• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scotters

Game freezes just before I enter the world.

4 posts in this topic

Since the last patch the game freezes for me right after I select my guy and am about to enter the world. It always takes a little bit for it to load up, but now it stays frozen for at least 10 minutes. (I haven't waited any longer.)

I have an ATI Radeon 9700 with the catylyst drivers. They were the latest up until a few days ago, now there is a newer kind. I'm always leary of updating drivers, but should I do that? Since other players were playing before the newest drivers came out I don't think this will solve the problem, but will it?

Another possible cause to my problem is my anti-virus and anti-spyware programs. Pre-patch, I just shut them all off, and everything worked ok, but now of course its freezing. I have AVG anti-virus, spyware guard, and Comcast's security manager, but I turn all of those off, and I make sure that spyware guard is completely disabled, so I don't think this is the problem.

Here are my specs:

Pentium 4 2.66 ghz

ATI Radeon 9700

512 mb DDR SDRAM

10 gb free on the hardrive

WIN XP home edition w/ service pack 1 (service pack 2 was not letting me play before, so I removed it months ago.)

Thanks for any help guys

Does it crash in offline mode? If not, then it's very likely a connection problem (like a security application or your firewall or router).

Does it crash if you lower settings to "highest performance"? If not, start enabling stuff until you find out what is causing the crash.

It freezes in the practice mode as well, I just checked. So at least it isn't a connection problem. When it freezes it locks up the entire computer, I have to turn off the computer manually, ctrl alt del does nothing.

Btw I have the setting set for highest performance.

What should I try now?

Does "highest performance" let you get into the game? If so, there's a setting somewhere causing it (possibly "radial clutter" which causes problems on a lot of machines).

Otherwise it could be some driver change that you made. Try reinstalling the latest video drivers.

Also, try with "enable sound" unchecked in WWIIOL Settings to see if it's a sound related problem.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0