waldojr

i refuse to fly or use an AAA gun.

162 posts in this topic

I'm done flying never again will a spit climb 2k and catch me, can't play like this.

It sucks when the spit can turn any direction in a snap and lose no speed to get behind you. It then forces you into a turn battle because there is no other way to stay alive. once you in a turn battle the second spit shows up to kill you. I can;t out climb them, dive, turn, nothing. I'm not going to bash my head against the wall anymore I will never fly again until somehting is fixed. how is it 1 pellet can kill me one plink is all you hear from a strafe and I blow up everyt sngle time, but i could be rioght on top of a spit unload all of my cannons into its canopy then he wakes up from auto pilot to turn around and 1 plink me. you can not tell me there is not something fundamentally wrong.

I know most pilots are better tan me so I have to paly smart, when I dive in from 6k to a plane at 3k and it cathes up to me coming out of the dive, i don;t know man

game is based opn some messed up physics i will tell you that
2 people like this

as a fellow suck pilot I feel your pain. only thing I can tell you is join a squad. you HAVE to be on comms. never fly alone unless you resign yourself to die.

I fly with groups but no one stays long,  I like to fly, sometimes hours, no one stays up that long so I am usually alone or with 1 or 2 others and I rarely see a spit alone.  It's frustrating because there are so many allied that fly in large packs, so I would be stupid as a regular pilot to run into a group of 5 veteran fighters. So go up to above them and dive in getting a few hits than fly off never turning but somehow a plane can loop up 2k flip over and match your speed.  If it is a one and one I will usually just engage and anything that happens from there on me. If there is a spit or a p-322 together with anything else I would avoid the battle and never engaging just reporting.  As long as the group did not have those planes I would usually commit in even if I was outnumbered depending on if it was more hurries and hawks than DB-7's and Havoks planes.  Even then I know I will have to shoot 1000MG into them or half my cannons, with over 100 hits according to CRS but they touch my plane and  BOOM or pilot shot in the head. When I flew allied the only problem I had was I was bored with never finding a target, when I died I knew it was because I made a mistake, I make them all the time.  I usually laugh at myself and try to learn from it.

1 person likes this

in 17 years of playing my air rank is at best 3 i think.

I get in the plane Obi Wan's voice says "Oh for F---s sakes, not this imbecil again!! No, i'm not doing it F you Yoda and F the force!"
Then i become one with the ground.

If i manage to get in on an enemy plane, i can never put the bullets in the right place, Stephen Hawking could aim better.

And yet i go fly anyways.

I think even mike shoots me down

I'm with Merlin on this. I fly and die all the time. From my pov, it's the 09 that absorbs rounds and keep on ticking. I get shot down all the time, ground flak kills me in a few hits, get plink and engine gone, one plink in the head and I always run into ace pilots who only once in a while I get lucky kill on.  More than half the time I run into three or more ea and it's just me. I still get into air. Took me almost six months before I got my first a2a kill... 110 vrs h75. Almost 16 yrs flying and still suck.. but at least now I can get some kills. 

56 minutes ago, stankyus said:

ground flak kills me in a few hits

i should hope so, your planes are getting shot with 20mms, 40mms, 37mm rounds into a plane with armor about as thick as a car door...

1 person likes this

I've noticed the past couple of days The Axis air is starting to fly in groups instead of solo during peak hours,  Nice improvement.

1 person likes this

Try FAF, far more sporting than RAF v LW.

The LW is more willing to take off vs them, and getting a steady stream of hits from all that ammo is very satisfying.

No need to sidelock yourself to axis in the air, 1/2 of the entire air pop switches sides regularly

I certainly identify with your frustration...but you don't even mention a plane that you are flying.....and yes, its historically possible for an Allied plane to follow you in  a dive after a strafing run and catch you on the pullup depending upon how you did it but you don't give any details.  If you ever think that you are "forced" to get into a turn battle with a Spit...its a pilots decision based upon the situation at the time....If your point is that the Allied are always flying in more numbers than Axis....Nolo Contendere'....if your point is that some aircraft don't seem to follow the expected physics....sure is true...but if you are saying that the flight physics in this game are totally borked.....you have lost my confidence that you know what you are talking about.  

Historically, the Spit was an outstanding turn fighter....thats just the facts!

I would like to see some of the aircraft (like the DB7 Airshow physics while fully loaded with bombs) and explosive physics changed....but I was able to use good basic ACM techniques, modified by aircraft to aircraft specifics in my very first flight ever in this game....that means an Axis 109E-1 against a very experienced spitfire pilot (and we were both using advanced moves demonstrating a clear understanding of our aircraft capabilities and the conservation of Energy "E" where we aerial danced for 20 minutes never getting a successful shot off.....and I was able to successfully use clouds and the "Zoom" effect to escape the encounter.  So, IMHO, the basic aircraft physics are right on for the most part.  If there was a 2nd Allied aircraft in the mix, I would have been dead very quickly.

I will say that if you don't have a direct connection to your internet port (no wifi or other configurations) and have a good computer and Internet Service Provider connection, the air game is not for you.  You will always see anomalies that appear impossible in real life.

One thing that I have NOT seen yet (although it may exist and perhaps someone can point to it in this thread) in the WWIIOnline Air game is a chart similar to those for Tanks/vehicles showing game coded "Hit Points"  that facilitate damage and kills.  I think that would help, particularly for new players.  I cannot tell you the number of times that folks have said that they "unloaded" their ammo from behind an enemy aircraft (and most videos I see from frustrated pilots show them bouncing their nose all over the place while spraying the aircraft) and it just "flew off"....unfortunately, there are many hit scenarios that historically would cause enemy aircraft damage that don't cause damage in this game...but that is true of armored units also....someone just made a chart that helped you identify those areas so you can better target them.  For aircraft in this game, the "Wing Root" is apparently the most likely target to cause heavy damage and get kills....that spot is not very accessible from behind the aircraft......

I think that your frustration is showing in your emotion and would encourage you to continue to fly and learn the art of your aircraft and the capabilities of your opponent.  I personally have much more fun on the ground so you don't see me too much in the air...but I get to see the aerial battles daily from the ground!  There are outstanding pilots on both sides (just less flying on Axis side at the long-term moment) and there are some fixes that need to be made....but its not a systemic problem....and this is NOT an arcade type game by any means.

Whatever you do in this game though, I recommend you stick to what lets you have the most fun!  The possibilities are endless!

*** but its not a systemic problem...

Hmmm, stats says otherwise, 5000 tactical bomber kills for allies, 500 for axis.

Ten to one seems a systemic problem to me.

3 people like this

I come from flight sims and I can fly proper aircraft..

Waldo is correct we have energy fighters that cannot retain E...

Everything Waldo has said I have seen so often I just don't fly much anymore..

Yes I know how to retain E..

You can drop in from great alt pull away smooth and easy and WOW you look behind and 3 EA have pulled high G turns and are right on your tail...  Utterly absurd.. And impossible, yet we see it everyday..

True you should not fly alone..

That said, something is and has been wrong for a very long time..

Our BNZ fighters are a caricature of the aircraft they really were, pretty bloody sad..

The mark of any great sim is if you can apply RL tactics and to some degree they are effective.. That is not the case here..

Our Panzers are equally farcical, but again its lrn2aim blah blah BS....

Pretty farkin sick of it.....

Long overdue for some big changes........

The player base or lack there of has been a clear indicator something is amiss for sometime.. Yet it seems there is a level of tunnel vision or perhaps the momentum of having gone one way for so long that there is either a willing, unwilling  or unrecognized inability to change the status quo..

I have high hopes for the new team. Truly a great group of folks I believe want to make things right make things better..

I know the new team wants WWIIOL to be the combined arms sim it was always meant to be...

Truthfully I am concerned that things may get derailed..

Cheers Monty

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, montyuno said:

You can drop in from great alt pull away smooth and easy and WOW you look behind and 3 EA have pulled high G turns and are right on your tail...  Utterly absurd.. And impossible, yet we see it everyday..

Next time provide video evidence.

6 minutes ago, montyuno said:

Our BNZ fighters are a caricature of the aircraft they really were, pretty bloody sad..

How so? All LW aircraft are perfectly capable of massive or even small E overhead B&Z. It is quite frankly about the guy holding the stick, not the crate. 

Across the board, almost all Axis aircraft historically are better designed for "Boom and Zoom"...which actually means that they bleed "E" worse than most Allied aircraft generally speaking!  I see that those who are complaining agree...thats the way it was.......

When you are complaining that you boom and zoom and all of a sudden 3 enemy aircraft are on your tail.......its about numbers and tactical flying...not evidence that the air physics are "totally borked"...but, again, I get your frustration...there are things that need to be fixed but the core of the air physics is well designed. 

delems quotes air kill inequitites as "evidence" that there is a systemic problem with the air physics in the game itself.  Any statistician will tell you that there are too many variables in that equation and observation to generate that determination...what IS true is that Axis pilots across the board in this game expect to engage in turn fighting and expect their "E" to be the same or equal to allied aircraft.  I recommend that you go to an arcade game if thats what you want....thats not the way it was in real life.....

Axis pilots have to have an entirely different perspective and attack plan when you lift off...why do you think that their Air capabilites were eventually destroyed in the Big WWII ?  The successful Axis pilots historically only engaged in air combat in situations and manners that benefited their success......those that decided to turn fight or engage multiple enemy aircraft in the same airspace are long dead!

As Always....all of this In My Humble Opinion (IMHO) !

Edited by coastal

Assuming that you infer that the Axis need a fast attack bomber like the DB, yes, it IS lacking. The assumption, should anyone entertain such, that this automagickally would make LW fighter pilots use their aircraft strengths better is however not necessarily true.

apart from the obvious holes in the LW lineup like the JU88, bmbm is right. nothing wrong with the germans planes you just have to know how to fly them right. what the axis needs is the macchi series fighter. Every contemporary Macchi fighter will grossly out perform it's german counter part in 'turn fights' and in most cases be able to turn with RaF planes on even footing. If we ever get to the Reggianne fighters and Fiat designs you get similar design choices made and on average lower wing loading than the german designs. 

you can't turn in the same way with german fighters in the same manner/method as you can with RaF and to a lesser extent FaF rides. either get used to that and learn how to dominate or continue to complain while waiting for the italian planes. 

Yeah, the desire to turn and burn - instant action "fun" sort of flying - is strong in these games, and its inherently problematic for the German rides if accurately modelled. The Italian planes would change that to some degree, and the CR42 in particular. In fact the 42 would be ridiculous. It was, however, real, was involved in the BOF and BOB, and could own the tight dogfight. From Wikipedia:

Pilot Officer Jock Barber remembered: "On my first combat, the 9 of July, I attacked the leader of a Squadriglia of Falcos, while [Flight Lieutenant] George Burges attacked an SM.79 bomber. When I shot the CR.42 at a range of 100 yards [91 meters], he did a flick-roll and went spinning down. I found myself engaged in dogfighting with the remaining CR.42s. This went down to about 10,000 feet [3,048 meters]; by then I had used up all my ammunition without much success, although I am convinced I got quite a few strikes on the leader in the initial combat. I realized pretty quickly that dogfighting with biplanes was just not on. They were so manoeuvrable that it was very difficult to get in a shot, and I had to keep diving and turning to keep myself from being shot down. George had by this time disappeared so I stuck my nose down and, with full throttle, was very thankful to get out of the way."[31]

A week later, a dozen CR.42s from 23° Gruppo appeared in the sky over Malta for a reconnaissance. Flight Lieutenants Peter Keeble and Burges scrambled to intercept them, and the resulting action greatly impressed the Malta defenders with the CR.42's maneuvering capability. Keeble attacked one CR.42 – probably the aircraft (MM4368) flown by Sottotenente Mario Benedetti of 74a Squadriglia that crashed, killing its pilot, but then came under attack himself by the Falchi of Tenente Mario Pinna and Tenente Oscar Abello. Keeble tried to dogfight with the Italians, but his engine was hit and his Hurricane dived into the ground at Wied-il-Ghajn, near Fort Rinella, and blew up; he was the first pilot to be killed in action at Malta.[32] This was the first recorded air victory in the Second World War of the CR.42 against the Hurricane. Shortly after Keeble's loss, a meeting of all the pilots and senior staff was called to discuss the best ways of countering the agile CR.42. A suggestion was made that the Hurricane should put down a bit of flaps as this might enable it to turn with the CR.42, but the only realistic proposal was to climb above these aircraft to be in advantageous position.

WW2ol's circumstances reversed 180 degrees.

Edited by biggles4

All planes probably could use some audits, give hatch time to do them, he is the only guy that can do them right.

But also realise one thing.
None of us flying suffers from stress induced destruction of our planes.
That goes for all planes in the game.

So sometimes you might see another plane, axis or allied, seem to do something that just isnt realistically feasible.
DB7 pulling loops, HE111 snap barrel rolls(in slow motion), a plane making a turn that just doesnt quite seem right or jinking around like sonic the hedgehog.
That will change for all planes when stress damage is worked out and put in, that will be a major game changer for all. 
Well except maybe the stuka, im not sure you could do anything in it that it could not handle, all other aspect of it being correct

Pp68FiA.png

I'm not saying there is a huge problem, but it seems weird and not right.  So I am in a 109 g-6, I dive in at 5k going on 550kmh at the start,  I knew the p-322 was being flown by an expert so I was not going to fully engage, I was just going to take a nice strafe see if I get lucky then move on.    As I was diving the p-322 pulled hard straight up to avoid me, I did not even shoot just started to let my plane rise up on its own I did not have to use the stick to pull up as my speed made me want to rise. Once I was on my uprise I looked back and at that time I saw the plane flip over from upsidedown to upside right and watched as the circle get smaller, meaning the plane is catching me.  I was dumbfounded, then I saw it start to shoot at half circle for an instant kill, a half circle is what 750m? I figured the plane was at max speed level and still the physics are impossible.   Also, a note about what you said about having a good connection and good computer.   I was at my brother's house yesterday and his computer can barely play the game with a wifi connection.  It was completely different flying, I could engage and get hit multiple times, and when I shot at planes they blew up.  Why would a slower connection improve your abilities????  I also notice when I am downloading movies, using at least 8MB's up using half my up speed my kills count instantly.   Adapting to it is hard especially when I came from flying allied and all I had to do was point and shoot to get a kill.  My post was to get a reaction and it worked.  I have been paying attention to the flyers since I posted this and they are working together a lot more, especially since berry117 started to get people to fly together after I upset him telling him I refused to fly.   I understand how people think and why they do what they do so sometime I will be the A-hole to bring about a change for the better.

at the bottom of the dive, I was going almost 800kmh he could not have been doing more than 500kmh with the climb he did giving him the benefit of doubt that he was going faster than max speed level.

Still hard to tell E states and burn rate from your schematic and story. Video is better. Also, everyone must die a few hundred times before getting good - assuming you learn from each demise and just don’t walk away cursing.

2 minutes ago, waldojr said:

Why would a slower connection improve your abilities????

It can at times make you (to the other person looking at you) jink around erratically and rubberband, that persons client is trying to rectify your position
based on the updates you send, when it gets none from you, like lost packets, or bursts of delay, it has to guess based on where you were going
Then when it gets a real update from you, it yanks your plane to its real position.

But it can also go the other way for you, you also didnt get updates from the other guy, that may work out in your favor making him seem to fly straight just a little longer than he really did letting you unload a wad of ammo on him before he rubberbands, but it also means you could lose track of him
and not notice, because of lack of updates, that he actually reversed and has yanked around on your 6.

So it can go either way depending.

It also means that even with decent connections, you may not see 100% accurately what movement i just did.
Maybe you saw my turn shortened or abbreviated, or you didnt see me hesitate and wobble a split second because the internet ate one of our updates, and the client smoothed it out.
But long as you see your bullet hit my head, it still counts.

2 hours ago, bmbm said:

How so? All LW aircraft are perfectly capable of massive or even small E overhead B&Z. It is quite frankly about the guy holding the stick, not the crate. 

No, it's not, especially when the 20mm cannons are far weaker

1 hour ago, waldojr said:

at the bottom of the dive, I was going almost 800kmh he could not have been doing more than 500kmh with the climb he did giving him the benefit of doubt that he was going faster than max speed level.

I have seen it. We were defending Verdun from an axis attack and Slowhand was flying along the deck as a high stuka came in. Now I know he had kept his speed up on the deck, but I still didn't think he could go straight up and get the stuka. He pulled his nose up and went straight up vertical and reached the stuka blowing it's wing off. I was blown away.

Look, the air game is way out of whack, and there is a reason you don't see many LW on. Airquake is DOC's legacy, and it's not going away anytime soon. Take a look at tienen last night with allied tank busters loop dee looping blowing up tanks left and right. LW has one hand tied behind it's back, that's the way it is. How often do you see axis fighters take the fight right to the allied airfields? You don't, yet you will see the allies shut down an axis airfield.

I have learned that while playing axis that if airquake becomes a problem I just log off or go play allies. There is no greater turn off then being bombed and strafed repeatedly as you spawn in.

If you like flying german aircraft in a much more even environment, try il2 sturmovik....good stuff. If not, just fly axis when they have an airfield close by

And by the way, you can be crafty with the anti aircraft, you can't shoot when they can see you, because in this game airplanes hunt the anticraft guns. Shoot when they don't have a line of sight on you, cause once they know where you are, they will fly face first into you.....and usually win

Edited by sixpence

18 minutes ago, sixpence said:

No, it's not, especially when the 20mm cannons are far weaker

So, you think that more powerful 20 mm cannon will make for a better-performing LW?