• Announcements

• PITTPETE

NEW Career Subscriptions now available   06/08/2019

The all new highly anticipated / requested "Career Based Subscriptions" are available through www.WWIIONLINE.com/account only, starting at $9.99! There are three new subscriptions being added; 1) All Infantry at $9.99/mo, 2) All Air Forces at $9.99/mo, 3) All Ground Forces (Army Persona) at $12.99/mo. Continue reading to learn more and get back into the fight now! View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com
madrebel

Fixing the airwar

145 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, bmbm said:

BTW @madrebel, you didn't answer this one - how do you want it - no flak to better barcap, or flak to keep pilots safe around the AF? I'm getting mixed signals here.

you would because nuance it seems is super difficult for you.

just stop dude, you're an embarrassment. 

First step is HE/KE audit.. Let’s get there first. Then we will proceed from there. 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, SCKING said:

First step is HE/KE audit.. Let’s get there first. Then we will proceed from there. 

Great. I hope from there you guys look into some of the ideas debated in those threads. 

I’m done arguing with you two. My intent is constructive and I regret that you choose to interpret it otherwise. 

Maybe I’ll tag along some day and watch you in action to better understand your modus operandi.

2 minutes ago, bmbm said:

I’m done arguing with you two. My intent is constructive and I regret that you choose to interpret it otherwise. 

Maybe I’ll tag along some day and watch you in action to better understand your modus operandi.

Only if you are in Discord with us. 

I get it that you are trying to be constructive. But sometimes you really come across as stubborn (and I dont mean this to offend you) and unwilling to see what the other has to say. 

Probably the same can be said about me, at times. So all is good, as long as you vote yes for Bombable AFs :D

1 minute ago, bmbm said:

I wouldn’t fly without it.

So yes on bombable AFs? Did I hear you say YES? :P

18 minutes ago, bogol said:

So yes on bombable AFs? Did I hear you say YES? :P

No Your blueness

16 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

No Your blueness

Yes, I kinda feel blue in the face lately. Thanks for pointing out why. I was gonna see the doc, but now I know. 

Another thought, by fixing the air war would it will also help the allies on the ground?  As it is when you have 20 allied planes in the air and only 5 LW pilots, the allies can't take a town because they don't have enough people on the ground compared to the axis to cap the cp's.   By keeping LW out of the air, i know its not done intentionally, most of us go to ground and so the ground crew has an even harder time as there are usually more Axis inf.  So if you even out the air population to bring the LW numbers to the allied numbers, then the ground population for the allies would benefit as well in critical moments. 

3 hours ago, bogol said:

Yes, I kinda feel blue in the face lately. Thanks for pointing out why. I was gonna see the doc, but now I know. 

Umm, I think you missed the 60's mate

52 minutes ago, Waldojr / TurtleTail said:

Another thought, by fixing the air war would it will also help the allies on the ground?  As it is when you have 20 allied planes in the air and only 5 LW pilots, the allies can't take a town because they don't have enough people on the ground compared to the axis to cap the cp's.   By keeping LW out of the air, i know its not done intentionally, most of us go to ground and so the ground crew has an even harder time as there are usually more Axis inf.  So if you even out the air population to bring the LW numbers to the allied numbers, then the ground population for the allies would benefit as well in critical moments. 

if the absolutely closest AFs get shut down then non dedicated pilots will make that choice. do i fly a minute longer than i would otherwise or is my ADD so bad i'll ground pound ... decisions decisions. back in the days of spits summers axis ground did joke quite a bit about victory parades. these would typically occur during the later stages of the battle when the allies would fly in 20+ bombers all trying to delay the inevitable. the joke was if all those bomber pilots just stayed infantry they likely woulda flipped a depot or two. 

indirectly i suspect some of what you're suggesting would happen, yes. the other direct benefit for the ground will be removal of the flak safety nets for defenders of AOs with AFs. no more bombers running round trips from beneath a flak screen.

5 minutes ago, madrebel said:

@XOOM

can't wait to see Bombable Airfields, blue skies, and new bombers/variants added to the stretch goals ;-).

Soon™ 

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:04 AM, madrebel said:

@XOOM

can't wait to see Bombable Airfields, blue skies, and new bombers/variants added to the stretch goals ;-).

Your bombable AFs sounds like a great idea!

S! Ian 

1 hour ago, flong139 said:

Ya cant bomb them now ? Are you thinking of cratering ?

S!

I think that means different things to different people, some it means cratering, others it means blowing up players on takeoff, still others it means destroying visible supply (parked planes not spawned yet).

I think manifesting overstock might be interesting: overstocked planes, and other vehicles perhaps as well, remaining as PPOs in the game world. You bring that spit9 or db7 from a back base and despawn it at a forward base, it manifests parked on the edge of the field. Then nme can bomb or strafe it. You can have overstock, but you have to keep it.