• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
sixpence

More toys for new players

8 posts in this topic

I have been reading about how we don't have the large tank columns we used to have, and I set out to figure out why new players are not getting in tanks(you would figure they would all be getting in tanks). I noticed as the tiers go along that the lesser tanks still require a good amount of rank. i.e., as of right now, the p3H requires a rank of 5, even though the tiger, p4G and stugG are in the game. I was hoping as the tiers roll on that the lesser tanks could drop in rank. As of right now I don't see a lot of p3F's in the spawn either, so maybe we could up the count of P3F's instead? Just something to give the new players some decent tanks in later tiers. I haven't checked out the allied side, but I'm sure it's probably the same situation.

We have had a lot of attacks lately with no armor support, just throwing an idea out there. 

There never used to be rank restrictions but I’m assuming they are there now to prevent newbs from killing supply due to lack of experience. I will say it’s frustrating to watch a green tag take the last Sherman 76 and drive it into a barrage of pak40s

Yeah, they can't have the 76. The point is the tanks the CAN drive are few. There is only one panzer F in the spawn pool. No one cares about new guys getting the f's killed as long as there are tanks rolling in to support

5 hours ago, Pittpete said:

Ce, pretty sure there have always been rank restrictions on units.

I cannot recall a time in history where there wasn't as well.

On 3/17/2018 at 10:45 AM, sixpence said:

I haven't checked out the allied side, but I'm sure it's probably the same situation.

Yes, is same, when you get up to tier 3 the amount of things like R35 and Vickers become lesser, dont know the amounts offhand
but it is similar to the axis spawn pool.
I think an armor BDE has a higher amount of them than an Infantry BDE

Maybe I just don’t remember than or never really paid attention lol. I apologize for my inaccurate reply than :) I do however remember watching green tags plow through supply though. 

Edited by Ce

2 minutes ago, Ce said:
  • Maybe I just don’t remember than or never really paid attention lol. I apologize for my inaccurate reply than :)

They have changed the ranks 10 years ago, adding more levels or changing the points needed to rank up.

I went down from colonel to lt-colonel or bellow. 

But I don’t think anyone lost its access to equipment