• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
choad

Clarification on capping city cp

14 posts in this topic

I have heard that when you cap the city cp it destroys all of the ai in town. However, i have observed this isnt the case ... at least in regards to the ab ai. Can anyone shed light on this, whether it is bad info?

39 minutes ago, choad said:

I have heard that when you cap the city cp it destroys all of the ai in town. However, i have observed this isnt the case ... at least in regards to the ab ai. Can anyone shed light on this, whether it is bad info?

This is not true. The City CP is simply a CP that does not have a spawn building.

50 minutes ago, choad said:

capping a city CP will destroy any AI that belong to the city CP
but not all AI in town belong to the city CP
They also belong to depots, docks, af, army base, production factory if one exists, and any capturable small shops or facilities.

Basically if you can cap it, it can own AI, and only its AI dies when capped.
And not all things will own AI, dont want too much AI

Edited by merlin51

14 hours ago, choad said:

Holy S#!+ that is actually a great idea , tie all the cities AI to the city CP . It would actually make that CP worth something besides the afterthought it is now , or the 1st CP that gets captured cause no one cares.

Also City CP gets recapped AI gets repaired but only if the AI came down cause the CP fell into enemy hands. 

If CP is still in town owners hands but the AI gets blown by  enemy units then it needs to be repaired the way it is now. 

If CP is in enemy hands AI can still be repaired the normal way we have now.

I’d have the city CP control all movement of units in and out of the town, to mitigate JWBS

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, dre21 said:

Holy S#!+ that is actually a great idea , tie all the cities AI to the city CP . It would actually make that CP worth something besides the afterthought it is now , or the 1st CP that gets captured cause no one cares.

So you want your AB and AF AI to pack it in and walk out because someone capped a non military office on 37th st?
Shore gunners go on vacation?

It would be an interesting dynamic anyhow. I mean, i consider ai an annoyance and not a game changer so it  wouldnt be hugely impactful but would place some significance on that cp at least.

Maybe all ai ourside of ab/af.

3 hours ago, merlin51 said:

So you want your AB and AF AI to pack it in and walk out because someone capped a non military office on 37th st?
Shore gunners go on vacation?

I said city not AB ,AF or Navy docks .

So all AI towers and ATG pits that are tied to capturable CPs. Is that better? 

8 minutes ago, dre21 said:

I said city not AB ,AF or Navy docks .

So all AI towers and ATG pits that are tied to capturable CPs. Is that better? 

They all already are owned by a capturable CP
If you see an AI gun of any sort, it is owned by something that has a capture building.
And already works that if you take that building the AI it owns dies.

So if you capture the city CP, any AI it owns dies, but the ATG down the road in the bushes might not belong to the City
It may belong to a depot, or the ab/af/docks, or  factory, or train station, whatever the town has that is capturable.

It's not that hard to understand or is it?

City controls all AI belonging to CPs in town , besides AB AI , Dock AI and AF AI.

Yes if you cap a CP it will take down that AI that belongs to said CP . You take down City CP it will take down all the CPs AI , simple enough or not ? 

It will  make city  CP actually a pretty important CP cause capping that will take down all the cities AI , besides AI in the AB and Docks or AF , I'm just repeating myself here so you are really understanding where I'm getting at.

Sorry if this is repetitive  but I have been playing this game since 2001 , I know how it works . It's just irritating to me how you wrote this .

I'm trying to give the City CP an actual meaning in game . Besides just an afterthought that needs to be capped in a City battle. 

I hope I explained it good enough for you.

The city cp used to link all AI.   At the time 'everyone' lobbied to change it because it was 'gamey' that all AI would drop with the capture of one cp.

I would be very much against having a mechanic that shuts down AI if a particular CP is capped in addition to linking all AI to the City CP.
One thought that hasn't really been mentioned is the gameyness of the way that the City CP would wind up being played out. People would sind using the City CP as bait to rack up kills.

Process: sneak into town and cap the City CP. It shuts down all the AI. Then run out and set up a crossfire. Kill everyone trying to recap the City CP. If they DO recap, rinse and repeat. The idea here is to keep the AI knocked out and to rack up kills on people trying to recap; instead of trying to cap and hold the CP, which SHOULD be the idea.

If we want to make the City CP important, I would recommend requiring a side to possess the City CP in order to cap the Docks, AF or AB. This would make it a primary target.

27 minutes ago, Quincannon said:

I would be very much against having a mechanic that shuts down AI if a particular CP is capped in addition to linking all AI to the City CP.
One thought that hasn't really been mentioned is the gameyness of the way that the City CP would wind up being played out. People would sind using the City CP as bait to rack up kills.

Process: sneak into town and cap the City CP. It shuts down all the AI. Then run out and set up a crossfire. Kill everyone trying to recap the City CP. If they DO recap, rinse and repeat. The idea here is to keep the AI knocked out and to rack up kills on people trying to recap; instead of trying to cap and hold the CP, which SHOULD be the idea.

If we want to make the City CP important, I would recommend requiring a side to possess the City CP in order to cap the Docks, AF or AB. This would make it a primary target.

The crossfire idea how well does that work out now with captured spawn able CPs? Just asking for a friend. 

I highly doubt having the  cities AI being knocked out by capping the city AI would be a great game changer. 

You kinda contradict yourself too , for the AI tied to city it's a horrible idea but being linked to the AB , AF or Docks it's a great idea , how would that be any different, would the one side not cap City and then set up crossfire to stop the other side from recapping and with that a certain the AB , AF ,Dock is open for business? 

How about it would knock out the Cities AI , but you can just rebuild as you see fit without having to recap City 1st? 

It would give both sides a goal . Defenders can either rebuilt one by one or recap and get everything back online in one swoop, Attackers can take out AI one by one or cap City and take out AI in one swoop.