• Announcements

• BLKHWK8

Squad vs Squad Battle for Notre Dame Postponed   08/03/2018

The event for this weekend will be postponed... We have not been able to get a solid commitment to run the event. I will be posting a poll to select a better date and time. Poll:    Welcome back our Squad vs Squad events. Please check out the forum post here   
madrebel

isn't that a king tiger?

34 posts in this topic

How come nobody has mentioned this yet? I was just at the indie gogo page about to close it after chippin in my support and i said ... you know i probably already know everything from this video but what the hell, matt has a sexy voice lets give it a go.

then it dawned on me ... so Matt is standing in front of a chroma keyed background where it appears a backdrop using in game models has been constructed. right? everyone agree those buildings, dragon teeth, infantry model ... wait wtf that's a king tiger? right off Matt's right elbow is a [censored] king tiger. right? i'm not a ground weapon expert but that's a king tiger. let's not stop there though, upper shelf second tank from the left ... wtf is that? wait [censored] the tank, that's an A6M ... idk can't tell subtype but that is most certainly a zero. oh wait, middle of the planes that's an IL2 is it not? right next to it is a P51D .. at least D15 since it's in invasion stripes dress. oh i just now saw the rocket artillery beneath the IL2 and what is that tank destroyer on the far right? looks like a hetzer to me. 

how did nobody see this yet or did i miss the conversation? nice teasers for sure. 

I don't think those were meant to be teasers, and I suspect they are just stock models in some shoot your own video background software.

Nice poly count, smooth edges, and then you see the actual game being played in the mini screen and it's night and day.

I certainly hope those tank and plane graphics weren't put there to suggest this game has them or will have them.

thse look like renderings of models produced from the engine we have. look at the texture palletes, they didn't just pull those from some stock stuff. that looks like it was captured from our engine. 100% those models aren't functional, but built ... idk scotsman has been dropping hints. i do know he a long time ago set about to use a 3d scanner to get models built ... idk man. that looks like ww2ol rendered models to me though. 

*edit* the IL2 and mustang at the top especially 100% those were rendered via unity 1.0. 

Edited by madrebel

Maybe so, maybe not, but they're not in the actual working version of the game, and that makes it vaporware.

They've been selling vaporware here for many years.

really? you're just gunna look for every opportunity to take a [censored]? get out of here with that.

p-sure the tank upper far right is the jagdpanzer4 now. gun isn't long enough to be a jagdpanther and it can't be a hetzer as its a center mounted gun. its also a variant of an in game model btw ... how's your vaporware meter now punk?

*edit* p.s. a variant with a december 43 production date ... which just barely fits game criteria. in theory, this model could fit the game we have without a new tier4. just sayin ... if you wanted to rebalance tier3 you'd need something other than the tiger to do it right.

Edited by madrebel
1 person likes this

Even if it is a King Tiger, the panny and DAC will still kill it; along with tier 0 ATGs....  So what's the big deal?

One more paper panzer, don't change paper panzers.

Edited by delems
1 person likes this

It's still going off, because there are no rocket trucks, no P51s, no Russian anything, no King Tigers, no good looking buildings like those... Shall I go on?

If they used their own models, then this is a misleading video. The version one gets when they pay money is NOT going to look like that.

They are at least two years away from that sort of change.

Got to get over the "Mac User Exodus" first.

41 minutes ago, delems said:

Even if it is a King Tiger, the panny and DAC will still kill it; along with tier 0 ATGs....  So what's the big deal?

LMAO funny

2 hours ago, madrebel said:

right next to it is a P51D .. at least D15 since it's in invasion stripes dress.

Nahhh...  They were still flying B and C models in June of '44, so it could be any early run of the 'Stang D.  Check the MACR (accident reports) and you have D5s, with the 8th AF, written up far into '45.  As an example, 44-11156 (356th FG, 360th FS) crashed north of Strasburg, Germany, on 1 March 1945 (MACR 12826).

-Irish

Here is my theory which is almost certainly wrong.

They are partial models that were otw with Rapid Assault, but were left incomplete when it fell through. Perhaps they were going to mount Pacific and eastern front scenarios in that game.

One wonders how much of that game is transferable here. I like the trees getting run over (3:00 mk).

Edited by biggles4

1 hour ago, delems said:

If you let the panhard or DAC drive up close enough to aim down on the hull deck. yea you might get popped.
panny and the DAC are T0 atg's

Pushed 2PDR is kind of meh cause it's working solely off spall, it cant quite get through the lower hull and i think is too shallow for spall anywhere else
Not much leeway with it

MLE 1937 is the one you need to worry about, at 500m it will go right through 60mm
and if you can close under 200m it can work it's way through 80mm if the angle is really good.
So dont let it near your flanks.

6 hours ago, delems said:

you don't tank so wtf do you know...

8 hours ago, merlin51 said:

If you let the panhard or DAC drive up close enough to aim down on the hull deck. yea you might get popped.
panny and the DAC are T0 atg's

Pushed 2PDR is kind of meh cause it's working solely off spall, it cant quite get through the lower hull and i think is too shallow for spall anywhere else
Not much leeway with it

MLE 1937 is the one you need to worry about, at 500m it will go right through 60mm
and if you can close under 200m it can work it's way through 80mm if the angle is really good.
So dont let it near your flanks.

Cough cough , Merlin they usually do not drive up to you but glide up to you so u can't hear them at all that's what p I ss es most Axis Tankers off . 

If they have the engine on , Panzer has Commander unbottened and manned then sure Pan and Dac usually get smoked , it's just like the Morris towing an 17pounder and silently glide into pos.

I don't see that happening with a HT and an 88 do you? 

Edited by dre21
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, dre21 said:

it's just like the Morris towing an 17pounder and silently glide into pos.

hehehehe.. 17pdrs can roll into position outside of 1.5k for flanking shots with out the need to glide.  However if you are dying to Flyer13/14 under 1.5k... nah he most likely was already there.  Hes in AEF and friggen awesome ATG ambush guy.. its pretty funny to watch at times too. Same thing with the 88... HOWEVER the HT.. OMG I swear I can hear it past 1.5k. Its ridiculous. I happy for it though cause I be allieds.  The sneaky little beotch is the Pak36.  Just recently I had a 3" ambush position, my squaddies had a FMS for a Southern DFMS to kill incoming - same place Tormented did his Tiger mission he posted, same day just earlier.  A Opel towing one ran further S of us with a towed pak36.  The guys went after them but where too late but not 20 minutes later after a few ETs kills, Opels and SPAA.. BAM, pak36 behind me 100'.  Sneaky little punk.  Even Canuk got hs S76 wtf punked by one that day being all sneaky.

2 hours ago, dre21 said:

Cough cough , Merlin they usually do not drive up to you but glide up to you so u can't hear them at all that's what p I ss es most Axis Tankers off . 

If they have the engine on , Panzer has Commander unbottened and manned then sure Pan and Dac usually get smoked , it's just like the Morris towing an 17pounder and silently glide into pos.

No lol, but i did watch the phantom 232 doing the glide thing last night, scared the crap out of me, crouching behind a bush and suddenly whirrrrrrrr, tire noise.
He rolled on for a long ways, luckily he was on my side cause he ran over me.
Drag or Friction does need a look see with how it pertains to wheeled units, tracks seem to do ok in that aspect.

Looks like an a6m2 but seeing all of those that did get me excited for the very very longterm of this game.

11 hours ago, odonovan1 said:

Nahhh...  They were still flying B and C models in June of '44, so it could be any early run of the 'Stang D.  Check the MACR (accident reports) and you have D5s, with the 8th AF, written up far into '45.  As an example, 44-11156 (356th FG, 360th FS) crashed north of Strasburg, Germany, on 1 March 1945 (MACR 12826).

there were 109G2 loss reports in 45, 190A5, etc etc as well that wouldn't make them contemporary production. contemporary woulda been D5 you're right sorry but it almost 100% isn't a B/C as those would be wearing full blue paint if they also had stripes not the invasion stripes and polished aluminum finish. Yellow nose should be the 361rst FG if i recall correctly. 

29 minutes ago, fufubear1f said:

Looks like an a6m2 but seeing all of those that did get me excited for the very very longterm of this game.

^^ recent models added to the game right, clearly this team CAN make models. we really don't know what they may have already in the way of textured early non rigged test models. Run some searches, scotsman over the years and recently has posted many untextured models. its not rocket science to texture as i understand compared to rigging the model in creator. i choose to be positive about the future potential based on recent actual delivered results. a pj4 would be interesting. 

Edited by madrebel

Omg xoomster spent all your money on toy models and his ESPN broadcast studio!

1 person likes this

@XOOM

Would like to know it too.. I don't think he would take 3D models from other games with risking to have copyright issues.

Scotsman has told us many times that he's got dozens of weapon and object models on hand, just waiting for processing in Creator.

A simple illustration of a weapon doesn't require that the model be game-functional. It only requires that it be renderable. All of the raw models Scotsman has would be capable of that.

This is a tempest in a teapot.

What Jwilly said.  Just about everything asked for in the forums, Scotsman has comeback and said that the model is done with very few exceptions.. The latest one I ran across in the hangar was that the Guppy model was done.