delems

Cap times terrible.

138 posts in this topic

On 4/13/2018 at 4:59 AM, kase250 said:

But if you want to "help" the underpop side, you can do it if you want.

I dunno if i am "helping" lol, more like providing a diversionary target dummy.
You haven't killed me yet this map though, so i must be doing better :)

1 person likes this

CRS is evaluating the cap timers. I hope to have an announcement sometime tomorrow night

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, catfive said:

I've seen this on both sides many times over the years and have zero tolerance for it. If you have an issue with a player trying the other side then you're a child. If I see it on comms I'll shoot it down in a heartbeat. The 'fanatics' are not people to be proud of, they're toxic waste whether axis or allied. The game lives or dies based on pop whatever side that pop is playing. I have numerous people on both sides I consider friends and that's got sod all to do with their uniform. 

Yeah, problem is theses fanatics are the loudest most of the time but I mostly try to ignore them. Still it is a shame because I remember having real good games with @wockawocka or @pokerfor example on the allies side. And this game is far from having the same population as War Thunder, World of Tank. We can't really lose some player because of this. Each new player is actually a welcome addition that can be felt.

Just yesterday, @bolechad an anti tank gun and for a good ten minutes tough that he was attacking an ennemy tank far away... While it was Liang in his Tiger! X') (I've done worse. :3 )

(will probably during the intermission if it arrive one day get back in a sherman.)

11 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

CRS is evaluating the cap timers. I hope to have an announcement sometime tomorrow night

Yay!

Edited by kuronyra
1 person likes this

14 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

S! Good news

Edited by bmw

Still way way to slow imo.

Takes over 5 min to capture a CP with 1 player - and that isn't including the 30 sec SD.

Meanwhile the opposing side can cap in less than 2 mins with no SD and spawning on top the CP.

It takes 9 players to cap for the over pop side verses 1 player under pop - and those 9 players have 30 sec SD, and they have to run to CP generally; for equal times.

The sliding scale is way to extreme.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

Think of it as incentive to shunt some people off to the underpop side.
When the balance becomes closer the OverPop's SD goes down and their cap time goes down, while the UnderPop's timer goes up.
it is less ironfisted than simply either locking you to a side, or forcing your spawn choices based on population.

Edited by merlin51

Cap Timers are working as intended. right now I show a massive OP for Axis side, so yes it will take close to 5 min for one person to cap, but since you outnumber the theory should be you have more men to jump in and cap that CP reducing the time back to a normal amount. Hence making the population advantage less. 

1 person likes this

*** reducing the time back to a normal amount

It takes 8 more to jump in for us to cap the same as 1 allied.  We really have 8x the population?

I do agree it is a step in the right direction, but the sliding scale plus SD is too extreme.

1 person likes this

You can defeat the cap delay with teamwork, something that at a 60sec SD is harder for the underpop side to pull off
The SD no, you can not defeat it directly, except by using teamwork to remain alive.

It seems extreme but with this at least you still have control and freedom.
You can play against it, and use close teamwork to overcome it, and you also have the option to play the otherside of the equation
which if enough do, will bring it down to where neither side has advantage or disadvantage.

But at no time is anyone forced to play what they do not wish to play.

No i doubt you have 8X the population, that would be a massacre i think, or a mortar mans dream?
But think about it for a minute.
If you have a rifle, and you are facing one other guy with a rifle, and assume you have equal skill.
You have a 50/50 chance of living right?
Now, if you face 3 guys with rifles, of equal skill, that is only 3X your population, but your chance of living is much less than 10%
It hits the cellar, so the balance counter mechanism has to try and make up for that somewhat.

Is there a way to make it so cap timers make up for the fewer players like 100 on one side and 50 on the other - make it so it takes 2 people to cap as fast as one person on the underprop side, max on the cap timers!  anything under that 100/50 then turns into Spwan delay like 100/25 would have the double effect and 30-second spawn delay.  Then if it were less like 100/75 then the single person has the value of 1.5 people, so if 2 people were in the cp for underprop it would act as 3.  Spawn delay with cap timers is making a mess unless it is extremely one-sided. 

27 minutes ago, waldojr said:

Is there a way to make it so cap timers make up for the fewer players like 100 on one side and 50 on the other - make it so it takes 2 people to cap as fast as one person on the underprop side, max on the cap timers!  anything under that 100/50 then turns into Spwan delay like 100/25 would have the double effect and 30-second spawn delay.  Then if it were less like 100/75 then the single person has the value of 1.5 people, so if 2 people were in the cp for underprop it would act as 3.  Spawn delay with cap timers is making a mess unless it is extremely one-sided. 

Check this for when dynamic capture timers were introduced: https://www.wwiionline.com/community-notes/reports/important-game-play-changes-balancing

The total # of seconds is now off because things have been tweaked since that announcement, but I believe the 50% scaling etc. is still in play.

I don't want it to slow the overpop side down, just make the under pop side count as more of a person when capping.   Give more weight to the individual capping to a percentage.  so if it is just one guy at max underprop he/she counts as 2 people.  make sense? when it is more than double overpopthen the Spawn Delay kicks in, when you reach max spawn delay then the overpop timer can begin slowing it down.  Doing both SD and overpop timer at the same time is too big of a disadvantage.