Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Di11on

Technical questions about forced despawn

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

So I've been playing the game relatively trouble free since 2005. This forced despawn issue has impacted me only a few times, but my God it is very frustrating and I feel it's fundamentally wrong. For example, you spend 30 minutes flanking around town and then just get despawned?

Do we have more information about how this works technically that would at least help me feel better about it? For example:

- Are there basic checks for once-off lag issues. It would be unfair if this kicks in just because someone in the house decided to open a youtube video, or for doing something else that causes a temporary lag on the network. I presume you wouldn't be despawned for a once off issue and there has to be some repeat or pattern to trigger it... and if so, perhaps this can be tuned down.

- Are there checks for the materiality of the lag? For example, if my connection lags and I'm 30 miles from anyone, who cares? 

- Are there specific situations in which this check is performed. I.e. I can understand if the server is trying to send you a "you're dead" message and it isn't received, then it's totally fair that you get force-despawned.

- Are the checks different depending on the vehicle? I.e. if you are an inf, you probably spent less time getting to where you are than if you are in a boat or a tank, and the chances are lag has less of an impact on you because you can't maneuver as quickly

Any addition information would be appreciated that would reassure me that getting force despawned from a game I pay to pay and have paid to play continuously for 13 years, is necessary!

Edited by Di11on

From my understanding,

The disconnect is when the connection to or from the servers starts missing x amount of packets. What was happening before would cause invisible ei, unkillable ei, and other anamolies. 

While the user affected would not see a difference in this as the desync of packets on the server would not show up to the person with packet loss. 

For example I had this happen to me where my tow account desynced but my main did not. I could no longer see my truck and the map.icon showed the old location. However I built a supply crate and poof it appeared from nowhere. It was very wierd. This was under old system and no longer happens 

Now many things can cause this as was posted in link above by frisbone. Some of this could be network congestion by some intermediary not CRS or your ISP. My suggestion is utilize the tools available to you thru the support team by submitting a support ticket per the link above.

Both times i've been autodespawned, my daughter was on friggin house party. It's a bandwith hogging app.

I've said it several times.
WW2 now requires exclusive connection.

1 connection for ww2 and one for your family.

S!

My connection was for the family....

lol

I stopped playing...

Edited by kareca

18 minutes ago, kareca said:

I've said it several times.
WW2 now requires exclusive connection.

1 connection for ww2 and one for your family.

S!

My connection was for the family....

lol

I stopped playing...

Did you ever submit a support ticket? We have solved several issues working with you. It just a click away.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0