• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
delems

Cap times terrible.

138 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2018 at 11:47 AM, choad said:

My take is that spawn timers were introduced to try to prop up the regularly under pop side, which the past 8 months has normally been the allies. Getting rolled every map in 2 to 3 weeks, map after map. This has been a success in terms of achieving the goal (longer campaigns).

Now, according to reports, it seems the axis are losing players because they are not rolling the map as quickly as they have become accustomed to. 

Not sure what the answer is at this point .....

Campaigns SHOULD be able to be fast and short or long, based on player play.

Make those timers go faster and I think you will see a lot more happy on both sides of whatever underpop/overpop.

Well, the Axis players are certainly not coming allied to balance the population...when one side refuses to come to the other side for the good of the game and chooses not to play at all???!! -that can only be described as TOXIC.

On 4/3/2018 at 5:45 PM, Kilemall said:

You're on the wrong side of this one Ce.  

The timer numbers are too high, but this is making underpop attack possible.  That literally DOUBLES the action.

I get it buddy, I do. My argument is giving a side a crutch. Never really been a fan of it. I like a challenge. I’ve personally always enjoyed being on the underpop side because it’s target rich and as you said, double the action. 

On 09/04/2018 at 0:50 AM, droptow said:

Well, the Axis players are certainly not coming allied to balance the population...when one side refuses to come to the other side for the good of the game and chooses not to play at all???!! -that can only be described as TOXIC.

And being accused of being a spy, getting insulted in mp by some guy who want you in there sight and not in there ally list is what?

I switched regulary before, even got in a unit for a campaign. I warned that after the campaign I will do a little switch toward the other side in order to get some more experience and learn the whole experience this game has to offer.

I was kicked out of the unit, insulted and treated like horse [censored]. THAT is Toxic.

I still haven't completly digested that because I know some of the player are STILL here, so now I stick with Axis. Because each time I told I would do a little switch for a few weeks I did not received any kind of insult (except the usual "please don't move when I shoot you! :P )

Edited by kuronyra
3 people like this

It's pure logic that overpop and underpop will happen more often than even pops so you have to balance it out somehow - unless you just get rid of the whole campaign (and "my team") thing - which most us like a lot. So let's first agree that we have to balance things out by game design rather than to yell at the people to change the way they like to play the game.

Second: Balancing always hampers the majority of the people playing the game at a given moment. That should be remembered when you ask for drastic measures or punishments for the overpop sides. You penalize the majority of the players to keep the game playable as a whole. That's why bonusses for the underpop side will always be more popular than drastic penalties for overpop. However, that doesn't mean that they are always sufficient to balance things out. When you got 6 players vs 1, the poor guy needs super powers to hold up a fight. So you have to introduce the "X-Men" infantry class which unlocks in case of extreme underpop or you have to come up with some penalties for overpop.

There is no ideal solution and CRS will get critized with everything they'll come up to solve the problem because everything they do for balancing will put force on how the majority of players can play the game. That's why I think you can rate the balancing measurements mainly by how much force they apply on how a player can still play the game the way he intends to do so. In this light an increased cap timer holds less restrictions than a spawn delay (which locks you out of the game), a strict sidelock or strict autobalance (wich locks you out of the side/squad/team you may want to play with). Therefore I think it is a good idea to have increased cap timers.

How penalties or bonusses should impact the game in detail can't be decided by simple mathematics ("3 vs 1 people should result in 200% penalty") because there are a lot of not so simple factors coming into play. Playing 2 vs 1 for example doesn't increase your chances by only 100%. If you don't understand why, then try to flank or encircle your enemy while being alone.

I think you need time and experience to sort things out. That said: Capping seems to be too hard right now if you look at how the map moves. Things might have to be tweeked. I guess CRS figured this one out by itself and doesn't have to be cursed at on a daily basis.

3 people like this

It's really easy and boring to defend with this timers, I can hold a small town alone against 25 eis...there is no challenge :huh:

Yeah but that's because of your OP plz nerf connection that doesn't give you any lag. :P

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, sydspain said:

It's really easy and boring to defend with this timers, I can hold a small town alone against 25 eis...there is no challenge :huh:

Yup. But I have to say that after experiencing the positive side of the timer change, especially during lower populated times, they really do help. One perfect example is your Wavre attack on Tuesday, 9:00 CET. We wouldn't have had any chance if the cap timers weren't like they are. 

Edited by gretnine

1 hour ago, kuronyra said:

Yeah but that's because of your OP plz nerf connection that doesn't give you any lag. :P

Occasional lag or not, Sydspain is one of the best infantry players in the game. I have no doubt he could hold a CP or a smaller town by himself.

Edited by gretnine

On 10.4.2018 at 4:59 PM, kuronyra said:

I was kicked out of the unit, insulted and treated like horse [censored]. THAT is Toxic.

1. You have to be a veteran, who is good at networking, to be accepted side switcher or HC. That's the kind of thing i have offline. 

2. Personally i don't want to play any game, where a big chunk of players see no problem or are allowed to join a winning overpopped team for more than two camps in a row. Dig at both sides here!

3. Yeah, some people have that extra sense. Like when malvoc wants to blow a random fb and syd10 is already welcoming him, twice in a row. Happened to me with a german HC, who was immediately defended by our HC. SEE 1. 

23 minutes ago, arado234 said:

3. Yeah, some people have that extra sense. Like when malvoc wants to blow a random fb and syd10 is already welcoming him, twice in a row. Happened to me with a german HC, who was immediately defended by our HC. SEE 1.

well there is a something you could type that shows you the status of FB ".own", i do it all the time, this how axis defend their FBs 

!S.

1 person likes this

Ok lowering current timers but can we add penalties:

- the CP is currently  not spawnable for the enemy :+30sec

- the CP will become spawnable for friendlies : +30sec

The single most boring campaign in the history of the game. Thank god spring is here.

I can come back in the fall and the map will be right were it is now.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, arado234 said:

1. You have to be a veteran, who is good at networking, to be accepted side switcher or HC. That's the kind of thing i have offline. 

2. Personally i don't want to play any game, where a big chunk of players see no problem or are allowed to join a winning overpopped team for more than two camps in a row. Dig at both sides here!

Stuff is.

The side switch was going to be for a full campaign. Just like before I stayed full allies. So there was no "side switch" each day. Just a full campaign on the other team to get to know the people there, the rifles, vehicles, planes.

Beside:

1. Rule written by whom? I pay to play this game, and I am have the right to play the side I want. There's even the delay of 15 minutes that give enought moment to avoid most situation. BUT, personatly when I was side switching (meaning, after playing and having a break for a few hours and getting back in again but on the other side) I would give no information or plans I've read on the "ennemy" side. I would just go where people were needed, defend/attack and that was it. I simply am another player, fighting for a side at the present time and that's it.

Now: I stick to a side a full campaign. Beside, after the message I received by some, I don't want to get back to Allies, even if they are underpop. The insults and threats gave me enought reason to. On the other hand, the Axis  weren't like that. One even asked me about why he killed me the morning, and the evening I was on his side. I explained, and he just said "Ho ok! Next time, don't try to fire in movement in a freaking stuart." (he was in a Tiger. And that's the day I learned how to properly used a tank.)

2. Personatly, I'm all for people being allowed to join the underpop side and help to have balanced match. But when you receive PM from people you are actively trying to help, it doesn't really give the envy to do it.

3. One time, I flew a FW 190 after finally unlocking it during a campaign. I flew over a small AO were a Hurricane was doing some straff, + I wanted to try out a bit the plane. Get to know it. Guess what I found by pure luck.  A blenheim flying casually at mid altitude. Needless to say I destroyed him pretty easyly. Guess what, the dude I shooted down Pmed me and insulted me of being a spy. Why? Because a week before that I was flying Allies side after a 2 year break.

Sometime, things just happen. And sometime, yes shady things happen. But must we make some shady case and say it's always what happen?

Edited by kuronyra

@kuronyra eh you can play with my squad.
It's a very crappy squad as squads go, mostly just greentags learning the game, but whatever side is underpop when you log in, that's where we expect you'd go.
If that causes you to shoot a squadmate, well... shoot him again :) 

1 minute ago, merlin51 said:

@kuronyra eh you can play with my squad.
It's a very crappy squad as squads go, mostly just greentags learning the game, but whatever side is underpop when you log in, that's where we expect you'd go.
If that causes you to shoot a squadmate, well... shoot him again :) 

Hehe, no thanks. I found myself a nice squad on the Axis side. Maybe if one day I got that envy to help the Allies again. But for this campaign and probably the next, Axis will be where I play. (Beside, I LOVE that Tiger tank.)

Usually, the squads are affiliated to one side.

Others switch sides on a single or several maps and then come back again to their "homeland".  

Squads playing only one side like mine, we make it very clear to all the people interested in joining. In case the "recruit" is not interested, we kindly redirect him to other squads etc.

Obviously there are no rules about it in the game itself  and for me all seems legit except for side changes in the middle of a campaing. 

47 minutes ago, kase250 said:

except for side changes in the middle of a campaing. 

lol i do side changes in the middle of the day.
figure if one side has a 30 sec SD, they dont need my body there, but the other side does

34 minutes ago, merlin51 said:

lol i do side changes in the middle of the day.
figure if one side has a 30 sec SD, they dont need my body there, but the other side does

Hey @merlin51, you can do whatever you want.

I am speaking about my personal opinion.

I just wont do it in the middle of a map, but this is a personal choice, I prefer to stick to (in?¿) a side during a map. But if you want to "help" the underpop side, you can do it if you want.

S!

Edited by kase250
spelling

1 hour ago, kase250 said:

Usually, the squads are affiliated to one side.

Others switch sides on a single or several maps and then come back again to their "homeland".  

Squads playing only one side like mine, we make it very clear to all the people interested in joining. In case the "recruit" is not interested, we kindly redirect him to other squads etc.

Obviously there are no rules about it in the game itself  and for me all seems legit except for side changes in the middle of a campaing. 

Thing is, I was before joining the unit side switching to help both side when there was an underpop.
Then, after joining the unit ceased side switching.

And at the end of the campaign and the beginning of the next one, they kicked me because I switched to axis after warning of this a dozen of time. And apparently they also kicked me because BEFORE joining there units I was side switching to help balance the population. (I've just checked out the old PM.)

Wich mean I not only got kicked because I switched at next campaign (and it was autorised by the rule of the said unit.) But also because BEFORE even joining the unit I side switched because I was strill trying to balance and finding my marks. 

I feel we are completly off topic tough no?

1 hour ago, kuronyra said:

Thing is, I was before joining the unit side switching to help both side when there was an underpop.
Then, after joining the unit ceased side switching.

And at the end of the campaign and the beginning of the next one, they kicked me because I switched to axis after warning of this a dozen of time. And apparently they also kicked me because BEFORE joining there units I was side switching to help balance the population. (I've just checked out the old PM.)

Wich mean I not only got kicked because I switched at next campaign (and it was autorised by the rule of the said unit.) But also because BEFORE even joining the unit I side switched because I was strill trying to balance and finding my marks. 

I feel we are completly off topic tough no?

I cant speak about others.... Things can be said and done in different ways. If you are not confortable, it is best to look for a more friendly squad.

I think you finally found one, so keep playing and have fun!

S!

1 person likes this

ok, we had 2 months of balanced campaign after a few short campaigns...now, can we have proper timers that doesn't destroy what is left of this game?

On 4/10/2018 at 3:59 PM, kuronyra said:

And being accused of being a spy, getting insulted in mp by some guy who want you in there sight and not in there ally list is what?

I switched regulary before, even got in a unit for a campaign. I warned that after the campaign I will do a little switch toward the other side in order to get some more experience and learn the whole experience this game has to offer.

I still haven't completly digested that because I know some of the player are STILL here, so now I stick with Axis. Because each time I told I would do a little switch for a few weeks I did not received any kind of insult (except the usual "please don't move when I shoot you! :P )

I've seen this on both sides many times over the years and have zero tolerance for it. If you have an issue with a player trying the other side then you're a child. If I see it on comms I'll shoot it down in a heartbeat. The 'fanatics' are not people to be proud of, they're toxic waste whether axis or allied. The game lives or dies based on pop whatever side that pop is playing. I have numerous people on both sides I consider friends and that's got sod all to do with their uniform. 

1 person likes this