Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

nily5000

Wall of the Henning Dynasty

Poker
1 hour ago, XOOM said:

ITime for folks to take the initiative and consolidate for the betterment of the game. Worth taking the time to break the norm and remember that SQUADS, and SQUADS WITH NUMBERS, is what really makes the game the best.

What will be done though? Requires your initiative, think about it (everyone who fits that small squad bill).

All very well and good, however what about those who like playing in smaller teams on a regular basis and shun away from the larger squads? Probably worth a nod of the head to those, too. We've certainly kept cash coming into CRS over the years with this boutique approach, and frankly, I don't agree what we do is against the betterment of the game.

Thanks.

• Like 4

piska250

Sgt Henning, You just became my Hero!!!

About Squads, in a game like this, IMO, there is room enough for everybody, huge and small squads, lonewolfs, etc.

What makes the difference is when all of them are able to play as a team while aimming for a common goal.

S!

Edited by piska250
  • Like 1

Capco

Nice being creative and all, but this really exemplifies 2 things:  that PPOs have a lot of possibilities, and that we don't have enough variation with the current PPOs (in this example we are using Bunkers laid out sideways in order to build a wall).  

lipton

@zoom I like my small squad. We've been here since the games inception. I believe we've been useful. We have several Gold Builders and several Hero Builders in the squad. I've personally donated over $500 to the fundraisers. 

Small squads have their place in this game. Without us, this game would have died when all the Big squads took their ball and went home. 

Edited by lipton
  • Like 5

erasmo

Maybe I am tired after a tough week and all but, yes, I felt a bit disrespected and I dont see the reasons for throwing now comments about the small squads... I demand to be more cautious when saying some things. Please. 

XOOM

Gents, there are advantages to small squads. Having squads around are vitally important, sorry for any way I may have mis-typed that or caused an issue or personal offense with what I was saying.

Here's what I was trying to say...

Right now we have a severe lack of big squads. Can we all agree on that? If so, I think my point may be taken better. What I did not intend  was to suggest that if you are in a small squad, that it was useless or anything of that nature.

I stand by my comments and belief that we are in need of some larger squads, and that it will improve the game overall by having a driving force / main battle unit, while smaller squads could be providing critical small-number options required to make the battle successful.

CRS will in no way attempt to do ANYTHING other than supporting squads regardless of size.

• Like 2

ZEBBEEE
16 hours ago, XOOM said:

The lack of use in the game has been a thing of disappointment as we had pressed getting you guys a lot more stuff very intentionally so you can modify the game environment to your hearts desire.

Could you be more specific about this disappointment? 

PPO rules are very constraining, hence it seems developers didn’t want it to become widely used. 

I also firmly believe the game experience would be even more addicting if the terrain had more player-placed objects. There should be much more PPOs added, with different level of tactical importance (PPOs to be placed by HCs, by MLs..).

This is why I recently pointed out the need to update some of their specifications:

-ease their installation: Engineers should reload their build timer at a truck, and/or trucks should be able to place some more PPOs as well. 

-review the constraints of sandbags: allow these to collide to other objects and to be placed on any surface (inclusive buildings), but allow infantries to run over it.

- add more PPO liked barbered wires, pre-build advanced sandbag structures, cammo nets, ...

- render the PPOs objects on the game map

- increase their lifetime to 72 hours

See this topic:

ZEBBEEE

The belgian army build one between Wavre and Leuven in 1939. source

@merlin51Could/Should we add this wall ingame with pre-set PPOs at the beginning of the campaign and that need to be blow up ?

Image-001.jpg

weejocky
13 hours ago, XOOM said:

THIS. Sgthenning has done a great job rekindling the light for many of what possibilities exist for WWII Online's Player Placed Objects. The lack of use in the game has been a thing of disappointment as we had pressed getting you guys a lot more stuff very intentionally so you can modify the game environment to your hearts desire.

There's a lot of immediate tactical value for you guys, teach others, we've made it as simple and clean as possible. You will benefit from it!

My heart desires a chainsaw please Xoom.....  :)   S!

• Like 1

Merlin51
1 hour ago, Zebbeee said:

@merlin51Could/Should we add this wall ingame with pre-set PPOs at the beginning of the campaign and that need to be blow up ?

I think i will leave you and sgthenning in charge of assembling that, i can just see the GM's running around trying to assemble that before each campaign
:P

ZEBBEEE
3 hours ago, merlin51 said:

I think i will leave you and sgthenning in charge of assembling that, i can just see the GM's running around trying to assemble that before each campaign
:P

Haha of course not, I meant automatically. Can’t we run a script at campaign start ?

Quincannon
4 hours ago, aomercy said:

Just awesome! Great work AO!

• Like 1

imded
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:36 AM, sgthenning said:

I will continue to build them but you never know where one of my walls will pop up something the allies will have to deal with from now on.

OK CRS. I thought building things of this nature was VERBOTEN! I remember one time a bunch of bunkers and stuff were built near a FB and that it was said this is a NOGO and you would be bounced.

SO CRS we need a ruling on this please.

Personally I had fun picking off the EI that was defending the wall. Got many kills that day.

sgthenning
1 hour ago, imded said:

OK CRS. I thought building things of this nature was VERBOTEN! I remember one time a bunch of bunkers and stuff were built near a FB and that it was said this is a NOGO and you would be bounced.

SO CRS we need a ruling on this please.

Personally I had fun picking off the EI that was defending the wall. Got many kills that day.

its not TOS though I would never wall in someone's FB that is just taboo. Glad to see it is catching on with building though well done to Aomercy for taking the time to try something different.

OLDZEKE

Building on the FB tent footprint or in a way that blocks vehicles from getting out when that FB comes up (or so that they spawn clipped into the PPO) is a do not do.

Building so as to gain access to the inside of a fb inf spawn is a do not do.

Building them 1k from the fb or any fixed spawn is just building them.

sgthenning
12 hours ago, aomercy said:

Nice job Aomercy nice to see what I started catching on. It would be so cool if we could build bridges as well. Or those circle concrete pill boxes.

Edited by sgthenning

OLDZEKE
Just now, sgthenning said:

Nice job Aomercy nice to see what I started catching on. It would be so cool if we could build bridges as well. Or those circle concrete pill boxes.

AOMercy did her wall 10 months ago. 

sgthenning
6 minutes ago, OLDZEKE said:

AOMercy did her wall 10 months ago. 

Looks like she need more practice then lol. The thing with building them is you have to take into account the shape of the terrain, how close to an air field you are and where the enemy FBs are. For example our wall at Ciney got bombed a few times and we could have repaired it despite the numerous holes that got put in it before the next wave of bombers ever got back. We just didn't have enough people as engineers willing to do it. I think was 3 of us repairing and we really needed 5 or 6. 

I chose that spot because it sits in a depression and close enough to town that ews will go off and give defense enough time to get set up. Also it makes your approach from your Forward bases very slow. Behind the wall there is a higher ridge near town where you can set pzs and atgs well within range of anything coming over the ridge from your forward base to the wall.

After the battle at Ciney last night I realized a few things. One people didn't realize that you could defend town from the ridge at town. we didn't have enough people playing engineers at the wall to repair it effectively. If you want to get into the way I play this game you have to picture it as a real life war. I think a lot of people look at it as a first person shooter and not as if it is a real war which is a shame; because if you play it like it was real the strategy level and game play will be more immersive.   

Sudden

I built one at my own fb. It did not block anyone from entering or exiting but it did cause any ei wishing to attack to step into the open and zig zag to get to the tents. It worked really well as long as we had defenders at the fb. I also blocked as many angles to our veh tent as possible in order to stop us from getting tank camped so easily. It's nice to be able to do these mods but how (CRS) do you police the breaking of the rules listed above? Can you undo a blocked fb?

Quincannon
1 hour ago, sgthenning said:

Looks like she need more practice then lol.

Come on man, that's just NOT cool. Just because you built yours differently, does not mean you did it better. You both had specific ideas of what you wanted to achieve, and they were obviously not the same thing. Anyone who does something as amazing as either of you deserves to be acknowledged for what they did; not what they did as compared to what you did.

S!

dre21
15 hours ago, XOOM said:

Gents, there are advantages to small squads. Having squads around are vitally important, sorry for any way I may have mis-typed that or caused an issue or personal offense with what I was saying.

Here's what I was trying to say...

Right now we have a severe lack of big squads. Can we all agree on that? If so, I think my point may be taken better. What I did not intend  was to suggest that if you are in a small squad, that it was useless or anything of that nature.

I stand by my comments and belief that we are in need of some larger squads, and that it will improve the game overall by having a driving force / main battle unit, while smaller squads could be providing critical small-number options required to make the battle successful.

CRS will in no way attempt to do ANYTHING other than supporting squads regardless of size.

I'm going to throw it out there , I even emailed Badger I think a while back. 

You guys should find players in game that have been part of a big squad at one time and still have connections with the one time members of said squad . Invite these players via a full month of full access  ( kinda like invite tickets that the former member gets to hand out)

Only with these invite tickets a full access would be granted . ( not a hope welcome back soldier event and hope some will come back. )

With these tickets you could actually keep track how many would come log back in from certain squads.

I could reach out to Sturmgreadier, PLD and former 502nd members.