malvoc

Shorter cap timers

Shorter cap timers   19 members have voted

1. 1. Who thinks cap timers should be 3 min max??

• 3 minute cap timers
    • 5 minute cap timers

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, delems said:

If you want action LOWER capture times and RAISE flag move times.

Except if Flags are going bye bye, that wont do anything for long

1 hour ago, delems said:

If you want action LOWER capture times and RAISE flag move times.

Or lower depot timers but make it 20 or 30 minutes until the bunker went hot instead of 10. That would actually give an underpopped defender far more time than they have now to respond and organize a defense before a bunker went hot, and resist mole attacks in large towns easier. The FPS game isn't the priority though. Apparently people think that a safe and uneventful HC shift is what increases player numbers.

I think the current map is going quite well so far (for both sides).  There has been a little movement both East and West.  No rollovers.

I wouldn’t change anything more right now.  There has already been some new cap timer changes introduced this campaign.   Lets see how the current camplaign plays out.  

I got a feelingi this campaign will be a long hard fought campaign

Edited by krazydog

27 minutes ago, david01 said:

20 or 30 minutes until the bunker went hot instead of 10

It's 10min after contestation, not counting the delay from AO to Depot tables.
So you already have that lead time now

36 minutes ago, david01 said:

Or lower depot timers but make it 20 or 30 minutes until the bunker went hot instead of 10.

I'd rather have bunker timers increased......This way plenty of action with out the gamey sneaky bunker cap....

I can’t think of a timer that shouldn’t be effected by the population  and its effect on side balance.

The population in this game determines Many things. So should the timers on what I have called the big three for many years, Capture, movement and resuply. Eventually spreading to every dam timer in the game each taking a slice of the pie so to speak. They must be dynamic and slide up and down as the population increases and decreases with the ability to adjust on the fly as does the population difference between the sides. 

Ez-

LOL more like I kill your attacks all the time =)

I don't mind getting killed as long as we hold are towns

I just hate the fact anytime we try and attack I cant even get 3 people in 1 flag capping much less 10-12

And most attacks we never even cap a flag before HC switches to another town lol

Happy hunting and please keep spawning them tigers guys I get a really good feeling when I assplode your asses in them!!!!

Malvoc out...

19 hours ago, merlin51 said:

It's 10min after contestation, not counting the delay from AO to Depot tables.
So you already have that lead time now

What are you talking about? Right now the defender has 10 minutes to recap before the bunkers go hot. That’s 10 minutes before you have to post guards in every AB in a big town like Brussels which is very draining. You make the depots cap in 1 minute and the bunkers go hot after 20 or 30 minutes, and suddenly you have vastly different gameplay and tactics despite the overall fastest possible town capture still taking a similar amount of time.

The long capture timers killed paratrooper missions, they killed hotdrops, they killed underpop attacks, they made CQB even more important for infantry than it used to be. They don’t encourage grouping-up they do the opposite. Even if people think that stalling map movement will increase player activity then they should be looking be looking for ways to do it without absolutely kneecapping the FPS balance and experience.

2 hours ago, david01 said:

What are you talking about? Right now the defender has 10 minutes to recap before the bunkers go hot.

Defender has more than 10 minutes, the Depots have to go hot 1st, then one has to get contested, then bunker timer begins.
Stop depot caps and bunker never even goes hot.

Telling ya. Move flag timers to 2 hours frontline and 1 hour backline. Then make captures 1 minute.

You'll have heated battles all over the map, but no big cut offs as one can only snake 3 towns in 6 hours. Best of both worlds.

1 person likes this