suggest it.  All I am pointing out is that no matter how you slice it the StugG/Tiger parity is simply overpowering and the numbers need adjusting. It is really not as complicated as you suggest. You brought up the side armor, I did not.. and ALL tanks frontal armor is penetrable. I'm not understanding your point.

You died to a S75, the S76 is not ingame.  The StugGs frontal armor is penetrable at 800m with the S75 or at least a spall kill, there are the small 50mm angled plates to the sides of the frontal armor that are pretty easy to target at 500m with the S75.. and they are also the reason why some StugGs die to 76mm hits at 1500m from time to time. You state that you where off angle, that will reduce the 50mm plates effectiveness because they are off angle making a hit there easier to penetrate. 

I looked back at what I said and can't find anything about side armor? Maybe I missed it; anyway, did not mean to bring up anything about side armor.

Copy on the 50mm angle plating. I'll have to take a look.

That's actually another thing that's difficult to determine: skill level between the sides. I've died frequently in front-to-front matchups no matter what tank I'm in, and I think a large part of that is skill. I'm advocating for better offline/training tools for practicing, which is most effective in determining damaging hits to tanks. We'll see if that goes anywhere.

19 minutes ago, zeller said:

The grass is always greener on the other side.  Everyone should not stick to their sides 100% of the time and experience both sides.  I am sure that they will probably find that they are getting killed around the same amount on the other side.  Stats are good and all, but we all know that people who think charging straight at the enemy is in the game or the camping of spawns that skew the numbers.  If everyone used the equipment properly, then I would guess that the stats would change a lot.

KD already puts the camping, poor tankers, being camped, and excellent tankers in aggregate. Its all wrapped up in that number. Since no 2 maps are exactly alike the average kd gives a more accurate picture of how they actually perform against their counterparts.  I think I have over 40k or close to it kills as an Axis player with just over 60k kills as an allied player. There is not a piece of equipment on the Axis side that I have not played with.  There are only TWO pieces of Axis equipment I have not played with during a live Map and that is the Shreck and the new Stuka.   

Every time i get killed in an S35 i always wonder why i have a hard time killing one when i play Axis?

Every time i play Axis i always wonder why i have a hard time killing an S35?

48 minutes ago, chaoswzkd said:

I looked back at what I said and can't find anything about side armor? Maybe I missed it; anyway, did not mean to bring up anything about side armor.

Copy on the 50mm angle plating. I'll have to take a look.

That's actually another thing that's difficult to determine: skill level between the sides. I've died frequently in front-to-front matchups no matter what tank I'm in, and I think a large part of that is skill. I'm advocating for better offline/training tools for practicing, which is most effective in determining damaging hits to tanks. We'll see if that goes anywhere.

I will grant you skill can skew the stats which is why I posted a general range of the KD. I would bet if you looked up the current stats they will be different than what I posted but they will be in the ball park - at least close enough. Wins and loses can also effect the stats.. but its hard to say which ones will have the better kd in the end. Some loses have seen actual kd rise and some they will fall. I really depends more on how the map was won - IE long dragged out maps vrs one side being seriously overpop with a quick map. I check the equipment stats at the end of each map and my kd for some of my personal favorites to see how I did in them. I have done that as far back as I can remember.  The point being is that the average of the maps or a range of the kd differences give a better picture.

EDIT: I'm sorry I took your paper armor comment and implied you meant to side armor where most Axis armor remains in 30mm mark with the exception of the Tiger.

3 hours ago, merlin51 said:

On democratic flag movements:

They wont be democratic really.
I will give you an extreme example
A side balancing squad that puts their members in where ever the game pop needs, even if the squad winds up facing off against each other.
No one will let them have a flag, guarantee it, they will get outvoted and shot down left and right on both sides
And all they are doing is trying to do their part to make sure sides are even and fair, but because people will decide to label them as spies or what not
they will never get to use a flag, period.

People will get outvoted constantly over petty BS and he who makes the most friends will have the most flags so to speak, and that is no way to do things.
Tick someone off in OT? well screw you my friends are outvoting you, no flags for you this week end etc.

? why would you think there is a player(s) dictating who gets a brigade that would be stupid and would add many exploits..

At every campaign start every premium subscriber can request a brigade(just one) the system works in a first request first serve basis, the system would then take one brigade from the pool and assign to that player, if that player was not active in 24h or so hours that brigade would go back to the pool.

Considering this request system what other negatives point can you find?

you said a democratic player voting system, the above is not that.

1 hour ago, pbveteran said:

if that player was not active in 24h or so hours that brigade would go back to the pool.

How does that work though if say you are in my squad, and you are of course using said BDE, and i cant log in for several days due to i dunno im sick or something, and you guys are playing and poof flag vanishes out from under you? or?

2 hours ago, Pittpete said:

Every time i get killed in an S35 i always wonder why i have a hard time killing one when i play Axis?

Every time i play Axis i always wonder why i have a hard time killing an S35?

'cuz you suck arse! 

lolz!

:D

Edited by Lob12

Keep up the good work CRS!

people seem to forget that without you all, this game would have been dead long ago.

but the mutual love for this game by player base and CRS and volunteer CRS has kept it goin - and will continue to keep it going! 

I think some some folks get upset because they are so passionate about this game 

Thank you CRS for all you guys do! Don’t let the nay sayers bring you down!

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Lob12 said:

'cuz you suck arse! 

lolz!

:D

I went to hit the like button but i forgot you were one of those guys now...LOL

1 person likes this

Oh no, too much reading here :/

For years I have expressed on this forum my frustration regarding the lack of vision and priority given to the teamplay and squad play. But this is because I see the potential of this never-else-where-seen concept and I feel passionate about that.

Others prefer to blame the glitches of some weapon modelisation because they are passionate about wwii and military. 

Blames about the graphics come from those who are passionate about living their virtual experience as strong as possible.

We are all passionated guys with different tastes. We all stick here because no one else dare to try it, not even close as MMO. 

The new team work for free (=volunteers) because the old team went bankrupt and these guys saved the game. They are truly listening to everyone’s expectations as their objective is not high profitability but a working proof of concept to be build on. And they proved they could achieve the unachievable since August 2016.

so instead of complaining, support the indiegogo campaign and let’s enjoy the continuity of WWIIol. 

S!

3 people like this

9 hours ago, merlin51 said:

you said a democratic player voting system, the above is not that.

How does that work though if say you are in my squad, and you are of course using said BDE, and i cant log in for several days due to i dunno im sick or something, and you guys are playing and poof flag vanishes out from under you? or?

Those pool units that had not been assign a player could be moved  by hc.. basically hc would play more of a supporting role and motivators. When you return to the game you could  request a new battalion and if one was available to command you would get it.

Just drove a truck for 30 mins to get a fms from other side of town. It crashed short before reaching target. Thankfully after 1 minute i got it up again, because it was a beddy, i set fms, AO is taken down, without any discussion, despite several fms in the works. 

Problem with the tiger is most noobs get within 1k of town and get assploded when I use it I try and stay 1.5k out of town (effective range) and spot and kill . I look for good elevation and line of sight. Most of your players seem to think its uber and drive right up to town and leave there side exposed for my 17lber to one shot your arse lol. You have to be smart with your equipment and use it the way it was meant to be used!!!

Malvoc out....

1 person likes this

Totally agree about using armor  as its designed.  However in the M10 situation they are pressed into being main battle tanks, simply because the shermans are so easily killed/wasted getting to good battle positions.  They die easily to just about anything because the vast majority of the time we are using them wrong.  They are ambush/cutters. The lack of reverse slopes and hills in the majority of the early campaign battles just make the stugs effectiveness amplified. 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, malvoc said:

Problem with the tiger is most noobs get within 1k of town and get assploded when I use it I try and stay 1.5k out of town (effective range) and spot and kill . I look for good elevation and line of sight. Most of your players seem to think its uber and drive right up to town and leave there side exposed for my 17lber to one shot your arse lol. You have to be smart with your equipment and use it the way it was meant to be used!!!

Malvoc out....

Well can't we use that argument with the A13 too? 

The only difference is couple the A13 with a Matilda , A13 backing up the Matilda and u have a pretty strong duo, cause in tier 0 the Axis have really nothing to kill the Matilda with besides the 88 which won't be able to get into position and the sapper won't get close either till the A13 is eliminated.  

On the flip side a lucky shot from distance might degun the Tiger and all its distance was for nothing .  I'm just throwing it out there cause the BEF side is always complaining about the A13 which is pretty much our tier0 spawnpool, Stug3b not included.

Now talking Stug3g, it's good in taking out any armor , the draw back it's the platform in itself , in good hands it's lethal as hell , but both engine bug that are/ were present in game make it a hard unit to use. The old engine bug of the engine not restarting kept a lot of Tankers out of it , cause once that bug hit the Stug was useless . And in my eyes the Stug is not for everyone, the high Rev engine bug we have now in game does the Stug or any ambush tank any favor,  but because the Stug is a primary ambush hunter it makes it hard , cause you are unaware that your Engine is at full idle but everybody else hears it and with no MG or a moveable turret easy pray for a sneaky sapper.

Overall I ain't leaving the game . CRS does great things . Now if they could only get around to modeling VISUAL dmg on AAA and ATG  . Or at least announce that it is on the to do list that would be great.

Edited by dre21
1 person likes this

I would like a ppo that lets me build a high wall overlooking the ab and also one that lets me block allied tanks from entering the ab. 

and a laser beam weapon.

3 hours ago, Sudden said:

I would like a ppo that lets me build a high wall overlooking the ab and also one that lets me block allied tanks from entering the ab. 

and a laser beam weapon.

Seems reasonable, though using 1940 batteries, you might find the laser ammo count a bit low?
Might have to bolt it to a steam tractor with a dynamo?

1 hour ago, genthc9 said:

Sounds like things are improving from reading this thread.

definitely on the upswing, still a ways to go, but slowly turning the ship.

2 people like this

in pubg i get like 5-8 sorties in 30min and it's a slow paced game, over the past year in ww2ol i had around 2-3 per hour

its suppose be a bit slow but you guys are soo scared of "cod" the game was dead...

use the eye thingy and see if instant 0s spawns bring big battles all over the place. AFAIK the battles limited to 1-2 spawns or not even developing is the main cause of the masses in game to loose interest

On 2/27/2018 at 8:37 PM, XOOM said:

We know that there is a great deal of impatience at times with the speed in which fixes and resolutions come into play. I wish I had better answers for you that produced more rapid results. We know that if you're Axis you feel the Allies have it better, and if you're Allied the Axis are being favored. We hear and see the same arguments on each side. This will always exist, and will continue to exist because of the competitive nature of this game for the duration of its life cycle.

Please know that CRS cares equally about both sides because you are OUR community as a whole. We do not wish one side to be better than the other. We have incredible debates internally in the name of balance and each side is protected and represented in all decision making. Your voices are listened to in game, on voice comms and in the forums, and even our e-mails / facebook areas.

The worst thing that you can do, is to pull the plug on your subscription and leave. It really doesn't solve anything to improve things here. 

The best thing that you can do, is stay the course and remember that we're all in this together. 

WWII Online has a real fighting chance to do some pretty big things yet. It will take more time and effort but we're getting it. 

I will do the best that I can. I will continue to invest incredible hours of my life into what we do here because it matters to me. I will have constructive discussion with you and make improvements where ever possible. I will not forget my time as a player and I will hold tight onto the passion that has propelled me this far by your grace and support.

I need YOU to stay the course with our team at CRS to get that done. We will be having a Rat Chat soon, announcement will be coming shortly.

WE CAN DO THIS - TOGETHER, and only together.

I sub'ed this game when it first released. Stayed with it for a long time.  Came back to see what changed and I am sorry I really haven't seen that much.  Today I threw a potato masher at a lorrie n m5 , didn't see any explosion and the lorrie and gun continued on down the river road for 1000 or so yards.  Needless to say i was thinking I missed it but it looked like a perfect throw in the road(time delay was figured into throw).  Took 7 shots with the k98 since it appeared the grenade didn't work.  Finally the truck despawns.  But I had NO idea if I had killed them or if it was other reason they despawned.  At this point I can't really say I am impressed on what I see.