• Announcements

• BLKHWK8

Squad vs Squad Battle for Notre Dame Postponed   08/03/2018

The event for this weekend will be postponed... We have not been able to get a solid commitment to run the event. I will be posting a poll to select a better date and time. Poll:    Welcome back our Squad vs Squad events. Please check out the forum post here   
pbveteran

Improving the tank game with min dev resources (quality of life)

22 posts in this topic

There are a few things mostly removal of "features" that would do much to improve the tank game and prevent the frustration from this so called "features", I strongly believe these solutions I mention here would make the tank much game better and less frustrating.

- Remove Damage States from Tracks - A shell that can't detrack a tank can still damage it enough to make the tank limp from one side to another at min engine rev, this is just annoying for the tanker, whoever damaged it will get no kill or any form of compensation and the game offers no opportunity to recover from this, from a gameplay point of view and as it is implemented this makes no sense.

- Disable Degunning from the game - Currently even if you are properly angle and the enemy has no way to penetrate you, they can still degun you, this is particularly frustrating because it removes much from proper tank tactics like flanking, long range engagements on superior terrain, if also feels gimmick almost cheating with the cherry on top that there is no visual feedback or warning, sometimes you might proceed underfire just to realize minutes later when you have an enemy tank in your sights that you have no gun. Considering you can now spawn ATGs from FMS and smoke rounds are ingame disabling degunning will not unbalance tank engagements.

(Disable this gimmick until you can repair, you receive feedback from losing and the damage model is more clear about what deguns or not)

- Reduce random dispersion - after shooting and properly waiting for the tank to absorb the recoil, shots should land near exactly where the first shot hit, I talking about 1m dispersion at most over 1.2km ranges or simply around 90% less of what currently happens.

- Truck Crew Resupply - the dev team should explore the practicability of reviving dead crew members and then add this capability to trucks, for example one truck would revive one crew member from a vehicle, if you wanted to revive another it would required a new truck to spawn and drive to that tank. This would add many opportunities for teamwork, making sorties longer and battles more seemingly.

- Removal of sticky keys from dedicated Tank Commander - Sticky Keys can be helpful ingame especially when you are trying to out turn a sapper, or when using a tank with a slow gun transverse and need to rotate or drive your tank.. But when it comes to the commander there is very few to no value and what ends happening is accidentally sticking the commander on continuous 360º when switching crew members, this is frustrating and has given be many deaths all these years.

- Option to disable/enable sticky keys from each vehicle split between driver/gunner - Some players might not enjoy sticky keys at all and for new players it might come across as something that is buggy, an option to disable vehicle by vehicle, crew position by crew position, on the key-mapper would be both welcome by veterans and new players.

###EDIT###

Btw how to add a poll to a thread?

Edited by pbveteran

Truck crew ressuply is a neat idea. 

For the other proposals I’m not fan as tracking and degunning are interesting features. They could simply overhaul the conditions or be allowed to be fixed.

Dispersion effect should imho stick to irl values so I can’t judge. 

What I would add :

- driving tank from commander position (Ctrl+direction)

- repairing tracks and guns with engineer OR add a .repair command allowing tank crew to repair one/two/three times their damaged state (tracks and guns) within a 3 minutes timer.

In order:

Remove Track Damage States: You're saying tracks have at least 3 states, Undamaged, Damaged, and Detracked, and you're proposin to get rid of the middle "Damaged" state? I'm trying to remember a time when I had only damaged tracks and wasn't detracked. If true, I think there should be some reward to getting a kind of partial mobility kill on a tank, even if that reward is just making the tank vulnerable to friendly forces or frustrate the tank player into despawning.

Disable Degun: I'm partially in this boat, but only because, and this may be observational bias, the degunning mechanic is not equally applied to all guns. The first and only times I've ever seen it happen was when I was driving a Tiger. I honestly thought it was a bug because I'd never seen it before despite how often I played in 232s, StuGs, and Pz models, not to mention ATG and AAA. My personal recommendation is to audit it and then either fix it or remove it until it can be fixed if the fix will take a long time (if a fix needs to be made at all).

Random dispersion: No comment. I don't know enough about how ballistics are modelled I'm the game to know if this is a general thing, if it's modelled based on historical accuracy, if it's modeled at all, or if it's instead the fault of the player. Also, I believe that the sights don't re-center on the exact same place they were at before firing, even given infinite time after firing. If that's what you're talking about, I again don't know enough to comment.

Crew Resupply: This is a fantastic idea, although it is a bit of an issue with how the game tracks equipment kills and scores. Unless we change the way stats work at a fundamental level, if you ever suffer a crew loss that would result in losing that equipment, even for an RTB, no amount of crew resupply will be able to change that. Also, no players hitting your tank will be able to score another kill against you. There are some things that need to be done to fix this so players still get points even if they won't receive a kill credit, and you'd get full points on an RTB even if you cycle through all of your crew (which should work currently, but would need to check).

Going a step further, in place of a type of medic role (which is unrealistic in the kind of timeframe we care about unless we're only dealing with flesh wounds), it'd be really cool to fake RTB/Respawn at a truck with injured/wounded infantry. The game would record your session up to that point as if you RTB'd (with supply loss if necessary) and then count as a new session going forward (using supply if available, if not then disable this feature unless the infantry isn't hurt enough to warrant a loss of supply). This would simulate trucks delivering fresh troops to the battle.

Disable last command "sticking" for tank commander: I approve, although I'm not sure how much of a pain coding in an exclusion would be.

Change last command "sticking" in the keymapper: Same as above.

Gotta say I'm with rotsechs on this one. The problems your claiming mean the enemy tanker/atg/sapper is doing their job. I will tell you right now as an allied tanker I get de-gunned quite often, specifically when driving heavier tanks such as the Matty, S-35 and the M4A3. You see a big tank like a Tiger or a StugIII or one of the ones I mentioned. You do your best to get it out of the fight, mobility kills and de-gunning allow for smaller tanks to fight back while they push the flank. Random dispersion isn't that random if you pay attention to the slope and type of terrain you're on. These are big guns firing before the use of gyro-stabilizers, be patient, compensate for the ground and out-aim your enemy. As far as repair or crew replenishment, not sure how that could work out, but possibly an FMS feature would work, and even then that would be dependent on the type of damage. 

1 hour ago, rotsechs said:

As a tanker, I don't agree with any of it.

Agreed.

Track damage is a actual fact - what we don't have is detracting yourself from violent changes in direction at high speed. I don't want that. As someone is has driven the Churchills which are basically two massive tracks and getting tracked in one happens almost every time I drive it if I'm not out right destroyed is common place and it sucks. But I never want a time where you could not track it.  Tracking hard to kill tanks like the Tiger or stugG that is moving is a tactic I use to get them to spin out for a flank shot.

Degunning - also a fact. What we have is Zero fidelity in how the tank is degunned. All that can go wrong with being hit in the mantle are wrapped up into one kind of degunning.  We don't have jammed mantles.. or destroyed optics.. Jammed turrets etc.. all of it is rolled into the gun not working.  Not all hits destroy the barrel, however some hits on the mantle in RL will disable the gun.  SO what we need is fidelity, not getting rid of it. Until then, I never want to get rid of degunning.

Replacement crew - IN RL a dead crewman forced the tank to RTB.  We have that function now, you have to RTB and get new crew with the exception of the Driver or gunner.  However again, what happened to the tank during the penetration or spall that killed the crew? Did it destroy the breach or damage the drivers controls too?  The only way to actually determine how to replace the dead would again be a much more detailed damage model with a huge amount of fidelity to make that determination.

I could go for using the commanders position to drive the vehicle.. not sure how you separate being able to look around with the commander.. mb mouse look using the arrow keys to swivel. Hard to take your hands off the keyboard and use the mouse and JS at the same time. MB some hotkeys that change the function of the JS.. like Q,W,E.  Q drive, W commander swivel, E turret swivel from the commanders position.

18 hours ago, pbveteran said:

- Remove Damage States from Tracks -

Losing tracks is a fact of life.
Another fact is you dont generally get out and fix them in an active combat zone.
You will be outside a long time, and a soft target the entire time.
A method of recovery would be nice for when the area is no longer fatally hostile, but not needed enough to warrant removing tracking.

Tracking might be the only thing available to troops trying to prevent the tank from pressing in.
They wont score a kill for it but they can force you to MIA, they should not be punished for that.

- Disable Degunning from the game -

You can make it harder without removing it

- Reduce random dispersion
Have to talk to scotsman but i think the dispersion rate is historically correct (or at least will be when all his audits are in)
Removing it for random reasons is bad

- Truck Crew Resupply
if your crew is dead, your tank has been penetrated and damaged as well as having had the crew killed
you can not just go shove new bodies in it, no one runs up and defibs the infantry you just shot, he is done kill scored and he is taken out.

- Removal of sticky keys from dedicated Tank Commander
Let off control before switching positions?
I guess that is what you are talking about, hold key switch position, original position still holds key?
Dont know if you can remove it from the tank commander because it is not a thing that is specifically given to any crew position
is simply how they work, if you are giving a control input and move to another position in anything, the input to the position you left will continue.
It's an accidental feature i think. removing it though would be worse than some guy forgetting to let off the button because i think it would remove it from everything.
Throttles would cease throttling when you left the driver/pilots position and so forth.
Not good to hop to the bomber position and your HE-111 falls out of the sky because the throttle went to 0 and the controls would not hold.

3 hours ago, rotsechs said:

That adds nothing to the discussion.. Why not? Please don't think just about yourself but on the game and the gameplay these features provide or don't.. for the entire player base from the receiver to the one that provokes it.

For example:

- Track Damage State

Think in the worst possible occurrence like:

- A tank drives to a town for 20minutes, AI ATG behind a bush shoots at him he doesn't see but eventually manages to blow the AI ATG only to find his tank is limping, due to the approximation 3rd View he didn't even see the projectiles hit his tank, can the tanker bypass this track damage like repairing or asking for tow, can he retreat to base, can he attack? This tanker is really having bad gameplay  and he is not having fun, he can barely move and already spent 20 minutes of his time to get to a contest zone to engage other players, can he still move to support his team mates or retreat?(No or extremely slowly) but did this at least provided good gameplay to the enemy in this case the answer is also no.. does this promote teamwork or the generation of more content unlikely.

- Now on the best possible situation an enemy player because it has a small caliber gun decides to shoot the tracks of a tank, he doesn't detrack him but damages the tracks, was he reward for this? Did he receive any visual feedback for achieving this? the answer is both no. Was he able to disable or stop that tank... yes and no the tank can still move and it can still kill.

- Can this perceive as a bug or a feature? (yes I myself thought this for years due to the lack of any feedback and reward)

- How likely is this to happen? Rare it mostly happens with AI ATG and 25mm-40mm ATG guns at long ranges.

(This absolutely fails in every aspect of what is consider good gameplay or a good feature(please prove me wrong)... IF both players received feedback of it, the opponent receive a reward and there was an option to repair, for example it required for a truck to drive to that tank to repair it, you would now have 2 players(more targets for the enemy/Content Generation) friendly players could go support that tank repair, this would generate great gameplay for everyone..

BTW It seriously never happen to you in a tank or gun , in the heat of battle when using your commander then switching to the gunner, you set your commander in a continuous 360º and then you go back to your commander only to find him rotating and had to stop and require the direction???..

If you read what I wrote I'm not against degunning or damage tracks, I'm against how it's implement no feedback or a way to defend or solve this issue is available, this is difference between realism and good gameplay, just go play Warthunder to understand what is good gameplay and how they implement damage tracks or degunning, do take in account those are small maps and matches are meant to be faster.

@chaoswzkd

1 - Yes its rare it mostly happens with AI ATG because these have lower damage values for shells but you might get this also from 2qdr or 25mm atg at longer ranges like 400-500m mostly lucky/random shots, due to lack of feedback and how rare this happens, makes no sense to have ingame it's just there to annoy and it cant be bypass if you could repair and there was feedback for both parties I would be ok with it.

2 - As I said I want a temporary removal until you can repair it and you get visual or at least chat feedback also I want a clear audit what deguns it? Like what angle does the round bounce and does not damage the gun..

3 - This a cheap feature the way its implemented meaning random dispersion values are put on the trajectory of round mostly noticeable at longer ranges. Makes very difficult to adjust your gun/sight because you always have that unknown random dispersion that you can't account for so you never really now exactly where you are aiming makes it hard to properly position the gun. I basically want just gun reposition (Warthunder does it right I can effectively know if I overshooting or undershooting. If it was real life if a gun is aiming at X location and the propeller, the air conditions etc.. were the same the round would hit exactly were you are aiming, if this game would be real life in the same conditions the round would be going all over the place, infantry guns are the same the actual barrel position does no represent were you are actually aiming at. I think this random values were to somewhat model air density, variations in the propeller and to represent the how the accuracy of tank crew in battle fell compared to training.. In training think it was posted here before they were hitting and getting great groupings at over 1km.

4 - Agree but what should be consider a kill? a total material loss or a crew loss? In kursk despite many tanks being disable many were able to be secured and removed from battle especially by towing.

Edited by pbveteran

@merlin51

1 hour ago, stankyus said:

Track damage is a actual fact - what we don't have is detracting yourself from violent changes in direction at high speed. I don't want that. As someone is has driven the Churchills which are basically two massive tracks and getting tracked in one happens almost every time I drive it if I'm not out right destroyed is common place and it sucks. But I never want a time where you could not track it.  Tracking hard to kill tanks like the Tiger or stugG that is moving is a tactic I use to get them to spin out for a flank shot.

Degunning - also a fact. What we have is Zero fidelity in how the tank is degunned. All that can go wrong with being hit in the mantle are wrapped up into one kind of degunning.  We don't have jammed mantles.. or destroyed optics.. Jammed turrets etc.. all of it is rolled into the gun not working.  Not all hits destroy the barrel, however some hits on the mantle in RL will disable the gun.  SO what we need is fidelity, not getting rid of it. Until then, I never want to get rid of degunning.

Replacement crew - IN RL a dead crewman forced the tank to RTB.  We have that function now, you have to RTB and get new crew with the exception of the Driver or gunner.  However again, what happened to the tank during the penetration or spall that killed the crew? Did it destroy the breach or damage the drivers controls too?  The only way to actually determine how to replace the dead would again be a much more detailed damage model with a huge amount of fidelity to make that determination.

xD what I'm saying to be removed is so obscure you guys don't even know what is it, which only makes it a better candidate to have it removed.

There are 3 stages for tracks

- Operational

- Damaged - The tank limps to the side of the damage track and you can never go above first gear, this happens when the Limit Joules to achieve a full detrack is not reach but you get to like 80 or 90% of that limit. This is rare and SO ANNOYING when it happens!! (I want this removed)

- Fully Detracked - The tank is immobile (I want this to be kept ingame) you basically have visual feedback and the opponent has to risk a non lethal shot to achieve immobilization, I still don't like the fact that this can be very frustration to the tanker with no repair mechanic of any form..

Degunning

This my opinion has a tanker I would be ok with reducing degunning but I still think this would be frustrating without any form of a repair mechanic.  The long range duels that are just there to wait for one of the tanks to be degunned  is not that fun, skillful or engaging, disabling degunning until a repair mechanic is in place and focusing on tank flanking and superior terrain would add much more to tank game especially now with smoke rounds. And I'm pretty sure everyone that actually played with degun disable would have much more fun than the current.

Replacement crew

I would bet that in Russia the soviets probably replaced dead tank crewman in a few hours all to participated in the same battle, they had lack of material not manpower :) But this wouldn't be that unrealistic and would add much more gameplay and content generation. And for future if you could in the same sortie choose new targets without despawning this feature would be necessary and realistic. Tank crews had casualties and there were constantly new rookies replacing those dead crewman.. The plot of Fury is even based on this.

The Sticky keys seems like a solution that could be easily implement and how I mention wouldn't impact players who don't want it, there is no reason to be against it.

33 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

BTW It seriously never happen to you in a tank or gun

Oh yes, it has happened lots.
have trim dial turned from flying earlier and find turret creeping backwards, or gun pointed at ground

36 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

In kursk despite many tanks being disable many were able to be secured and removed from battle especially by towing.

Yes, they did.
And they were pulled back for repair etc before returning to battle, which in an abstract manner, ours are even if we do nothing.
We can return a totally destroyed one faster than they could repair a recovered one.
Recovery for a 15min return time would be nice, but not nice enough to remove ways to lose the unit just because we dont have recovery.

Imagine you are out in the field with a pak 36, only gun available to you.
Shermans come rolling in, 600m
You are the only thing out there to do anything about it, supply is low in town.
You know you cant kill them, but if you can stop them you have still saved town.
60 rounds into the tracks later the damned things go rolling right on into town and camp the bunker
You could not stop them because i turned off the ability to do so

How close is your finger to the unsub button?

40 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

what should be consider a kill?

Anything that renders you combat ineffective really, and single tracking gives no kill to the shooter, but at least he knows he has stopped you
and possibly caused you to lose that tank for an hour.

43 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

This a cheap feature the way its implemented meaning random dispersion values are put on the trajectory of round mostly noticeable at longer ranges.

They are not random, but you would need scotsman to explain it to you, im no ballistics guy at all, most of the math is beyond me.
I'd also say you have to wait until all his ammo work is in game before you hold any judgement there one way or the other because it is going to change.

1 hour ago, pbveteran said:

- Damaged - The tank limps to the side of the damage track and you can never go above first gear, this happens when the Limit Joules to achieve a full detrack is not reach but you get to like 80 or 90% of that limit. This is rare and SO ANNOYING when it happens!! (I want this removed)

That sounds like being single tracked. depending on terrain and tank chassis design, you can push the tank around a bit.
I have limped enough to save my hide before.
I dont think there is an actual interim detrack state itself?

There are other parts that can break too though, transmission can be broken.
Not sure on the drive lines individually, but maybe?

See vid when i shot through the right hand side of the tranny/drive line, something bad was hurt, but was not the track itself.

55 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

Yes, they did.
And they were pulled back for repair etc before returning to battle, which in an abstract manner, ours are even if we do nothing.
We can return a totally destroyed one faster than they could repair a recovered one.
Recovery for a 15min return time would be nice, but not nice enough to remove ways to lose the unit just because we dont have recovery.

Imagine you are out in the field with a pak 36, only gun available to you.
Shermans come rolling in, 600m
You are the only thing out there to do anything about it, supply is low in town.
You know you cant kill them, but if you can stop them you have still saved town.
60 rounds into the tracks later the damned things go rolling right on into town and camp the bunker
You could not stop them because i turned off the ability to do so

First you can kill it and would be better to hide and shoot on the rear side than exposing your position.

But not taking that in consideration the only repair I would support ingame is truck based, for once it won't be stealth cuz of audio, it's easy to kill by everyone...

And I would still want a high repair timer like 5mins.. so in that case if you cant hear and kill the approaching truck and not in the following 5 mins, that would be a good representation that you don't own that zone and it can be safely repaired.

Why would someone unsub when inferior equipment isn't able to hold against superior equipment and numbers, in real life that would only delay and have a very small impact on the battle so expecting that tank to not rejoin the battle in a battlefield you don't control is the unrealistic thing... Also take in consideration that all other tank online games have a solo self repair function, so not having a repair function is the unexpected thing and would be a bigger reason not to subscribe.

Edited by pbveteran

In the history of the game, just about every request to remove the ability of a weak unit to cause non-kill damage to a strong unit has been a non-starter.

Such requests go right to the original core design of gameplay: you don't have to be running the most powerful game unit to be useful, even in battle with the other side's most powerful units.

It's totally understandable that players would like their powerful units to be less able to be damaged. That's been a frequent request since Day One. 

Doing so however would gut the game's commercial design, which necessarily includes lots of weak units and necessarily must strive to provide gameplay fun to the majority of players that use such units, not just to the minority that are rolling the topmost equipment.

Edited by jwilly

32 minutes ago, jwilly said:

In the history of the game, just about every request to remove the ability of a weak unit to cause non-kill damage to a strong unit has been a non-starter.

Such requests go right to the original core design of gameplay: you don't have to be running the most powerful game unit to be useful, even in battle with the other side's most powerful units.

It's totally understandable that players would like their powerful units to be less able to be damaged. That's been a frequent request since Day One. 

Doing so however would gut the game's commercial design, which necessarily includes lots of weak units and necessarily must strive to provide gameplay fun to the majority of players that use such units, not just to the minority that are rolling the topmost equipment.

That isn't the case just look at scout cars.

But that couldn't never be called commercial design because it's not commercial, in a commercial design everything is done in the favor of the consumer, you are confusing with game design.

And I don't know but.... maybe a good way to prove that design was wrong would be having the game go bankrupt, lose the entire dev team, be continuously losing players and have a relaunch that wasn't able to retain many players??

I'm pretty sure if the damage state from tracks was remove no one would notice, it's rare has no visual feedback and only affects and frustrates the receiver..

5 hours ago, pbveteran said:

Why would someone unsub when inferior equipment isn't able to hold against superior equipment and numbers

No, they would unsub because you nerfed them and made them unable to stop the thing because you made the tracks immortal, because you felt annoyed that someone stopped you, and seem to think they should have to try to chase the thing down and get close enough to shoot it someplace else when they should have been able to knock the tracks off in the 1st place.
Ever chase things with an ATG? doesnt go so well.
You're simply asking remove something that annoys you because you got track/drivetrain/suspension damage and to heck with everyone else.

And i am quite aware of what WT does, i can repair tracks and the engine, and the turret and buy new crew members and swap them into the tank all while you are shooting the crap out of me the entire time.
I am pretty sure the 1st time someone has to kill a unit to destroy its drive train 6 times before it finally dies here, the forum will explode with a lynch mob

6 hours ago, merlin51 said:

No, they would unsub because you nerfed them and made them unable to stop the thing because you made the tracks immortal, because you felt annoyed that someone stopped you, and seem to think they should have to try to chase the thing down and get close enough to shoot it someplace else when they should have been able to knock the tracks off in the 1st place.

? Wut do you understand what Im requesting to be removed?

Tracks won't be immortal you will be able to detrack as you can.. It's simple you shoot a track if it didn't achieve the required energy to detrack it doesn't, if it did it detrack the tank. The interim limping track was something that was told to me by DOC when I question if the this limping from one side was a bug.

Btw AFAIK there is no transmission or drive train damage in this game..

Edited by pbveteran

4 hours ago, pbveteran said:

Wut do you understand what Im requesting to be removed?

Yea, i do
When you are limping around like that, you are tracked

4 hours ago, pbveteran said:

Btw AFAIK there is no transmission or drive train damage in this game..

??
maybe just watch the video
You can see the tranny/drive train shot out of it, tracks are intact.

or dont watch it

7 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Yea, i do
When you are limping around like that, you are tracked

??
maybe just watch the video
You can see the tranny/drive train shot out of it, tracks are intact.

or dont watch it

On 3/12/2018 at 4:57 PM, rotsechs said:

I agree

On 3/16/2018 at 0:57 PM, Ce said:

I agree

I doubt you are a tanker and are against enable/disable Sticky keys between vehicles and crew positions, that's a purely positive feature to every side and unit quality of life.

Same goes for damage tracks, if it was removed from the game you wouldn't even notice it... the only time you notice and are reward is when you de track a tank.

Edited by pbveteran

32 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

I doubt you are a tanker and are against enable/disable Sticky keys between vehicles and crew positions, that's a purely positive feature to every side and unit quality of life.

There are no "Sticky Keys" to toggle on or off
Any unit in game, upon switching positions (or death of that position) continues the last given input, if it is a repeating input.
It is a global thing, part of the game controls function.
So you can remove it, which removes it for everyone and all units, or you can keep it.

Everyone has done it (left a commander or turret spinning in the wind), i dont think anyone has consistently done it enough that it's some kind of problem.
You can't possibly be doing it that much?

37 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

Same goes for damage tracks, if it was removed from the game you wouldn't even notice it

I am pretty sure that any time a player came across an enemy tank that they knew they could not kill outright, but hoped they could at least stop if from making it to town would notice really fast that they could not even track the thing

Oh look, there is a Matilda, and i am a PZIIIf or PAK 36, darn i can not kill it, Say! Just Maybe...
...I can stop it from ever making it to the attack!

Tiger moving in on our guys, and all i have is this R35, but hey, i have lots of HE round and i am close enough
maybe i can stop it before it gets in firing range and then hide before it finds me

Oh wait thats right, someone removed it from game so i cant even try to do jack but watch it roll on by.

Yea does not sound like much fun.
Lots of tanks were taken out of the fight in WWII just by stopping them from moving.
Hell most anti tank mines were mostly only capable of detracking (not all obviously)

47 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

the only time you notice and are reward is when you de track a tank.

You notice and get rewarded when you see that the enemy tank isnt making it to the attack.
Maybe that feels like no reward for you, but for others it is.

@merlin51

First you are replying just for the sake of replying..

1 - Are you a programmer? everything can be implemented it is only a matter of resources and time. I have had bugs that work exactly like this you didn't flush the input and you were always turning. I haven't seen the code of this game but everything I know makes me believe this is easy. The fact that you can already set convergences and different keys to individual units makes this even more likely that the cost of implementing is small.

2 - This is a game most people can't dedicate hours and hours to a game, the few times or a day I can, I want to feel that time spent there was well spent. Give me a option to repair and I'm ok with. I already posted before repair tracks were done in active battlefields.. it was a bad and dangerous idea but it could and was done.. But you should leave that decision to the player.

If he chooses to call a truck to repair his tank, that truck might be taken out or even attract more enemies to his position but if a truck can make it to the player and repair it that means the enemy doesn't pose a threat to him on that zone of the battlefield a.k.a safe area.

3 - Then why do we have points at all? You are just being hypocritical ...

Why don't I ask for a repair mechanic or for towing to tanks, it's because this has been asked many times I understand the position and the limited resources CRS has... so all of these seem easy to implement and would have positive effects that would make it worth their cost.

It's better to have a less frustrating tank game now, than have to wait for years for a badly needed mechanic playing with the same frustration, you are just exposing more players to negatives aspects of the game.

Edited by pbveteran