malvoc

Shorter cap timers

Shorter cap timers   19 members have voted

1. 1. Who thinks cap timers should be 3 min max??

• 3 minute cap timers
    • 5 minute cap timers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 posts in this topic

The cap timers adjust for the number of people from 1 - 12 in the CP. They are also based on population OP/UP. They are meant to create teamwork and give the defenders a better chance of success. 

Yup dynamic cap timers are a excellent addition. I noticed that even with the Major Tiger imbalance the Axis only took 7 Allied towns in the past 24 hours.  Not 12-15 so that is an improvement.

Making the FPS game stale and boring to try and compensate for too much movement on the strategic layer is why the game population is so low.

Five-minute capture timers when the defender can spawn 10 meters next to the capture point, and the attacker has to walk/run (at least) 400m is insanity in terms of FPS design. Maybe if every depot was a little "alamo" that could be defended once occupied but not the vulnerable killboxes that pass for depots now.

2 hours ago, david01 said:

Making the FPS game stale and boring to try and compensate for too much movement on the strategic layer is why the game population is so low.

Which is why we're seeing enough game population for 3 AOs again. Super stale and boring. Got it.

1 person likes this

I think the latest modifications regarding cap timers and population balance improved the game pretty well. There will be always room for further improvemente, but we need to recognized the efforts from the developers from time to time, and they are indeed trying.

Just look at the map right now, we actually have a battle going on, not one side steam rolling like in the later three campaigns. Personally, I am much more fond of long lasting campaigns with big battles like the ones i've seen on the last days (regardless of the victorious side), rather then one week ones.

If you want to slow down the map movement, slow the flag move timers; not the capture timers.

Two hours frontline and one hour backline. (maybe 45 min)

1 hour ago, delems said:

slow the flag move timers

in the near term that would be ineffective though
when things do not revolve around flags any more

Ok let me say this Allies can not cap towns because of the way it is right now period all we can do is defend..Axis can not cap towns except in tz3 with the way it is right now. We don't have the numbers on allied side to get 10 people to even attack a town and like someone said axis spawn right next to depot . It is just impossible for allies and axis right now unless there is a very bad numbers advantage..

18 hours ago, chaoswzkd said:

Which is why we're seeing enough game population for 3 AOs again. Super stale and boring. Got it.

To be honest we are seeing 3 AO's is because of the WBS program............before that started we certainly did not.  

That being said...........I have no issues with the current system being that they are dynamic.  3 min static timers would only help the overpop side.

3 hours ago, malvoc said:

Ok let me say this Allies can not cap towns because of the way it is right now period all we can do is defend..Axis can not cap towns except in tz3 with the way it is right now. We don't have the numbers on allied side to get 10 people to even attack a town and like someone said axis spawn right next to depot . It is just impossible for allies and axis right now unless there is a very bad numbers advantage..

Raising the cap timers makes it easier for a lazy attacker to hold all their depots. It makes mole attacks on the underpop side far more effective. The only thing that it does to assist the defender is make that initial depot capture harder. But with harder initial captures the underpop team gets doomed to defense. Since prime time pops struggle to capture towns, longer capture timers might lower the overall numbers of town caps but they shift an even higher percentage of captures to the lowpop time, as no one is strong enough to capture a defended depot and you have to catch a defender off-guard.

CRS is just getting basic FPS behavior 180° wrong. Like with such long capture timers if you have five guys you are not going to "use teamwork", and put them all in a depot and hope you can hold out for several minutes against continually-spawning SMGs and LMGs. Any mission leader with a brain will get on chat and spread his people out to try to steal some undefended depots. With five-minute timers the payoff for stealing a depot is huge. The average attack rarely has the pop to max-out the timer anyway so a one-minute cap is not an option.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:02 AM, BLKHWK8 said:

The cap timers adjust for the number of people from 1 - 12 in the CP. They are also based on population OP/UP. They are meant to create teamwork and give the defenders a better chance of success. 

The new cap timers are because the allied winers complained about tz3 your own damn fault 

18 hours ago, delems said:

If you want to slow down the map movement, slow the flag move timers; not the capture timers.

Two hours frontline and one hour backline. (maybe 45 min)

Why the hell would you want to slow down the map. A stagnate map is boring as hell and will drive people away

29 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

Why the hell would you want to slow down the map. A stagnate map is boring as hell and will drive people away

Because 2 week maps aren't fun for anyone and have debilitating effects on morale??

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

A stagnate map is boring as hell and will drive people away

So is a map that moves so fast that some people dont even get in one mission before a campaign is over, or that people dont get to play in fun areas of the map
because by the time they came home from work the map rolled 20 towns past where they last saw it.

Too fast is no fun either for most people.

39 minutes ago, sgthenning said:

The new cap timers are because the allied winers complained about tz3 your own damn fault 

They are dynamic cap timers that have no side bias, just population bias. Its a good thing for both sides when they are underpopped.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, stankyus said:

They are dynamic cap timers that have no side bias, just population bias. Its a good thing for both sides when they are underpopped.

Precisely. Time zone 3 has been a long standing issue that veterans on both sides have been screaming about for years, pending which way the victory pendulum was swinging. Our goal was not to directly slow down the campaign, but yes making it population based accordingly. Having the numbers is still very advantageous, but for the first time in awhile, the defending forces have a fighting chance. 

This coupled with 1.36 and increased supply availability will be great.

I have been suggesting capture time for the population for years.

is the most viable for the game

Very well CRS!

I hope to return when I have a decent connection..

S!

Edited by kareca

hahah henning not so long ago you were allied and whined about tz3 to or have you forgotten......

Getting at most 2:30 cut off from your depot capture time is nothing when the game has made it nearly impossible for the underpop team to successfully attack due to muh combined arms. The overpop team can spawn a few tanks and shut down whatever effort your truck and a few players try to get going.

Worse when considering that you will lose most of your timer advantage if you have too many players on defense, are using lower-ranked equipment or have inexperienced players spawned in. All of which affect the underpop team far more than the overpop team.

1 hour ago, malvoc said:

hahah henning not so long ago you were allied and whined about tz3 to or have you forgotten......

what's the matter malvoc am I killing you to much 

1 person likes this

*** Why the hell would you want to slow down the map.

It doesn't slow the 'map' down.

It slows how fast you can advance on a break out;  right now a breakout can move 6 towns in 6 hours;

With 2 hour move timers, it could move 3 towns in 6 hours....

Now, the fighting will be more though- because of the lower capture times.  So, there will be more fights on map, as CPs easier to capture.

But, even if a side 'rolls' a town, it can't push a break out as fast.

Remember when we had 30 sec timers?  Fighting was in EVERY AOd town (i.e. every AO/DO was contested). There was action everywhere (and it was a blast I thought), but if the flags moved slower - an op side still couldn't push too far; regardless of the action.

I'd go with 3 min capture time  (maybe even 2 min); but 2 hour frontline flag moves.  You want fighting and towns falling, but not pushing 6 towns quickly for a breakout.

If you want action LOWER capture times and RAISE flag move times.

Edited by delems