Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hateract

SImplify Warping?

8 posts in this topic

Having run more FMS then I can count, warping is a huge mechanic that can either make or break an attack. However those of us know its VERY hard to teach new guys how to warp, especially when you're in the fight, is there a way to simplify warping, or without rage... remove it? One or the other is fine, but right now the mechanic is not favorable to newer players. 

May bear mentioning

Warping is not actually an intended mechanic, it is a flaw if you will in the RTB mechanic
It may not remain in game

1 hour ago, Zebbeee said:

Answer to that:

Only downside of that zeebee, take a tracked vehicle for instance, or a damaged plane
the tank could be right there in town, sitting on the road even.
One could rightfully say that should be fully recoverable to get repaired, it's on a paved road just 100m from the AB.

Or the plane that manages to return to the AF but the engine dies as he is taxiing to the hangar, He is right there but he cant pull up the last 40m into
the hangar anymore, and the game has no truck that pull him in.

Also, consider the guy who pushed an 88 around for 40 min to get it over into the NE quarter of town to defend the town.
Now the attack has been repelled and he did his job, but he will have to push for another near 40 min to get back around town
to where the closest marker is.

Those kinds of things are why the game lets you have a reasonable range to RTB from on main facilities.
Would it be good overall to remove it?
In large towns it could make RTBing very difficult and tedious.

Im not against curbing the warping, it is a flaw, but you could probably do a check against it

14 hours ago, merlin51 said:

May bear mentioning

Warping is not actually an intended mechanic, it is a flaw if you will in the RTB mechanic
It may not remain in game

For the love of heaven I hope it goes. An attacker should have to fight their way into a town to take it. Teleporting inside the defender's defenses is a super pain and completely unrealistic.

Hell I've been playing this game forever and I still don't get which CP is a warpable one and which is not. 

As i understand it. Any cp is warpable so long as you are witbin range wgen you despawn.

1 hour ago, choad said:

As i understand it. Any cp is warpable so long as you are within range when you despawn.

That is it basically, if you own cp, you can warp to it if you are in rtb range of it
even if it isnt linked to supply.

Its more a slight flaw in the rtb mechanic than a feature

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0