• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
delems

Cap times terrible.

138 posts in this topic

New cap times are terrible, way to slow for over pop side and way to fast for under pop side.

Going to kill the game when a side can't capture towns ever.

2 people like this

It’s a shame that the overpoping side is still using ninja caps while they could regroup and make it go much faster than that. No?

2 people like this

Poor delems...WHY IS YOUR TIMER THAT HIGH? Perhaps it is is the GROSS IMBALANCE in population?? DO YOU THINK?

Do you WANT the game to fold? DO YOU LIKE KILLING AI?

Only the player base can fix these issues the devs have done what they can..its up to BOTH SIDES.

CHOOSE! 

Axis still doing ninja caps purely because they are CAMPING the small population of diehard allies and padding their stats. I played axis a few nights ago..you had HORDES of players. So many that I stopped even counting them.

Your coordination was WOEFUL..throwing inf to the grinder but you had so many you eventually killed the allies so much they logged..THAT'S WHEN U TAKE TOWNS..when you have pissed off enough allies to make them log. ZERO TACTICS ZERO COORDINATION ALMOST ZERO COMMS.

So much for the superior axis tactics and comms....

No I did not transfer any knowledge of this to allies..never had never will. BUT DONT CRY MOMMY TO ME!

1 person likes this

The current timers were put in to help the balance the population inbalance. It also promotes team work as you can still decrease the capture timer by getting more players in the same CP as you. 

The population based timers are always being looked at and we also try not to make changes to the game mechanics in middle of a campaign.

Some of the best battles have been this map due to the balance this has produced. Team coordination is the key to success.

1 person likes this

I don’t often defend CRS but they are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. Solutions are tried to keep some sort of balance than it’s a b*tch fest. If they leave it alone, it’s a b*tch fest. The forums I’ve been reading is about 90% complaints. These are open forums and you can’t blame game mechanics for lack of players solely when they read these forums and see the 24/7 negativity. I love ya delems and all you fools but damn, stop complaining and do something productive in game and try to turn the tide the best you can.  

In game leadership FTW!

Not a complain, just sharing opinions.

I was probably the first person of sharing feedback about the new long cap timers, when they got in game in #148. Thread in Barracks. And I think the same than then: we have no numbers nor game mecanichs for these so long timers. Plus it gives big advantages for defenders when numbers are even. And this is why we are living this stalemate, which for some people is being BORING. 

We all don't want to see Tz3 breaking and ruining maps, me too ofc. But we passed from basically 1-2 minutes timers (even during the STEAM launch), to what we have now. We went from one extreme to another. It has to be a middle territory, hasn't it?

Need this to be tweaked a bit, imho.

If no, oh well, I adapt as always. But let's dont start tagging opinions as complaints, please. CRS usually asks for feedback. This is one. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Ce said:

I don’t often defend CRS but they are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. Solutions are tried to keep some sort of balance than it’s a b*tch fest. If they leave it alone, it’s a b*tch fest. The forums I’ve been reading is about 90% complaints. These are open forums and you can’t blame game mechanics for lack of players solely when they read these forums and see the 24/7 negativity. I love ya delems and all you fools but damn, stop complaining and do something productive in game and try to turn the tide the best you can.  

In game leadership FTW!

Excellent Post.

1 person likes this

Cap timers are working - and IMHO well. It has not stopped the Axis from taking towns. Its 4 or 5, not 20 now. The majority in low pop. That is a good thing. I don't understand why the Axis are crying foul when they have won 5 maps in a row and are the only side in the past week to be taking towns.  We are being pushed back, not taking towns and I don't hear any allies complaining about cap timers.  +1 CRS.

5 people like this

ok, hope it is good for game.

As for me, my lowest TOM, kills and game engagement in some time.

It's getting to the point that I don't even want to log in and defend anymore.... takes too long to recap a CP partially captured.

Guess that one way to even the pop, drive the op side from playing.

Edited by delems

2 hours ago, delems said:

As for me, my lowest TOM, kills and game engagement in some time.

So roll underpop and you will have the shortest timers
and the most targets to shoot at.

Unless i misunderstand you, You are saying that you are overpop and so have long timers (Cap SD etc)
which makes it hard for 1 man caps (10 man caps might take a bit longer but i dunno if they are harder per se)

Would not logic say let me go even the sides?

Edited by merlin51
gra mm ar

9 hours ago, stankyus said:

Cap timers are working - and IMHO well. It has not stopped the Axis from taking towns. Its 4 or 5, not 20 now. The majority in low pop. That is a good thing. I don't understand why the Axis are crying foul when they have won 5 maps in a row and are the only side in the past week to be taking towns.  We are being pushed back, not taking towns and I don't hear any allies complaining about cap timers.  +1 CRS.

I play all hours of the day, and I think the main thing is in the morning hours is it is a HUGE difference in gameplay for them.  People tend not to like to change, and I think that is why we see the complaint. 

I do find it to be just a little too much, but I do like it and think it was an improvement in the right direction to population balance.   For example yesterday I was in a fight to take BOZ, WE had 30-second spawn timers and several minutes to take a CP.  Combined it makes it very difficult to defend an FMS and take a CP.  We had ten people in the south CP to take it; It took over 15 minutes because one ei could spawn in right away after a tank and 2 ei killed us, and the cp timer would reset to 0 making us start over.  We had to wait for 30-second to spawn back in then run 300m to the CP.  The best situation you could have.  Ok, we got the CP after 15 minutes, 2 of us stayed behind to watch it while others went to the center of town.  We could not hold the CP because by the time I spawned back in and got to the CP even with warp it was reset.   To take the CP should be difficult, but having to defend it in the same matter is almost impossible when you have high pop.  Yes, the fight should be hard, not hopeless.  So I think some moderation of some sort is in order.  I like the extra points of defending a CP so the longer I have to stay in it the more points I will get, so to me, I'm trading mission goals of taking the town to now personal goals of how much can I get in the CP. 

People ended up logging off not switching sides and pop even out.   I am pretty sure but people quitting was not the goal.

17 minutes ago, goreblimey said:

who were these 2 allied supermen...they need to be given medals

that is the problem they were not super soldiers lol, they just spawned in instantly to kill 1 more person.  By the time the first person that got back could get back those 2 ei spawned in over a dozen times each and reset the timer even though it was at 90% when they arrived. 

NEW: Balancing Capture Timers (according to imbalance)

When there is an imbalance starting at 1% (up to 50%), the following will occur:

• Underpopulated side receives bonus faster capture speed by X%
  • Overpopulated side receives penalty slower capture speed by X%

So for example, if there is a 25% population difference, the following will occur:

• Underpopulated side = 25% faster capture timers
  • Overpopulated side = 25% slower capture timers

remove overpop penalty and increase underpop bonus... all carrot no stick

6 hours ago, major0noob said:

NEW: Balancing Capture Timers (according to imbalance)

When there is an imbalance starting at 1% (up to 50%), the following will occur:

• Underpopulated side receives bonus faster capture speed by X%
  • Overpopulated side receives penalty slower capture speed by X%

So for example, if there is a 25% population difference, the following will occur:

• Underpopulated side = 25% faster capture timers
  • Overpopulated side = 25% slower capture timers

remove overpop penalty and increase underpop bonus... all carrot no stick

Interesting idea

13 hours ago, waldojr said:

I play all hours of the day, and I think the main thing is in the morning hours is it is a HUGE difference in gameplay for them.  People tend not to like to change, and I think that is why we see the complaint. 

I do find it to be just a little too much, but I do like it and think it was an improvement in the right direction to population balance.   For example yesterday I was in a fight to take BOZ, WE had 30-second spawn timers and several minutes to take a CP.  Combined it makes it very difficult to defend an FMS and take a CP.  We had ten people in the south CP to take it; It took over 15 minutes because one ei could spawn in right away after a tank and 2 ei killed us, and the cp timer would reset to 0 making us start over.  We had to wait for 30-second to spawn back in then run 300m to the CP.  The best situation you could have.  Ok, we got the CP after 15 minutes, 2 of us stayed behind to watch it while others went to the center of town.  We could not hold the CP because by the time I spawned back in and got to the CP even with warp it was reset.   To take the CP should be difficult, but having to defend it in the same matter is almost impossible when you have high pop.  Yes, the fight should be hard, not hopeless.  So I think some moderation of some sort is in order.  I like the extra points of defending a CP so the longer I have to stay in it the more points I will get, so to me, I'm trading mission goals of taking the town to now personal goals of how much can I get in the CP. 

I primarily play Allied low pop. I know what it is like.  The fact remains still however that the Axis are taking towns. You know its not fun for us on the Allied side getting rolled over either during low pop and as long as the Axis want to actually fight anything other than AI which is where the allied side is/was headed the cap timers where needed.  Conversely when if ever in the future the allies actually get to be overpop the Axis side will benefit from this also.

So lets be frank about this, I think this is the first map this has been in place (?) I don't think its fair to rip into it until CRS actually has some real data to analyze it and see if an adjustment is warranted. 

EDIT: Just so you know, this map has been the first map in about a year that I have been involved in taking more than one town the entire map. This map I have been involved in taking 5 towns early on for a whopping total of about 7 or 8 towns in the past year.  I have been involved in the defense and losing towns at 10x-15x that amount.  IF anyone has a reason to complain, its the hardcore Allied TZ3 players.

3 hours ago, Ce said:

Interesting idea

@Ce  I just updated the server and added these rules to the live game.

You’re welcome.

None of the Carrot / Stick ideas CRS have tried to balance Population have worked. None of their ideas will ever work. People will continue to play the side they want to play, no matter how long they have to wait to spawn. 

Or, if the spawn timer becomes too long... they will just log off. I don't believe that is the goal of the developers.

CRS needs to try my idea of sending FTP to the underpop side. If they want to play for FREE... then they play for the side that needs help. Auto-balancing is NOT a new concept in online gaming. 

I believe this version of auto-balancing is a reasonable compromise. If the FTP don't like it... then they can pony up for a subscription. 

>>>>>>>>>F2P Lock to Underpop<<<<<<<<<

Edited by lipton
1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, lipton said:

None of the Carrot / Stick ideas CRS have tried to balance Population have worked. None of their ideas will ever work. People will continue to play the side they want to play, no matter how long they have to wait to spawn. 

Or, if the spawn timer becomes too long... they will just log off. I don't believe that is the goal of the developers.

CRS needs to try my idea of sending FTP to the underpop side. If they want to play for FREE... then they play for the side that needs help. Auto-balancing is NOT a new concept in online gaming. 

I believe this version of auto-balancing is a reasonable compromise. If the FTP don't like it... then they can pony up for a subscription. 

>>>>>>>>>F2P Lock to Underpop<<<<<<<<<

The allied side needs numbers and you are only partially correct. What makes the Axis side more appealing is the simple fact that they have some very iconic and sexy equipment.  I mean when you hear MG34 vrs French LMG and to this day I cant remember what its called... or Tiger vrs Sherman.. and TBH I had never heard of the Stuart until I started playing this game but I most certainly had heard of the Pz3J and M. Not the H but who cares.  I think back prior to this game, my vocabulary for ww2 was pretty small for equipment though I was a fan of the History of ww2. Little did I know the game did not have the Tiger yet, but I joined this game to fly 109s and rule the sky, stuka and blow the crap out of ground targets or get behind the gun of a Tiger tank and rule the ground.  I never gave one thought to getting behind a Shermans gun outside the Firefly but even that did not have the draw like the thought of the Tiger - or fly a Spit because I thought the 09s where much better planes - the Rolls Royce of the sky.  So tbh, a good portion of the player draw is iconic equipment - they are carrots. In the scheme of things the Axis certainly have the Ace card when it comes to iconic ww2 equipment.   I think we need to except that fact. 

All that being said, IF and I believe that I am rather the average type of person who was drawn to this game. Whos ww2 knowledge of equipment was based off of the iconic equipment of ww2 but after playing has learned so much about what actually fought In ww2 and their capabilities. We have to give the allies some of that iconic equipment AND equipment that is lesser known but now understood to be worthy to draw players over to the allies.  There also has to be a reasonable expectation for the sides to be balanced and once we hit T3, that expectation for balance is a shot in the face. I think this is why you hear from the majority of allied players who say - lets get the gaps filled before we start modelling the one hit wonders like the Panther. (hellosim excluded). Its a clear sign of Tiger and StugG exhaustion.