nily5000

Wall of the Henning Dynasty

79 posts in this topic

Most of these big squad players are 15 years older now. Focus on new generations 

@dre21Zebbeee is right on this one, but regardless, I did reach out to an old bigger squad the other day with a willingness to talk with them directly about seeing what we could do at CRS to get them back involved.

I am open to talking about it, but their willingness to do so and to come back is an entirely different subject.

I am hopeful that either way we can start towards building some newer big squads.

On 3/21/2018 at 7:37 PM, nily5000 said:

Did you see the allied get owned at both of Sgt Henning’s great walls. Andenne and Ciney are safe thanks to Sgt Henning and Whips crew. They allied are confused and have no answer. S! For over the top defense and strategy.

LIES S!

Where is that Drumpf wall? 

If people are having fun, and it's not against the rules, go for it.  

I'd rather have people playing Minecraft in this game instead of playing real Minecraft hahaha

This type of gamey activity will really bring the big squads back :mellow:

7 hours ago, Ce said:

This type of gamey activity will really bring the big squads back :mellow:

What do you mean? With some of the distraction in this forum I'm trying to better understand your comment.

On 3/26/2018 at 5:40 PM, XOOM said:

@dre21Zebbeee is right on this one, but regardless, I did reach out to an old bigger squad the other day with a willingness to talk with them directly about seeing what we could do at CRS to get them back involved.

I am open to talking about it, but their willingness to do so and to come back is an entirely different subject.

I am hopeful that either way we can start towards building some newer big squads.

Yes yes they are older but they played this game because of the SIM aspect of it, the new Generation you talking about the guys that don't do chat just voice IP , the guys that have the attention span of ( insert your own analogy ) .

The guys that we tried to get with the Steam launch ? 

A lot of these old players you talk of left because of the old CRS team ,cause they promised and promised and did not deliver. The new Team is so much more transparent,  yes it takes time but we see progress, well CRS really needs to really reach out to these old Squads , if you are banking on the new Generation , unless you get that screen shot graphics update in soon and I mean soon then I don't think that will happen . But I could be wrong 

Many of these old players don't even know that there us a new Team at the helm. Hell I would go as far as show those old Squads the new toys 1st to lure them back somehow.  Sure it's up to said squads but it's worth a try.

What do you have to lose ? 

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Yes yes they are older but they played this game because of the SIM aspect of it, the new Generation you talking about the guys that don't do chat just voice IP , the guys that have the attention span of ( insert your own analogy ) .

The guys that we tried to get with the Steam launch ? 

This notion is often thrown around in here in error, sure there are many games on the market currently which are focused on casual gameplay and the majority of players out there are attracted to those games, however there's still a good market for sim games and a notably large playerbase to cater to. Making excuses about how new players aren't being brought into this game because they're a "new generation" of gamers who don't play games like this is a mindset which should be avoided. Do not fool yourself into believing that the game didn't acquire hundreds of regular players through steam solely because of those players' taste.

26 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Many of these old players don't even know that there us a new Team at the helm. Hell I would go as far as show those old Squads the new toys 1st to lure them back somehow.  Sure it's up to said squads but it's worth a try.

In all fairness, the "new" team is several years old and not so new anymore, and they are significantly more adept at marketing themselves and making themselves and their work on the game known to the public and former playerbase. Facebook use alone eclipses anything the original team did for years.

Personally, I'm not sure what more can be done to bring back former players, at this point, the focus should be on bringing new people into the game. Former players won't care about new vehicles if old issues are still there which made them leave the game or there's hardly any server population to use those new vehicles. CRS does a pretty good job at keeping those players in the loop with things like welcome back soldier.

Edited by gt3076r

18 hours ago, XOOM said:

What do you mean? With some of the distraction in this forum I'm trying to better understand your comment.

Most people who play this like the simplicity of fighting the good fight and get satisfaction out of legit skill and communication. Once people start gaming the game it takes all the legitimacy out of it. Again it was neat to see but this type of thing is not in my wheel house. It’s like those guys who would purposely spawn crap tanks and park them at the AB entrances to be blown up leaving the remains so we couldn’t roll in. Same thing 

Edited by Ce

3 minutes ago, Ce said:

Most people who play this like the simplicity of fighting the good fight and get satisfaction out of legit skill and communication. Once people start gaming the game it takes all the legitimacy out of it. Again it was neat to see but this type of thing is not in my wheel house. It’s like those guys who would purposely spawn crap tanks and park them at the AB entrances to be blown up leaving the remains so we couldn’t roll in. Same thing 

Hennings wall is an anomaly. You really don't see that in the game.  I think you will find that the PPO bunker usually serves as cover and not as intended as a ATG bunker.  The very NICE thing about having that function is that in towns with open ABs which can be camped from 2k by 88s and Tigers you can erect these bunkers so you can get armor out relatively safe.  You can also erect one to keep tanks from locking down the main roads E/W, N/S or prohibit tanks from entering vantage points.  Dragons teeth work nicely in big cities where you want to prevent any AFV or truck from entering your domain.  Several Maps ago it was Brussels IIRC we had set PPOs that prevented ETs from getting to our AB easily which was the last standing AB in town and our infantry defense tried to keep them from blowing the PPOs and our tanks covered the obvious approaches. We actually started to take back the city but could not get the linking depot for fresh supply in the end and TZ3 Axis overpop they took the AB without armor support anyway but it was a good strategy that extended the battle for another 2-2.5 hours with just some Cru2s and A13s left.

46 minutes ago, Ce said:

It’s like those guys who would purposely spawn crap tanks and park them at the AB entrances to be blown up leaving the remains so we couldn’t roll in. Same thing 

That is not inherently a bad tactic per se
But Hennings wall is more akin to the axis opel race that went around the map through active allied towns.
The game sometimes has silly moments that maybe make no battle sense, but they didnt hurt anyone and someone had fun doing them.

The wall actually does have battle use if its preventing enemy ingress to the objective

10 hours ago, Ce said:

This isn't gaming the game CE. What I don't think you realize is this is a valid military strategy. This is war game after all and I Play it as such. If you don't understand military strategy and tactics how is that my fault. I have used the tools that CRS gave us in a manner that it was intended; but people either one don't understand military strategy or are just to lazy to spend the 4 to 10 hrs it takes to build one. This isn't call of duty after all. There are always Key towns on the Front line that need better defense and I am showing you there are other options out there to help with the defense of the town. What you or any side does with that information is up to the side and the players. But as to your gaming the game comment its not. 

On 3/23/2018 at 5:35 PM, lipton said:

@zoom I like my small squad. We've been here since the games inception. I believe we've been useful. We have several Gold Builders and several Hero Builders in the squad. I've personally donated over $500 to the fundraisers. 

Small squads have their place in this game. Without us, this game would have died when all the Big squads took their ball and went home. 

The 101st used to be a good deal larger but it has been a while since those days. When I log on I still see you guys  doing a lot of the dirty work like blowing FB's.

5 hours ago, sgthenning said:

But as to your gaming the game comment its not. 

So placing indestructible PPO around a town is not gaming the game? That’s not military strategy. That’s 4-8hrs of boredom which doesn’t say much for the game really but that’s another story. Look dude, I’m not taking away the fact it was creative and clever. I’m not this old guy who’s against fun and trying new crap. My fear is that the game is already taken a massive numbers hit over the years for whatever reasons. Adding and allowing “strategies” like this to go on, grow and become a normal thing will result in further issues. If it doesn’t, that’s great and no fuss. Maybe I just like the old fashioned “strategy” of reading EWS and prepping a legit defense by knowing your terrain, adavtantage points, weak points and communication/skill. 

19 hours ago, gt3076r said:

This notion is often thrown around in here in error, sure there are many games on the market currently which are focused on casual gameplay and the majority of players out there are attracted to those games, however there's still a good market for sim games and a notably large playerbase to cater to. Making excuses about how new players aren't being brought into this game because they're a "new generation" of gamers who don't play games like this is a mindset which should be avoided. Do not fool yourself into believing that the game didn't acquire hundreds of regular players through steam solely because of those players' taste.

In all fairness, the "new" team is several years old and not so new anymore, and they are significantly more adept at marketing themselves and making themselves and their work on the game known to the public and former playerbase. Facebook use alone eclipses anything the original team did for years.

Personally, I'm not sure what more can be done to bring back former players, at this point, the focus should be on bringing new people into the game. Former players won't care about new vehicles if old issues are still there which made them leave the game or there's hardly any server population to use those new vehicles. CRS does a pretty good job at keeping those players in the loop with things like welcome back soldier.

You know I never cared for the old CRS , but I always loved the game ,the concept of the game  and therefore  I can live with a few bugs here and there, some more annoying then others but I can overlook it.

Now others they left solely because who ran CRS and are so disgruntled that all that welcome back soldier e-mail go straight into the spam folder and have no clue what has happened over here.

I see you post from a F2P account ( not sure if you are a paying customer as of right now or not ) but I just thought I'll throw it out there I have been with the game since 2001 and have payed ever since CRS has made this game a Sub based game.

I had a short stint where my old PC was out of date and I could not play and at that time I had no subscription,  but I always have stayed on top of things to see what I did miss, till the day where I could play again. 

So in other words it's kinda hard to take what you wrote from a F2P account if you are not willing to support the game via $$$ .  Cause in my eyes ( and that is only if you are a F2P player ) I have a bit more invested then you do at this moment. 

That is how I look at it , you may or may not like it but I go by what I see between Registered User and F2P account.

2 people like this

27 minutes ago, Ce said:

So placing indestructible PPO around a town is not gaming the game? That’s not military strategy. That’s 4-8hrs of boredom which doesn’t say much for the game really but that’s another story. Look dude, I’m not taking away the fact it was creative and clever. I’m not this old guy who’s against fun and trying new crap. My fear is that the game is already taken a massive numbers hit over the years for whatever reasons. Adding and allowing “strategies” like this to go on, grow and become a normal thing will result in further issues. If it doesn’t, that’s great and no fuss. Maybe I just like the old fashioned “strategy” of reading EWS and prepping a legit defense by knowing your terrain, adavtantage points, weak points and communication/skill. 

The PPO are destroyable, all Henning did was but a Maginot line up that the other side has to pentetrate or take down to advance. 

You call it boredom , he had fun doing so , he was not alone others came by and added a few PPOs to it. Myself added about 3 ATG bunkers , a few sandbags and Tankbarricades to it. 

Not my choice either of sitting somewhere for hours building things, but CRS gave us the tools. Players use them.

It would have been a fight outside of town what is so bad about that? 

One side to penetrate and use resources to breach it the other side to keep it intact and keep the enemy away from it.

This should be actually a challenge for you instead of just rolling 60 tanks and ATG all around a city and then spawn camp the snot out of it , and take the town in 15min  like shown in the Video you posted with all that Armor rolling.

All the things you said here.

Maybe I just like the old fashioned “strategy” of reading EWS and prepping a legit defense by knowing your terrain, adavtantage points, weak points and communication/skill. 

Comes into play don't you think, with one difference all of a sudden you have to adapt and use your skill .

Just my opinion .

The wall was refreshing. I visited it for a short while and it was a real battle. EA running constant bombs to it etc etc. It's nice to fight outside of town for a change.

52 minutes ago, dre21 said:

You know I never cared for the old CRS , but I always loved the game ,the concept of the game  and therefore  I can live with a few bugs here and there, some more annoying then others but I can overlook it.

Now others they left solely because who ran CRS and are so disgruntled that all that welcome back soldier e-mail go straight into the spam folder and have no clue what has happened over here.

I see you post from a F2P account ( not sure if you are a paying customer as of right now or not ) but I just thought I'll throw it out there I have been with the game since 2001 and have payed ever since CRS has made this game a Sub based game.

I had a short stint where my old PC was out of date and I could not play and at that time I had no subscription,  but I always have stayed on top of things to see what I did miss, till the day where I could play again. 

So in other words it's kinda hard to take what you wrote from a F2P account if you are not willing to support the game via $$$ .  Cause in my eyes ( and that is only if you are a F2P player ) I have a bit more invested then you do at this moment. 

That is how I look at it , you may or may not like it but I go by what I see between Registered User and F2P account.

Another erroneous assessment I see in here often, that subscribing players are 'better' or of a higher class than those who do not wish to pay for this game. You know this is a public forum right? And those with even the slightest interest in the game, who may actually become tomorrow's subscriber, can come in here and post and read what you and others have wrote damning them before they step foot in the door?

Just because you pay for this product does not automatically validate your opinion or make it more valuable on the game than those who do not. Now granted I haven't played for a good while and this is a squad/throwaway account I've been given access to (thanks to no registration email coming through for new account creation. Is that a thing?) but regardless I've spent a good amount of time and money on this game over the years and back in its heydey. Your experience with the game, however, is valuable and I'd assume you'd like to see this game do well and bring more players in just like the rest of us. You should embrace that folks want to come in here and discuss problems and solutions no matter what their account status may be.

Anyway part of my point is, the effort it would take to bring players back who left this game is much higher than the effort it would take to bring people brand new to the game in. Bringing past players back presents many obstacles that bringing new players in does not. Namely, past players have left for things like AWS and the brigade (or flag) system being in place. These are complicated topics if to be fixed and not something simple the team can devote their resources to, if they may even want to change them. Meanwhile, brand new players simply see those as part of the game face-value and not something negative in comparison. And again to reiterate my point in my previous post, the current team isn't new anymore and they're pretty darn respectable at marketing, particularly through social media, which is significantly more valuable than email these days. 

Last quick point I believe other players are far more effective at bringing back previous customers/squadmates. CRS is doing a great job as they are with reaching out to them and shouldn't spend any more resources than they already do in doing so.

Edited by gt3076r

6 hours ago, dre21 said:

This should be actually a challenge for you instead of just rolling 60 tanks and ATG all around a city and then spawn camp the snot out of it , and take the town in 15min  like shown in the Video you posted with all that Armor rolling.

Challenge?? Rolling 60 tanks was and never will be an easy task. That column and set up took over an hour of planning and co ordination between 7-8 squads, HC and playerbase. Driving tanks from HQ to brigade to over supply, having brigades available to move through, having squad leaders assemble their numbers and work in conjunction with all squads on TS and 33, multiple trucks for MSPs, ATG lines, hot drop on CPs with trucks loaded with SMGs for multi simultaneous CP capture, bunker teams, Panhard scouts, infantry scouts, Air support, AB Air quake etc etc. Always more behind it than just a horde of tanks. Most of my Ops and AOs were set up that way. The tanks was just a bad [censored] sight. 

Ive seen insane things in this game that I doubt some of the new peeps haven’t. Like 100 plus paras on Ciney, 20-25 Havocs on Tienen, 5 beddys filled with 20-30 infantry on board hot dropping Andenne. This stuff was all planned and organized. I get more satisfaction out of that than anything else. 

Again, I’m not taking away the creativity or judging anyone with what they do with their game time. I just don’t like the idea. 

That wall is awesome, how long did it take to build? The timers between bunker builds is pretty long IMO.