Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
waldojr

For those playign with 4k monitors and T.V's using Nvidia card.

8 posts in this topic

I have found these settings to be the most graphically pleasing with the best performance.  If you fly you will find it easier to hit your targets if you play at 1080p.  The latest Nvidia drivers improved the game's performance by 16% on my card, so keep updating and use DDU, display driver uninstaller, between installs.   if you use more than one monitor and or have more than one video card such as the ones on your CPU and then a discrete graphics card check your motherboard settings for shared memory options and/or settings to allow you to plug into the HDMI port on your integrated graphics but your discrete graphics does all the processing.  Changing these settings then testing them and you will solve most of your problems.   I have to have a large memory pool and turn on support for my Intel HD graphics card or when I alt-tab the second monitor gets resized even though both are plugged into the Nvidia card.   If you use a T.V. check your display settings to see if it is normal, wide angle, or on zoom as this will affect the game differently than when watching full-screen movies or surfing the net.   Also, when I alt-tab to another window my screen will sometimes only display 1/4 of my screen in a random corner of my TV when I have the resolution of the game set different than my desktop.  The only solution to this is keeping the two resolution the same or just alt-tab until it corrects itself.  So when I want to fly I change everything to 1920x1080 and I receive no errors.  Remember technology is a mix of different languages, codes, and the equipment is not made the same so there is no one setting you can do to have everything on your computer to work the same.  

Here are some of the setting on my MSI motherboard that has helped me stabilize my gameplay,

Integrated Graphics Share Memory [2048M]
Selects a fixed amount of system memory allocated to the onboard graphics. This item will appear when IGD Multi-Monitor is enabled.          

IGD Multi-Monitor
Enables or disables the multi-screen output from integrated graphics and external graphics card. This item appears when Initiate Graphic Adapter set to PEG.
[Enabled]   

Enables multi-screen function for both integrated and external graphics cards.                                                                                                                                                                                                         
[Enabled]                                                                                                 

euNMcik.png

I have not found a difference on my computer as it is fast enough so I keep shader cache turned off. 

2 hours ago, MikeAZ said:

your monitor is a tv screen?

Mine is
Cheap way to get a 36" monitor
Craigs list is full of cheap/free sub 40" lcd tv's

7 hours ago, MikeAZ said:

your monitor is a tv screen?

I have a 43" Sony Bravia X800D T.V. as my main display and an Asus 24" 1080p monitor for my second.  If you use a T.V. be suer to select game mode as most t.v. have it.  It removes and special effects the T.V. does to give you the lowest latency in reporting your image.   

https://www.sony.com/electronics/televisions/xbr-x800d-series

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, merlin51 said:

Mine is
Cheap way to get a 36" monitor
Craigs list is full of cheap/free sub 40" lcd tv's

no wonder I die all the time.

14 hours ago, waldojr said:

I have a 43" Sony Bravia X800D T.V. as my main display and an Asus 24" 1080p monitor for my second.  If you use a T.V. be suer to select game mode as most t.v. have it.  It removes and special effects the T.V. does to give you the lowest latency in reporting your image.   

https://www.sony.com/electronics/televisions/xbr-x800d-series

when I try to do stuff like that I break things.

Where do you turn it off? In the TV's menu? In the video controller software? Details man details.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, MikeAZ said:

no wonder I die all the time.

36" lcd
run game at 1366X768 (sub HD rez nearly any cheap EDTV LCD can do)
MikeAZ is approximately 6" tall in game @ 100m
how can one miss?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0