BLKHWK8

Game Moderators - Game Conduct

45 posts in this topic

102  Permanent  Bans...

What does warrant a Permanent  Ban... And how many of those perma bans are cheaters or people who exploit bugs?

17 minutes ago, pbveteran said:

102  Permanent  Bans...

What does warrant a Permanent  Ban... And how many of those perma bans are cheaters or people who exploit bugs?

Does it really matter and TBH, anyone who exploits bugs are cheaters.

2 people like this

On 3/30/2018 at 2:07 PM, pbveteran said:

102  Permanent  Bans...

Hacking earns a 2 day ban, we like to think adults can learn from their mistakes

After returning from that ban if they hack again it's a permanent ban because we ain't got time for slow learners

4 people like this

I would like to thank the GMs for the thankless job they do. I can’t imagine how many .reports they go though daily. I also appreciate their attention to this matter. Cheaters can almost singlehandly ruin a attack or defense, and am very happy that they follow up on these reports. I try to look at a players stats prior to reporting them (100 career sorties with a 7 KD ratio with a bolt action..yeah probably getting .reported, 10,000 sorties yeah he’s probably that good and not getting .reported) 

S! GM team, thank you for your transparency on this matter. 

3 people like this

15 hours ago, KMS said:

Hacking earns a 2 day ban, we like to think adults can learn from their mistakes

After returning from that ban if they hack again it's a permanent ban because we ain't got time for slow learners

If you hack in the first place, you should be perma-banned.   Screw 2nd chances for hackers, they have already shown they won't play by the rules. They know what they're doing is wrong, F em. 

16 hours ago, KMS said:

if they hack again it's a permanent ban because we ain't got time for slow learners

OMG....awesome line. Love it.  lol.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, moe5000 said:

If you hack in the first place, you should be perma-banned.   Screw 2nd chances for hackers, they have already shown they won't play by the rules. They know what they're doing is wrong, F em. 

You'd be amazed who was given a "second chance". Most learn their lesson - some don't

19 hours ago, KMS said:

we like to think adults can learn from their mistakes

This entire game exists because of a world event due to the fact that adults can not learn from their mistakes even if you slap them in the face with them.

Makes for good game material :) 

2 hours ago, CHIMM said:

You'd be amazed who was given a "second chance". Most learn their lesson - some don't

I bet we could come up with a list that would be more right than wrong.  And true hackers shouldn't get 2nd chances. 

Edited by lipton

1 hour ago, lipton said:

I bet we could come up with a list that would be more right than wrong.  And true hackers shouldn't get 2nd chances. 

I'd love to see your list. There is OVER 33,000 posts in the GM forums alone ( 8k more posts than the General Discussion forum which is available to everyone).

PM @HICKSEY or @CHIMM your list. I guarantee it will be checked, but understand you won't be aware of the findings.

On 3/30/2018 at 1:48 AM, nily5000 said:

Xoom has lifted my guy up to 1000 ft and drop me with no para shoot!

Its one of his favorite things.  I've had my panzer lifted and dropped by him on occasion.  All in good fun though.  He did it at my CINC change of command and a few other times at ceremonies and such.

Never in game during regular play though.  He'd never mess with somebody's playtime.

VR

Edited by csm308

6 hours ago, lipton said:

Here here!

I think some of the playerbase frustration is some believe nothing is being done about cheaters. I’ve heard several veteran players say “I don’t bother to .report anymore because nothing gets done”. You don’t have to name names but I think a weekly or monthly post saying x# players .reported with x# players banned would go a long way. 

I also believe increasing the timer for side switching may help. 

20 hours ago, moe5000 said:

Couldn't agree more. Baffles me that there is even a 2nd chance here. 

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, CHIMM said:

My recommendation, if you are going to give multiple strikes, you need to force them to change their game name (retire the old name)

2 reasons for this....

1) Punishes the offender. They lose any clout or reputation that they built up as being a "skilled" player.

2) Future .reports are not tainted. It is human nature to always associate the player as a cheat even if he turned clean. If i get killed by someone who we all know has a reputation for cheating, i have to fight the urge to knee jerk report him. 

This would greatly cut down on biased reports!!

I would also recommend that you purge the offenders kills from CSR (at least for current campaign)!!!

Do the GMs have the ability to follow players and see from their POV?

Perhaps posting a short video of the player getting 22 rifle kills in a row at 300+m could be illuminating. 

Second chances are rare ,  Yes we do open our hearts once in a while. For the most part they player will be a good contributor to the community ... on the other side of that coin we do get burned once in awhile and have to reban the player (they will never be allowed back after that). 

I think we have beaten this topic enough and time to move on to a better subject .