Blkhwk8

Game Moderators - Game Conduct

45 posts in this topic

The community at large has asked for some information in regards to how we combat cheating, and I wanted to update some numbers for the last six months and show the community what we are doing to combat Cheats and other issues that pop up. Bierber (the former Head of the GMs) wrote this blurb back in July, and I have updated it with current numbers but its a good read.

For those who do not know what the GM corps is, let me give a quick explanation. The GMs, or Game Moderators, enforce the Terms of Services [the stuff you always have to agree to whenever you log in] in game similar to what the forums mods do on the forums. We are not limited to abusive language though. We as well monitor in game behavior, exploits, cheats and hacks - in general: With our daily work we try to provide a fair play experience and environment to every single player.

Yes, I guess "work" is the right word for what we do. The GM corps consists of volunteers only. The players are handpicked. I would not say that the GM corps is an elitist circle but yes, those are very experienced and especially objective players. These are sometimes not that easy to find, in a game where you are either Axis or Allied. Instead of playing like any other player, the GM will sacrifice his/her playing time to observe or/and to follow up on .reports.

Unlike in other games members of the GM corps are anonymous. This is for the simple reasons to enable them to "do their job" without continuous interruption and to protect them from harassment. Unfortunately harassment can be a big thing in this game. Even though we have such an adult audience [the age average is probably way above 30] we really have to face harassment issues every now and then

One more thing before I want to close at least the harassment talk. As mentioned in the beginning, there's a noticeable raise in aggression in the .reports. Sometimes it is insanely abusive language directed at the GM corps or CRS staff. People do need to understand that .report is no trash can. There are ordinary people behind it and for them .report is a work tool. But having to read stuff like that is just nuts. I'd give you an example but the forums would censor 99% of it.

And it is no longer tolerated! Those who do it already received warnings for it. Those who repeatedly do it will at some point face a vacation. We are grown up human beings and you can talk to us like a grown up.

For those who say "Nothing is being done anyway", I beg to differ. Here's an excerpt of the past 6 months (Oct – Mar 2018).

In the past 6 months we have issued

• 209 bans Resulting in 102 Permanent Bans

• 634 warnings

• 5525 Reports

Bans can involve minutes, hours, days or even months of work of multiple GMs. In general we document our work very well, which is needed in a 24/7 environment. This though is all classified and not for the public.

Having seen the GMs at work and having the stats at hand as well, I can say that the GM corps is doing an incredibly good job! And I have the confidence to say that we are on top of things as well! We get them all, sooner or later!

Here are some more myths which need some busting: GMs do not have the ability to

• autodespawn someone

• spawn someone without ammo

• set/adjust spawndelay to the server or even single players

•  kill someone

• change ownerships of CPs, towns or FBs

•  adjust supply

As this is a shout out to the hard working team behind the GM corps, I want to give the players of course as well the opportunity to give some feedback and to maybe thank the team for their work.

There still are going to be critics but they are of course welcome, too. Just keep it civil.

And yes, we are looking to extend the team. If we haven't approached you yet and you consider applying, drop us an email to agm@playnet.com and tell us why you would be the perfect match. Please include your game name.

Many thanks to the team for your patience, dedication, endless hours on duty, endurance and accuracy! 

Keep up the good work!

And all other players, I only can encourage you to use the in game .report function. We cannot help you if you do not use .report.

6 people like this

Its funny, EVERYONE has been b**ching about this issue and all of a sudden boom here we are...is this because 2 big squads unsubed? Probably...well this is what you get when you guys want to play grab a$$...dont bite the hand that is feeding you...but ya know delete this (just like most of my other posts) 

1 person likes this

38 minutes ago, Ltarflak said:

Its funny, EVERYONE has been b**ching about this issue and all of a sudden boom here we are...is this because 2 big squads unsubed? Probably...well this is what you get when you guys want to play grab a$$...dont bite the hand that is feeding you...but ya know delete this (just like most of my other posts) 

This to me makes me gahfaw... I laugh because they would never have survived the Allied side. They would have been gone eons ago. 

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, stankyus said:

This to me makes me gahfaw... I laugh because they would never have survived the Allied side. They would have been gone eons ago. 

or defected to the axis side :)

1 hour ago, Ltarflak said:

As new community manager, I have been asked to be more transparent, this has nothing to do with squads unsubbing etc. I am trying to educate the community to the best of my ability.

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Ltarflak said:

Which squads unsubbed? And they unsubbed for what reason? Cheaters?

5 hours ago, Ltarflak said:

I'd really like to understand you but you need to understand the thread first

BLKHWK8 updated Bierbaers post about GMs busting cheaters with recent data the post is 6 months old, there is no BOOM here we are, this has been an ongoing effort by CRS for years and it was made to inform the playerbase who often get (or create) misinformation.

Not sure what you mean by playing grab ass, please explain, you sound like a very misinformed player and I'd love to show you the light :)

3 people like this

The GM Team is amazing! HUGE props to all of you, truly a thankless job. 

S! 

1 person likes this

2 big Squads unsubbed?  I didn't know we still had big Squads in game . Most I ever see is like 10 players with the same squad tags .

Who were they ?

Changing CP ownership has been done by a GM before. We had a cap bug a few years back and KFS1 changed CP ownership. And yes they can kill you because DOC did it with that annoying red race car lol 

10 hours ago, dre21 said:

2 big Squads unsubbed?  I didn't know we still had big Squads in game . Most I ever see is like 10 players with the same squad tags .

Who were they ?

More unsubstantiated gossip

fake news

14 minutes ago, KMS said:

fake news

afik, no squads unsubed, they defected

16 minutes ago, KMS said:

fake news

KMS , I used to run with the 502 Schwere Panzerabteilung, all German Speaking Squad in members just behind PLD ,none of the 502nd play anymore and only a handful of PLD does.

Matter of fact pretty much hardly anyone speaking German plays anymore.

3rd Panzer was huge only a few of them around. 

SturmGrenadier had hundreds , now none are in game .

So I'm not putting the game down or this is not a diss at the game . I have been with the game long enough ,since 2001 to be all honest and I'm sorry a big squad , what do u define as big ? 

This is a legitimate question just trying to understand.

19 hours ago, dre21 said:

KMS , I used to run with the 502 Schwere Panzerabteilung, all German Speaking Squad in members just behind PLD ,none of the 502nd play anymore and only a handful of PLD does.

Matter of fact pretty much hardly anyone speaking German plays anymore.

3rd Panzer was huge only a few of them around. 

SturmGrenadier had hundreds , now none are in game .

So I'm not putting the game down or this is not a diss at the game . I have been with the game long enough ,since 2001 to be all honest and I'm sorry a big squad , what do u define as big ? 

This is a legitimate question just trying to understand.

Squads come and go, my old 1st Totenkopf squad has scattered to the winds but the 91st has grown immensely in the last 10 years

On 3/23/2018 at 0:17 PM, Ce said:

Changing CP ownership has been done by a GM before. We had a cap bug a few years back and KFS1 changed CP ownership. And yes they can kill you because DOC did it with that annoying red race car lol 

CE, GMs can not change ownership, Rats can but only on a rare occasion that a system anomaly or bug requires it.  Doc was the old guard and things have changed since his departure.

I have trouble even imagining how hard it must be to be a GM, You have to put aside friendship, side loyalty and squad loyalty in order to help the game as a whole. It takes a special kind of person to put the entire player base, and the entire game community ahead of themselves. I respect that more than I can put into words.

I also understand that they have a pretty much thankless job. We live in an era where we have such a level of tech available to us, the people sometimes think that game companies can do pretty much whatever they want, whenever they want to their game or their player base. If we want new stuff, it should be easy. if we see what seems to be a cheater, the game should be able to look at the time, and see that they are right, and just slam the ban hammer down.

Unfortunately, catching someone doing something wrong isn't easy. Add that to the fact that a game company has to have proof positive that a paying customer is breaking the TOS before accusing them or banning them. The TOS are more than a guildeline. remember that it is, in effect a legal contract. You sign it by accepting the terms and conditions, every time you play the game. This means both parties have to follow the rules.  If CRS bans someone, they have to do it right.

Seeing the statistics, I also want to say that It kills me that our game has had to have over 200 bans and over 600 warnings. This is supposed to be a friendly game. The fact that such people have always tried to exploit the game is a major reason why my best friend will not play the game, no matter how much I tell him that it's great. Such behavior costs us current and potential players. Is having higher stats or messing with other people worth that kind of cost?

Here's a BIG THANK YOU to every game mod and forum mod. You are more appreciated by some of us than you know.

S!S!S!S!S!S!S!S!S!S!S!S!

2 people like this

Most players are honest and want to play within the rules. Only a small handful will attempt to play outside the rules.  Mostly they do so because they have a need for someone in the world to see them as the best at something, but knowing themselves that they cheated to do so does not bother them.  For permanent bans, we should have a  wall of shame, with their names posted, so that they are exposed to the game world.  

17 hours ago, BLKHWK8 said:

CE, GMs can not change ownership, Rats can but only on a rare occasion that a system anomaly or bug requires it.  Doc was the old guard and things have changed since his departure.

I miss DOC. People hated him for his outspoken attitude but that was something I liked about him. Him and I had it out a few times but 10 min later we’d be laughing it up. Same with Latham. Ohm is still my favorite. His voice on CinC meetings make me melt 

8 hours ago, Ce said:

I miss DOC. People hated him for his outspoken attitude but that was something I liked about him. Him and I had it out a few times but 10 min later we’d be laughing it up. Same with Latham. Ohm is still my favorite. His voice on CinC meetings make me melt 

Doc and Latham...yeah, let's bring them back.  Let's see if we can get some other psychopaths, too, maybe the leader of the Philippines. 

18 minutes ago, moe5000 said:

Doc and Latham...yeah, let's bring them back.  Let's see if we can get some other psychopaths, too, maybe the leader of the Philippines. 

They weren’t running our life, country or educating my kids. They were blunt D-bags sometimes but knew where I stood in this wonderful online community. 

On 3/25/2018 at 4:52 PM, Quincannon said:

Seeing the statistics, I also want to say that It kills me that our game has had to have over 200 bans and over 600 warnings. This is supposed to be a friendly game. The fact that such people have always tried to exploit the game is a major reason why my best friend will not play the game, no matter how much I tell him that it's great. Such behavior costs us current and potential players. Is having higher stats or messing with other people worth that kind of cost?

I believe some of those warnings were due to clipping/TOS violations etc

On 26/03/2018 at 5:04 AM, BLKHWK8 said:

"...Doc was the old guard and things have changed since his departure..."

Yep, nice change to have people who speak to the players like humans. 

I agree with CE - Ohm is gold. Nicest, and friendliest RAT I've dealt with, and doesn't play popularity games. 

Edited by praevus