major0noob

still not enough FMS's

54 posts in this topic

only played twice since WBS, but both times there were only 2-4 FMS's in game with new AO/DO's never developing due to trucks getting killed and FMS's getting camped.

if ya'll want more subs make the game fun with more spawns, good luck

What we need is inf-FRUS back, with rifle supply only, co-living with current FMS. 

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, erasmo said:

What we need is inf-FRUS back, with rifle supply only, co-living with current FMS. 

I like, but I don't like. How about instead we let trucks set multiple FMS's

2 people like this

played for 3 hours today, there were enemies so it was better than last year, but nothing happened.

battles quickly bogged down to 1 FMS with no new FMS's being built after the initial setup. there were plenty of attempts, all but the extreme range FMS's failed

While i agree more FMS' being set is important for game play, your stats show you havn't spawned 1 opel this campaign...

Perhaps thats part of the problem?

Players just dont want to do these things...

So what's the solution?

2 people like this

18 hours ago, erasmo said:

Game play was worse in this regard, stealth mode deployments and no direct contact. They're not coming back.

13 hours ago, sixpence said:

I like, but I don't like. How about instead we let trucks set multiple FMS's

It's tied to the mission, and a user cannot be spawned on more than a single mission, so that's not possible.

On 3/16/2018 at 7:46 PM, major0noob said:

only played twice since WBS, but both times there were only 2-4 FMS's in game with new AO/DO's never developing due to trucks getting killed and FMS's getting camped.

if ya'll want more subs make the game fun with more spawns, good luck

Every player that spawns has the ability to deploy player placed objects to provide defensive positions. How many of them are not doing that to keep them un-camped / healthy?

Pointing to the problem and not being part of the solution isn't helpful. How can we make this better?

The only FMS you can truly count on is the one you set up yourself.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, XOOM said:

Pointing to the problem and not being part of the solution isn't helpful. How can we make this better?

Lowering truck audio, comparable to the panny. Been the most popular idea for years now.

Make them build instantly. Other games do this without catastrophic gamebreaking effects... In fact its nice to have a battle last longer than a spawn.

FRU with depot level supply, minus sappers and RPATS. You can probably tie it to FMS distance, opposite of "too close to enemy structure" similar to "too far from objective".

Tieing it to FMS's would eliminate stealth-only gameplay. Letting ML's make them would encourage a bit of squad gameplay

Bushes or camo netting concealing the rear or entire structure.

3 hours ago, Pittpete said:

While i agree more FMS' being set is important for game play, your stats show you havn't spawned 1 opel this campaign...

Perhaps thats part of the problem?

Players just dont want to do these things...

So what's the solution?

Eh, i had one of the top activity FMS's last evening. Besides this isn't a new problem, the issue has been in game for awhile now.

Players do try, there's been too much failure for too long though.

They're right to give up, its stupid easy to defend; it's gotten to the point where defenders can kill battles without loosing a cp for hours.

Allied view of the above, Ei and Pz come to FMS, ATG kill Pz frontally, atritt works

Axis view, Ei and Tank come to FMS, Axis can not kill ET frontally, FMS overrun.

A fundamental problem/unbalance, is the ATGs abillity to destroy ETs coming for the FMS.

If its historically coorect does not matter, it is very different defending a FMS from ETs depending Axis or Allied.

14 hours ago, XOOM said:

Game play was worse in this regard, stealth mode deployments and no direct contact. They're not coming back.

It's tied to the mission, and a user cannot be spawned on more than a single mission, so that's not possible.

Ok, let's try again. What stops fms's from being set up? Enemy knowing you are there. Reduce inf ews so trucks can set up without ews being triggered. How about this Xoom, could you modify the truck to set up two or three FMS's at once. Instead of seeing one green FMS in front of the truck, three would be spread out in front of you? Just throwing ideas out there

8 minutes ago, Hardlead said:

Allied view of the above, Ei and Pz come to FMS, ATG kill Pz frontally, atritt works

That depends on whose FM
Right now the FM's have all been US, who since they do not have their little M3 pop gun use the french 25mm pop gun.
It isnt terribly devastating frontally except VS a PZII or 38T.

A brit FMS on the other hand, yes, it is a bit of a different situation as they have a 2pdr, simply because its the only gun they used.
They have no smaller alternative, probably have 2pdrs in their toilets.
And those do hurt more armor units and at longer range 

1 hour ago, sixpence said:

could you modify the truck to set up two or three FMS's at once.

I think what you mean is could you set (1) FMS that consisted of 3 ground objects, each having a spawn point?
You may be able to, but the downside is it would probably severely limit placement because you'd have 3 points in 3d space that yelled about too steep, object in way etc, that might prove terribly aggravating?
A lot of people do try to tuck their FMS into natural cover in the terrain, and that would become hard to do with a cluster object. 

EWS on trucks was lowered by the way, i think to 700m or so?

5 hours ago, Pittpete said:

Set up an FMS and let the enemy come to you and attrit them.

Thats not how AO's work... The defender has no need to go to the FMS, its the attacker that needs to move forward.

Besides, endless supply warping and resupply timers (even bombed t 100%) makes attrition pointless.

This isn't like flags and HC, we simply need more FMS's in game. The suggested solutions over the years are easy to implement and revert.

2 minutes ago, major0noob said:

Thats not how AO's work... The defender has no need to go to the FMS

Ah but they do, and they keep going to it.
Amazing what you can pick up guarding the FMS with a sniper rifle and a few spaced out atg bunkers in the bushes for elevation
and to run back and forth between cause a sniper sitting still is dead

UK Army Mar 11 01:01 - 01:18   Habay Habay-Arlon FB Attack UK Sniper 128 10 10 0 RTB 17
Sortie
Detail
Kills Captures FB Busts Units Hit
Mar 11 01:02 vicmorrow (DE ATS)
Mar 11 01:04 vicmorrow (DE ATS)
Mar 11 01:05 kazane (DE G41)
Mar 11 01:07 vicmorrow (DE ATS)
Mar 11 01:09 lobow (DE Semi-Auto)
Mar 11 01:09 dre21 (DE ATS)
Mar 11 01:12 lurked (DE Unknown)
Mar 11 01:13 ranxer (DE Semi-Auto)
Mar 11 01:15 lurked (DE Unknown)
Mar 11 01:16 snoboardrz (DE G41)

And then the inevitable happened, a tiger came to help, oh i heard it coming and so...

UK Army Mar 11 01:19 - 01:30   Habay Habay-Arlon FB Attack UK ATS 70 1 4 0 RTB 11
Sortie
Detail
Kills Captures FB Busts Units Hit
Mar 11 01:26 dre21 (Tiger)

Only took 5 shots to get it right LOL

I eventually got over run, but we danced more before i did

51 minutes ago, major0noob said:

Thats not how AO's work... The defender has no need to go to the FMS, its the attacker that needs to move forward.

Besides, endless supply warping and resupply timers (even bombed t 100%) makes attrition pointless.

This isn't like flags and HC, we simply need more FMS's in game. The suggested solutions over the years are easy to implement and revert.

Not totally true....Have a little patience.

Set the FMS and defend it while attriting the defenders. Usually when an FMS is marked the whole town charges out to camp it.

Then move forward and hope a new Brigade isnt rotated in....Thats the real problem that needs to be looked at.

If you guys believe the game can survive and keep a healthy population, Go make 1km+ spawns exclusively...

Do it, the campaign won't be won by attrition; it'll be decided by the side that looses less people from boredom.

Been the case since the FMS came in.

Bar said in another post

There are glimpses of glory still. Yesterday we had 56 infantry on one bunker fru in amdenne. I was so turned on

Just because you can't get a FRU set up and held, the game is going to die?

I don't want to have 1km+ spawns either but if you can't get close enough to town to set one, maybe it's not a good idea?

The old sneaky MS and flood the town doesn't promote teamwork but more of the run and gun, die, respawn gameplay.

I do agree that truck sounds should be lowered and don't understand why they haven't...

Getting in a setting one 1k-7m out is easy. It's controlling the flood gates that's hard. You can just simply not advertise your mission, but someone will still find it, spawn in and set off EWS before AO even gets dropped. This is why I think hiding missions or making them private would be nice - at least until your ready to unleash the horde. 

Last night I  had to defend a FMS at Eghezze for about 15min before the AO dropped becasue EWS was set off to early. Luckily HC was coordinating with other players and we had 3 other FMS in the works. 

22 hours ago, major0noob said:

The defender has no need to go to the FMS, its the attacker that needs to move forward.

This is both true and not true. The defender always needs to find the FMS and neutralize it - how else do you think they get taken down. Go out, find it, camp it, or blow it. However, Attackers also need to move FMS, not always but if things are gong well and the attacks are progressing - nothing wrong with moving it closer. 

I have had some epic infantry battles over FMS.. I like them.  At least now it does not take a few MG rounds or a grenade to drop them.

As a complimentary type of MS, allowing ML spawning if the ML maintains a certain concentration of troops in his vacinity might make for interesting more team oriented gameplay. ML could move about but his MS wouldn't be too stealthy because he'd need to keep a force about. Could place the FMS far, then move as a group closer and spawn off ML. FMS would be like a forward, forward base an FFB, and ML would be the FMS. IF ML's local force is atritted too much he is no longer an MS. And spawning can't occur off ML, as it is now, when he is too close to nme facilities.

Move as a group, maintain cohesion, protect your lives and your leader, be rewarded. 

12 hours ago, Pittpete said:

Bar said in another post

Just because you can't get a FRU set up and held, the game is going to die?

I don't want to have 1km+ spawns either but if you can't get close enough to town to set one, maybe it's not a good idea?

The old sneaky MS and flood the town doesn't promote teamwork but more of the run and gun, die, respawn gameplay.

I do agree that truck sounds should be lowered and don't understand why they haven't...

the exception isn't the rule, you should know this... i posted dozens of screenshots in the old rax thread for every unbacked claim of massive battles everywhere

don't care about sneekyness, run'n'gun, COD, ARMA. the battles are not developing, anything's better than nothing.

11 hours ago, bmw2 said:

This is both true and not true. The defender always needs to find the FMS and neutralize it - how else do you think they get taken down. Go out, find it, camp it, or blow it. However, Attackers also need to move FMS, not always but if things are gong well and the attacks are progressing - nothing wrong with moving it closer. 

your welcome to do it and back it up with data... in my experience 1km+ FMS's are ignored by attackers and defenders, with defenders simply out-walking attackers to the CP's.

you guys praising 1km+ FMS's, go in game and ask the players if they like them too. ask HC and SL's if they prefer 1km+ to closer spawns.

Woke up last night and had an idea.

What if we had a spawn on ML option.... now, before you freak, this would only allow bolt rifles to spawn.

The basic thinking is, the main thrust is still to drive in FMS, create ZOC, create superiority and move in.

The spawn on ML would stimulate the infantry combat, loads of rifles could spawn on a ML.

The primary combat in war is rifles on rifles, this would simulate that.  If you wanted LMG, SMG etc, you'd still have to spawn via the FMS.

There might be some limitations, say ML no closer than 100m from an enemy facility - but the idea is to spur rifle combat, i.e. game action.

And, still think way faster capture timers would help... when we had 30 sec capture timer map, every AO/DO was contested - action everywhere!

Edited by delems