• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tac2i

Day 36: At Day 0 Percentages

9 posts in this topic

Not sure what it says about recent cap timer changes (and other recent changes) but I observe that on Day 36 of this campaign we are at Day 0 town percentages: 55% allied and 45% axis.

Edited by tac2i
mention other changes

I think it says more about how the Allies are fighting than anything else.  Having been involved in the past couple of campaigns (along with being a day 1 player), I would say the Allied High Command is making a significantly improved effort to let Allied troops know what is needed, and how to go about it, during the current campaign.  I cannot speak for the german side, as I do not play that side, but assuming they haven't lessened in skill level, the improved play on the Allied side would seem to be the most logical reason for the current state of the map.

S!

We have had some swings back in forth in the map, and its working well with large scale battles and teamwork.

1 person likes this

Big question is: at Day 72 will these percentages still be approximately the same? If they are, what will be the mood of the playerbase regarding a potential stalemate? Will the morale of one side take a hit for one reason or another and start the other side on the road to a map win? Time will tell...

I'm not sure how relevant this is without comparing days 0-35. 

I've said before and shall again, I feel it's the best campaign that we've had in a long time.

Well, too much supply is an issue; especially bringing on another division and increasing the spawn list size these later tiers.

web map shows some 5000 kills per day.

But I count about 30,000 infantry just on axis side, plus another 10,000 tanks, AA and ATG. (this doesn't include navy or air!)

And, those kills are from both sides.

So, you have 5000 kills going on per day, out of 80,000 units between the 2 sides.

It's impossible to attrit.

Allowing underpop to recap with 1 person in 2.5 min; while overpop can only capture in 3 min with 8 people is basically impossible too.

Hence, map not going to move.

Glad some of you like it, like I said before, this is the last map of the game... enjoy it; because it won't end.

Edited by delems

29 minutes ago, delems said:

Well, too much supply is an issue; especially bringing on another division and increasing the spawn list size these later tiers.

web map shows some 5000 kills per day.

But I count about 30,000 infantry just on axis side, plus another 10,000 tanks, AA and ATG. (this doesn't include navy or air!)

And, those kills are from both sides.

So, you have 5000 kills going on per day, out of 80,000 units between the 2 sides.

It's impossible to attrit.

Allowing underpop to recap with 1 person in 2.5 min; while overpop can only capture in 3 min with 8 people is basically impossible too.

Hence, map not going to move.

Glad some of you like it, like I said before, this is the last map of the game... enjoy it; because it won't end.

The map has attrition, just because there are 80k units available on the map, does not account for the timers to bring fresh units to the area attritted. You then have the 60 min timer to.have the fresh flag rebuild.supply. 

And that is only if you pull a division to the suffering area and leave a weak spot in the line to get exploited.

The map has moved, maybe not steamrolled, we have had less cut offs and softcaps, and more larger drawn out battles. 

New tactics have started to pop up as well as everyone is adjusting to the new mechanics.

Move times, trickle times all mean nothing.

Each side attrits no more than 3/4 of one division per day. (average across the 24 hours)

Even if you presume that all 5000 kills come within a 12 hour window (the other 12 hour being low pop very few kills), then each side might attrit 1.25 divisions, and yes - might need to move a single flag to cover.

This presumes, of course, the AO stays up at that one town for 12 hours.  Do you remember the last 12 hour active AO?

Attrition does not exist currently.

Edited by delems

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0