52 posts in this topic

Tell me what you think:

• Like it?
    • Yes?
    • No?
  • How is it affecting game play?
    • Tactical level
    • Strategic level

yes I like it, because I realise it’s a stepping stone to having the HE audit  implemented 

tactically it’s made it harder  to take one, assuming it’s defended

its fun

strategically – I’m undecided, a number of variables have been adjusted to   affect   a slowing of the map, This may well contrubute to that

having said that I wouldn’t change it back, the only solution would be the different bunkers, the old school ones, but they would likely have the same effect 

Edited by brady

I loved the old bunkers and radio captures. Made for exciting capping. 

Only capped bunker once and i kinda liked it

With having the windows blocked you cant defend yourself while capping by killing infantry running from the barracks, so you would need guards in the other rooms to stop them to get to your cap room.

You need dedicated guards and cappers.

And you cant spam He to stop cappers

Edited by Hinfoos

That’s when RGs came in use. My favorite bunker was Kalm bunker. That’s when 101st were deadly because they would drop 20-30 paras right at the bunker door and storm in and you couldn’t stop it but with that said you’d also find 40 axis MG34 in all the hallways trying to mow you down- bastages  lol

Edited by Ce

The fact that you RATS are actively trying new things and experimenting with different aspects of game play is fantastic.  Keep it up.  

Anything that adds a deeper level to the game is welcome

3 people like this

Nope, no reason to change the existing building unless you are going to replace the entire thing.   

Wasted time. 

10 minutes ago, moe5000 said:

Nope, no reason to change the existing building unless you are going to replace the entire thing.   

Wasted time. 

Add a few bits to existing building to play test a change vrs add a whole new object and hope it works out. 

Now if it works out then new buildings can be better planned out.

I think what was done is the better more budget savvy approach. 

6 hours ago, moe5000 said:

Wasted time. 

Totally disagree.  Modifying current building and objects to create better gameplay is a great way get changes implemented quickly.  

Next should be a high sandbag wall PPO and implement 'overlapping' (colliding) sandbag walls.  Place those around a bunker with the new radio room setup and you have something that is really defendable.  

I also think with the soon-to-be-implemented HE model there needs to be a way for troops to get to the bunker without being totally exposed across the ab.  Need some sandbag 'berms' around the edge of the ab to provide more cover to avoid overly easy camping.  Another solution would be to create limited spawning directly into the first floor of the bunker:  make it like a cp only with less troops.  Say 15 rifles, 5 smg, 2 lmg and 2 rifle grenadiers.

Edited by GrAnit
1 person likes this

Our timeline to implementation was not very long and required zero programmer resources on this particular subject, fyi.

14 hours ago, XOOM said:

Tell me what you think:

• Like it?
    • Yes?
    • No?
  • How is it affecting game play?
    • Tactical level
    • Strategic level

Like it , I'm undecided, my opinion a few LMG can really lock the place down now ,cause the defender always has to go up and to the left . My opinion 2 LMG in radio room and 1 one the other side of the room and that AB is as good as capped. 

I would like to see the radios in random rooms , with covered or not covered Windows , Downstairs no windows , added rooms to the AB , ( I know basement is not possible ) but if it ever  be a few level underground . 

I think the random rooms would make it more interesting and add new strategy. 

Team play is definitely needed now if 1 or 2 LMG are in the radio room . So from that standpoint it's a good thing.

I would like to see more Variety of AB bunkers / radio buildings , with random locations of said captureable radios to spice things up.

I think it is AWESOME!!!!

and the double height sand bag wall would be very helpful, especially at the FMS

WRT sandbag walls,  I think they should be destroyable by direct hits with aircraft bombs.  This would be fairly realistic and reasonable gameplay.  It would be awesome to have a ‘destroyed state’ of a sandbag wall that would be a pile of scattered sandags one or two tall.  It would add to realism and provide some additional infantry cover/firing positions.  That would take additional rat work, though.

33 minutes ago, gretnine said:

As long as the windows are shut off, the change seems fine. 

It encourages ninja caps. You can, if you're half way decent, hold that single room.  

I thought the whole point of the new bunkers was that you were supposed to have support in capping it. Now, you can't fire HE in, no grenades, nothing. 

A smart player can cap that alone now, no worries of grenades. 

Works similar to the old way of the bunkers.. Lots of smoke, grenades and lots of deaths

46 minutes ago, moe5000 said:

It encourages ninja caps. You can, if you're half way decent, hold that single room.  

I thought the whole point of the new bunkers was that you were supposed to have support in capping it. Now, you can't fire HE in, no grenades, nothing. 

wrong on so many levels.....

I'm undecided and I still haven't trying capping just clearing it.

But the hole point of the bunker changes was to promote getting inside the bunker, promote content and share the reward more players inside the faster it is.. This kinda feels like a set backwards.

What was point or what was CRS trying to achieve with this change?

Edited by pbveteran

It is similar to the old way bunkers at least you can shoot now without resetting the timer, I like it.  Just wish the radios would switch rooms after each time its contested and cleared to give a more random factor instead of just turn left

In my opinion, Yes. 

Bunker should be the hardest to cap and if defended requires essentially a clearing of the building to initiate a cap vs. clearing the entry room and waiting for defenders to come to the entry room. 

Same thing once the bunker is cleared and cap started. The defenders have to clear the bunker then the cap room if the attackers are defending. 

I think it provides more ZOC type play for the bunker area requiring more tact and strategy. Also think it reduces ninja type caps as the single capper cannot simply control the entryway while capping.

Allows both defenders and capper to mass up in a controlled room to go after the cap room.   

Think it could be also changed so that the vehicle spawn does not open up to the bunker entry in all towns so defending units have to risk coming out in the open to cover the door like attacking units do and be subjected to the more risk.  

1 hour ago, pbveteran said:

What was point or what was CRS trying to achieve with this change?

The fighting that was available back when to capture the bunker you had to fight your way in and through the bunker to the capture table.
There was only so much you could do by spraying MG and HE and Grenades into them from the outside, then you had to storm them and fight to capture, or hold it.

4 hours ago, moe5000 said:

You have not looked at them too well then?

You can fire HE in except directly into the capture room, which would be really poor gameplay.
New HE soon as it is in might take you out of the lower table room from a wall hit through the front door, if you are in LOS of the detonation.
And grenades still bounce and roll

If you are in there solo, you've no special advantage, you can not cover the stairs and watch the front door, and watch the windows, and hold the cap area all at the same time, so a smoke at the top of the stairwell and your blind in your alamo, now the attacker just has to charge the stairs, hook right, pull grenades and chuck them over into your room and rush in to sweep up anything left of you, Or if you are better at aiming them than me, you can deflect them obliquely off the wall as you come up the stairs.

Better bring a few friends and a defense plan.

On the other hand, you wont roll in solo and cap it out from under the defender by just laying on the floor downstairs
without ever engaging the defender.

Love em, had to help clear the bunk once so far.. 4 ei almost took it. Battle royal, after they killed 10 or so ppl.. or more, we stacked on the stair case tossed some smoke and nades. Soon as they went off six of us ran in blazing with a few a second or so later the guys behind us finished off the last two ei. Those Italian smgs sound awesome. They had it to 80%.  Not quite the old style bunker, but reminiscent. Much better action.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, moe5000 said:

And so what? 

If the windows are open, no one will survive inside that room before the supply runs out. One HE from a tank cleans that room. Same with Bofors. 

1 person likes this

Question : do players in other rooms still earn capture points and bonus kill points ?