• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Ce

For the new generation

31 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, bmw2 said:

Windhund + others had a solid panzer column last night on Tienen. Was it this big - nope. Just as cool and fun - yep. It's all about perspective. WWIIOnline may not be at be as big as it was, and maybe not as fun for some if us older players. However, theres still plenty of fun to be had and the experience will only get better with time. 

Windhund had a few new players roll with us last night and they had a blast. Perspective. 

It’s all about how you organize and rally up the players. You can change a map with 5 to 500 player organized ops or AOs. Again, players don’t ask for much and mostly just want to be lead and have fun doing it. You make this game about work or a cluster f*** and you’ll lose your pbase fast

Edited by Ce

There are glimpses of glory still. Yesterday we had 56 infantry on one bunker fru in amdenne. I was so turned on 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, bar said:

There are glimpses of glory still. Yesterday we had 56 infantry on one bunker fru in amdenne. I was so turned on 

Lmao I bet you were. I bet you set that FRU too?

We won't ever see this again.  I was a pre day 1 player, and for all its faults the original WW2OL was a brilliant game.

Purely IMHO, the death of WW2OL came in a number of stages:

1.  Introduction of mobile spawns .... prior to that, to get to a town you needed teamwork ... you'd pile into an opel or bedford with your teammates and get dropped off.  You KNEW the players on that truck ... chances were, you played with them every night.  You chatted, you laughed .... in some ways WW2OL back then was not just a game ... it was the original social network long before Facebook or Twitter was ever thought of.

2.  Failure to address long standing physics issues ..... planes flying inverted faster than upright?  Don't fix the physics..... just put another 'kludge' in that kills engines after a certain period of time.  Planes flying faster with wings and half wings missing?  Dpn't fix the physics.... just put yet another kludge in.

3.  Bowing to HC pressure.  Remember the Breakfast Club?  I played in TZ3 and the forum screaming was deafening.  So CRS decided to come up with a way to penalise sides that had large congregations of players.

Congratulations ...... it worked.

On 3/24/2018 at 8:08 PM, khamsin said:

1.  Introduction of mobile spawns .... prior to that, to get to a town you needed teamwork ... you'd pile into an opel or bedford with your teammates and get dropped off.  You KNEW the players on that truck ... chances were, you played with them every night.  You chatted, you laughed .... in some ways WW2OL back then was not just a game ... it was the original social network long before Facebook or Twitter was ever thought of

I couldn’t agree more. That was a huge thing for me with this game. I made a ton of friends and some I hang out with on the regular. We were able to look past a lot of flaws because of this. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing a WWII reunion. Not a welcome back soldier but a dedicated weekend. Get everyone back and just kill it all weekend. 

I hear ya 110% brother. I think a part of me wants to give it one more shot and see how it goes but I also agree with what your saying. I had a dream about you, dinker and Jsilec the other night. It was pure hotness

Edited by Ce