Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
imded

Spawning and showing up at the wrong place.

23 posts in this topic

You get a call that the CP is under attack !!!!!!!!!

1. You RTB
  2. You hit 'ENTER WORLD' button.
  3. OH CRAP you show up at the FMS and you are trying to get back to the DEPOT/CP
  4. You RTB and you are really in a hurry now. Time is pressuring you.
  5. You hit 'ENTER WORLD' button.
  6. Because you are in a very big hurry :  OH CRAP you show up at the FMS and you are trying to get back to the DEPOT/CP
  7. Now you are about to go bonkers. You carefully work you way back and spawn in at the DEPOT.
  8. and you may have got back in time and the CP is still yours.

TO understand this. You have a major amount of URGENCY happening.

Here is what I would like to see, a box that has in it 2 check boxes.

• Check box title : 'Mission Origin'
  • Check box title : 'FMS'

This would make life so much easier and it would be simple to check what is needed.  Many times I try to spawn in and forget the 'swear word' FMS box has a check mark in it.

Again it is you are in a HURRY. You squad calls out for help or .........!

3 people like this

Got a better one.
You ARE the ML, so you knjw that you do NOT have an FMS on your mission.

Except someone goes and places one

Now imagine your surprise on spawn

UI work is planned to make a lot of aspects of it easier
i think this might be one of the things on the address this list
I dont think any of us have not done this once or twice or a dozen times

I'd be happy if the damn fms check box remembered your setting!

5 people like this

It should actually give you an option box

*spawn at FMS

*spawn at CP

I rather make the check mark then having to RTB and respawn with SD in effect this can be a real game changer especially if you want to help in a 911 scenario at a spawnable, AB or FB .

Also a remember *my check mark* would be good , so you don't always have to recheck mark at every spawn in till you change your preference.

Edited by dre21
2 people like this

Hope CRS is got this on the list.

I did it several times today and it really frustrates you to no end.

This is the worst with spawn delay. 

I was ML for an attack where we had a spawn CP.  I was guarding the FB but had an FMS near the spawn CP. We were on a 20+ second spawn delay and I heard a truck coming to the FB. I move towards it and get despawned for bad connection. I quickly respawn (well, 20+ seconds) to realize I hadn't unchecked the mobile spawn. [censored]! I despawn and uncheck the FMS. Wait the 20 seconds and was warped to the spawn CP. LOL! I had to cancel my mission and create a defensive one at the FB to spawn back to defend. 

I like the option of explicitly stating where you want to spawn. Remembering the last selection would be a big improvement. I'd also add the warp CP to the list when available. That would make warping a lot easier to describe to greens as well.

21 hours ago, noritow said:

This is the worst with spawn delay. 

I was ML for an attack where we had a spawn CP.  I was guarding the FB but had an FMS near the spawn CP. We were on a 20+ second spawn delay and I heard a truck coming to the FB. I move towards it and get despawned for bad connection. I quickly respawn (well, 20+ seconds) to realize I hadn't unchecked the mobile spawn. [censored]! I despawn and uncheck the FMS. Wait the 20 seconds and was warped to the spawn CP. LOL! I had to cancel my mission and create a defensive one at the FB to spawn back to defend. 

I like the option of explicitly stating where you want to spawn. Remembering the last selection would be a big improvement. I'd also add the warp CP to the list when available. That would make warping a lot easier to describe to greens as well.

You didn't have to make a new mission. Just re-pick what you want spawned in and make sure the box is unchecked.

On 3/26/2018 at 8:44 AM, imded said:

You didn't have to make a new mission. Just re-pick what you want spawned in and make sure the box is unchecked.

I tried that. Once I spawned at the MS I couldn't spawn back at the FB unless I ran far enough away from the CP to not warp. 

5 hours ago, noritow said:

I tried that. Once I spawned at the MS I couldn't spawn back at the FB unless I ran far enough away from the CP to not warp. 

What you do in that case where you despawn at depot because FMS is so close, click back to units screen and release your unit, just click any other unit type, then click on the type you actually want, You will now NOT spawn at the depot, then make sure to uncheck FMS spawn option.

Yes extra clicks, but saves you from having to mess with making a new mission if you dont want to.

21 hours ago, merlin51 said:

What you do in that case where you despawn at depot because FMS is so close, click back to units screen and release your unit, just click any other unit type, then click on the type you actually want, You will now NOT spawn at the depot, then make sure to uncheck FMS spawn option.

Yes extra clicks, but saves you from having to mess with making a new mission if you dont want to.

Ahh, got it.  At least with the FMS you have a checkbox. This is voodoo. Back to the original suggestion: I'd make it a drop down because there are more than 2 options in some cases. 

• CP Name (origin)
  • FMS
  • CP Name (warp)

A big thing is to remember the choice between spawns so you automatically have the last spawn selected (if available). Or make remembering the last spawn a preference you can set. 

Is this going to change at all?

It is extremely annoying.

1 person likes this

We're flat out on more important things but I too really hope we can schedule this in very soon!

1 person likes this

When someone else has set up the FMS in your mission and you didn't realize that there is an FMS and you spawn in. OMG the frustration.

CRS fix the damn thing.

CRS thanks for addressing this issue and coming up with a solution.

HOOAH

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0