XOOM

52 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, bmbm said:

Unlikely unless they’re in the radio room.

That would be a huge mistake, to take the points away unless they are in the radio room.

Just like taking the points away from the guys that tow , that was one of the biggest mistakes CRS did in that department,  that took the whole incentive away from Team play . 

So keep points when in Bunker radio room or not and bring back points for towing. Best way for newer players to gain rank ,learn the game , watch an attack unfold , or how a defence is set up . 

My 1st few ranks were gained by towing others and sticking with them .

2 people like this

The shared points were dependent on being on the capture collider face. We can’t have both, points and a smaller cap area. I agree it sucks, but it’s either or. The guys cutting the bunker don’t get to share points either fwiw, just kill scores. If you share duties in the cap room you get guard points, and in the other rooms you get kill points so it’s not all bad.

Nice Changes!

I have been able to bounce grenades (smoke and explosive) from the other room in the top floor and kill the capper.    They have to hold the stairway also for any real chance of capping IMHO!l  I wait for the day when the various bunkers used over the years are all integrated into the geography so that attackers must identify and adjust tactics depending upon the style of bunker that they encounter in each town!  Woot!

2 people like this

9 hours ago, gretnine said:

And so what? 

If the windows are open, no one will survive inside that room before the supply runs out. One HE from a tank cleans that room. Same with Bofors. 

Windows in cap room are closed, other windows are open
You can clear out most defenders with HE possibly, but you are going to have to make the final assault with infantry

8 minutes ago, coastal said:

Nice Changes!

I have been able to bounce grenades (smoke and explosive) from the other room in the top floor and kill the capper.    They have to hold the stairway also for any real chance of capping IMHO!l  I wait for the day when the various bunkers used over the years are all integrated into the geography so that attackers must identify and adjust tactics depending upon the style of bunker that they encounter in each town!  Woot!

Hey Coastal! Good to see you buddy. Like seeing the older guys still around.

Bar was plain and simply put, a bunker rushing god. He would love seeing this again

9 hours ago, Ce said:

Hey Coastal! Good to see you buddy. Like seeing the older guys still around.

Bar was plain and simply put, a bunker rushing god. He would love seeing this again

Bar is here ...just been playing Axis 

20 hours ago, Zebbeee said:

Question : do players in other rooms still earn capture points and bonus kill points ?

As Bmbm said, I'm pretty certain that is not the case. Not sure I would want it to be.

5 minutes ago, actonman said:

Thirdly no one wants to sit in a blocked out room staring at a pile of boxes for hours to defend a radio room.

Somehow i dont think that is any different than sitting anyplace in the bunker for hours.

7 minutes ago, actonman said:

i went on holiday for a week and map has hardly moved at all

Well thats a good thing, was getting old with campaign starting on a sunday and before i'd even get back into town from work it would be over, and then it would be intermission, and Delems hates intermission.

9 minutes ago, actonman said:

Foruthly it will make towns Cities like Antwerp Brussels Arnhem Liege uncapturable.

Its the bunker, they didnt put a wall up around the city.
You do realise the game originally had the capture in only 1 area of the bunker and you had to fight your way into it and there would be hundreds of dead bodies on the floor and strung down the hall ways.
And guess what?

Antwerp got capped.

A lot
And Brussels, And Liege, etc

28 minutes ago, maqan said:

game finallly realistic. will take 5 years for campaign to end

At east nobody will complain that we never reach T3 that way. Oh wait...

22 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Windows in cap room are closed, other windows are open

Yes, i know.. I was defending that they stay closed. 

Edited by gretnine

3 hours ago, actonman said:

Typical of this stupidity is Rochefort battle been going for 5 hours now we have all cps but not the bunker or the one in the AB - we have capped bunker once but cant get it now becuase of this idiocy and a CP in the AB --- tralalala we just keep this up for another 8 hours hey.

Battle has become more complex. That's a good thing imo. Once we get squads back to good sizes (or in game comms) the coordination to take the bunker you mention will be there. Non organized play just got a little harder.

Bunker defense in the old bunkers was awesome...Glad the change was made.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, gretnine said:

Yes, i know.. I was defending that they stay closed. 

My appologies, i misread then. :) 

On 3/16/2018 at 9:16 PM, OHM said:

Bar is here ...just been playing Axis 

Oh sweet! I’ll get him allied so we can multi crew a tank. Bar and I pwnd multi crewing 

Can't say it's made a huge difference when I'm online, but then I didn't mind any of the previous versions either.

I personally would love to see the bunker only "capturable" when all links in town are owned by the attacking side (rather than the existing 10-minute rule). This would help underpop issues, allow more fighting (and less staring at walls), and finally drive some alamo-style fighting at the death. Not sure how easy this would be to implement @XOOM ?

Progression from this rule might then be stop infantry spawn camping in AB's, but that's probably harder. 

6 hours ago, poker said:

I personally would love to see the bunker only "capturable" when all links in town are owned by the attacking side (rather than the existing 10-minute rule)

I wouldn't mind this either...This was the way it used to be wasn't it?

I would also like to see any depot captured become spawnable by the attackers also or captures would be almost non existent...

requiring every depot captured and held before can even touch AB would probably assure that
an underpop side during a low pop time can not capture anything

I'm very against requiring every cp to be owned before AB can be capped for the reason outlined in this post:

1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

requiring every depot captured and held before can even touch AB would probably assure that
an underpop side during a low pop time can not capture anything

Well there is underpop and then there us underpop.  High player numbers overall still can mean one side is underpop. Its the low pop underpop where I think what you said is true... but TBH being a low pop underpop player I cannot remember the last time we have ever capped a town I that time.

So you don't get the wrong picture as I agree that requiring all cps being capped prior to an AB cap is not the way to go.  It absolutely would slow the map down but it would also make some battles futile.  Any town with 2 or more ABs literally would destroy any attackers ability to incrementally push the defenders out.. and I would suspect cities like Liege, Antwerp, Brussels would be treated as cities to be cut, not attack.  The other problem would be the reverse of trying to keep one cp hot to keep the AB timer running.. it would be trying to keep all the cps in your hands to actually cap the AB - nearly an impossibility in those towns.  A very small amount of players in Antwerp for instance could prevent the towns capture while a vast amount of attackers would struggle to finish it off.  I know that mb a year or more ago, the Axis had capped all the ABs in Antwerp, booted our brigs out but 5 of us running around town kept the city contested for about an hour and a half before they beat us to the punch.

22 minutes ago, stankyus said:

I know that mb a year or more ago, the Axis had capped all the ABs in Antwerp, booted our brigs out but 5 of us running around town kept the city contested for about an hour and a half before they beat us to the punch.

I can fix that  :) 

Only way I see requiring all CPs to be captured might work, is if once they were all captured, bunker would cap with extremely fast time and there would be no 10 min warning.  Soon as last CP was captured, the bunker would be immediately hot and captured in say 30 seconds.

Basically all the fight would be acquiring the town, and the bunker(s) more of a formality.

Also, how would the reverse of this work?  Say I capture every CP and 1 AB; but not the other.... then defender caps a CP back.. do they have to capture every CP back to recapture the attackers bunker?