• Announcements

    • HEAVY265

      Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

      Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
XOOM

Feedback: Fortified Mobile Spawn

86 posts in this topic

yea, but the more you hard add to the FMS itself, the more you limit its placement cause of solid attached bits.
Some places that wont matter, but others it will.
You are right, someone will have to place it, but the trade off is you get choice in the matter and less limits on where you initially place it.

Suppose you could do 2 FMS types, one with hard attached and one where you choose.

I would like more bushes attached to the FMS, that would help a lot i think with being easily noticeable, at least to the point when
you start seeing a line of little guys magically springing to life from a bush, then the jig is up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2018 at 7:54 PM, XOOM said:

Maximize the number of placements within the campaign?

Everyone thinks 1-4 (both sides combined )is enough :-/

Edited by major0noob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe make it more resistant to bombs and Limit the number of ATGs to 1 that can spawn.

Other than that it can't really be improved more than what has already been done, if you don't like the rear open door go engineer and add a PPO.

 

The concept can still be very frustating because of truck audio, I wish we had a hybrid FMS that could be placed by infantry with limit supply and no ATG and to add more supply and level the FMS you would bring a truck and despawn near it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, merlin51 said:

yea, but the more you hard add to the FMS itself, the more you limit its placement cause of solid attached bits.
Some places that wont matter, but others it will.
You are right, someone will have to place it, but the trade off is you get choice in the matter and less limits on where you initially place it.

Suppose you could do 2 FMS types, one with hard attached and one where you choose.

I would like more bushes attached to the FMS, that would help a lot i think with being easily noticeable, at least to the point when
you start seeing a line of little guys magically springing to life from a bush, then the jig is up. 

Exactly, which is why you should have the ability to customize the FMS with interlocking pieces so you better fit the terrain.  Ultimately my hopes are that the games direction is going to head toward construction of fbs and more items that allow you set up better town defensive structures. Especially in light of the New HE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dfiire said:

Have you seen the walls that were built around several axis towns this campaign? Those were very useful for defense. 

Yes, I think the potential shown would be much more immersive with more realistic fortifications.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, major0noob said:

@XOOM you should ask the guys in game... Instead

Be more careful @major0noob, being disrespectful to CRS AND to the forum guys as a free to play will bring everyone to ignore you or, worse, make debates moved to premium forums only.

that being said, ingame polls would be welcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Quincannon said:

I have always felt this design needed some wort of rear wall.

Let me get this straight... This FMS is being intercepted left and right, due in large part to the truck issue, yet when one does get set, you want it to be destroyed by a single grenade? Are you kidding me? If they did that, who in their right mind would go to the trouble to set up an FMS? It winds up coming down to risk versus reward.... Right now the carrot is almost nonexistent, and you're talking about getting rid of it altogether?

If we make FMSs destroyable by one mere grenade, we will play hob trying to get anyone to set them up.

A grenade, thrown into the unit, should kill it. 

If we don’t want infantry throwing Grenades into our FMS, we should defend them. At the moment, it’s the same issue that prevents FBs being the trigger for real combat - the satchel mechanism is built on a feeble, rifle-only infantryman getting so close to actually place the satchel on the tent.

This dissuades PvP, full on assault tactics. You can’t rush a FB or FMS, because riflemen are too weak, too vulnerable, not offensive enough. If it were changed so that the fight over a FMS could be a battle in and of itself, we’d have more PvP and a better game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been ignored about the FMS issues even as a premium sub. No matter how obvious the problems were.

 

Got people here talking about lego FMS'S outta nowhere when there's been extinction level event... It's not only been ignored but blamed on the people that unsubbed for not playing the game like it's work.

 

Besides, only fans go to game forums. They're safe-spaces for circlejerking.

 

I don't know how or why people like the game with only 1 FMS 1km away (on the entire map), but they defended it like mad. Ya'll need a healthy dose of reality.

players with nothing to do will unsub. Blame their efforts and skill all you want, they're gone. Their money, the guys to shoot, the guys to play with, and argue with. All gone from a obvious problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Silky said:

A grenade, thrown into the unit, should kill it. 

If we don’t want infantry throwing Grenades into our FMS, we should defend them. At the moment, it’s the same issue that prevents FBs being the trigger for real combat - the satchel mechanism is built on a feeble, rifle-only infantryman getting so close to actually place the satchel on the tent.

This dissuades PvP, full on assault tactics. You can’t rush a FB or FMS, because riflemen are too weak, too vulnerable, not offensive enough. If it were changed so that the fight over a FMS could be a battle in and of itself, we’d have more PvP and a better game 

Again... Answer my question... WHY in the world would I ever spend the 20 minutes plus to set up an FMS if one grenade can kill it? Where is the reward versus the risk?

I understand battles over towns. I understand battles over FBs. But it seems like what you're saying here is that you think that every single spawn should be a battle. Why in the world would people want to have a large battle over each single spawn when the main target is either the town or the FB?

I don't quite understand your statement about FB attacks. I would understand if FBs were changed so that they could be destroyed by combined forces, such as atgs,. tanks, and infantry. I'm not sure how that directly affects the FMS. I DO know that if an FMS can be killed by one single grenade, that I don't know if it's worth all the trouble of setting up and then defending it.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quincannon said:

Again... Answer my question... WHY in the world would I ever spend the 20 minutes plus to set up an FMS if one grenade can kill it? Where is the reward versus the risk?

I understand battles over towns. I understand battles over FBs. But it seems like what you're saying here is that you think that every single spawn should be a battle. Why in the world would people want to have a large battle over each single spawn when the main target is either the town or the FB?

I don't quite understand your statement about FB attacks. I would understand if FBs were changed so that they could be destroyed by combined forces, such as atgs,. tanks, and infantry. I'm not sure how that directly affects the FMS. I DO know that if an FMS can be killed by one single grenade, that I don't know if it's worth all the trouble of setting up and then defending it.



 

You’d spend 10 minutes (let’s not exaggerate here) setting up a FMS because they’re the way to get troops into a town. You’d then care enough about it to defend it, because a FMS in place is valuable. You’d defend it because you’d know that it was likely to attract infantry that it’s fun to engage and kill 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Silky said:

You’d spend 10 minutes (let’s not exaggerate here) setting up a FMS because they’re the way to get troops into a town. You’d then care enough about it to defend it, because a FMS in place is valuable. You’d defend it because you’d know that it was likely to attract infantry that it’s fun to engage and kill 

1. Depends on the distance to town, and how hard it is to find a spot to set up. (I do not have a single town memorized and am unlikely to do so in the future). It usually takes me about 20 minutes from spawn in the truck to sett up and respawn.

2. If an FMS could be killed with one single grenade, I personally would hand it off to anyone who would take it and start running in another one because I KNOW it won't last long.

3. Not MY motivation for playing. I like Blowing things up and repairing things. Straight up combat? I lose every single time and do not really enjoy that.

It's true that if I had to, I could try to defend an FMS, but it's kind of like trying to defend  a FB and I have never been very successful at that, either. I usually just get shot over and over again by snipers that I can't find.

I run an FMS to get a spawn point up for our side. I usually do  defensive ones, and a good part of that is because they are supposed to help enhance defenses. If they aren't going to be a decent defensive position, I'd rather help repair AI than waste my time. It would be like trying to defend a FRU, which I never felt could be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Quincannon said:

1. Depends on the distance to town, and how hard it is to find a spot to set up. (I do not have a single town memorized and am unlikely to do so in the future). It usually takes me about 20 minutes from spawn in the truck to sett up and respawn.

2. If an FMS could be killed with one single grenade, I personally would hand it off to anyone who would take it and start running in another one because I KNOW it won't last long.

3. Not MY motivation for playing. I like Blowing things up and repairing things. Straight up combat? I lose every single time and do not really enjoy that.

It's true that if I had to, I could try to defend an FMS, but it's kind of like trying to defend  a FB and I have never been very successful at that, either. I usually just get shot over and over again by snipers that I can't find.

I run an FMS to get a spawn point up for our side. I usually do  defensive ones, and a good part of that is because they are supposed to help enhance defenses. If they aren't going to be a decent defensive position, I'd rather help repair AI than waste my time. It would be like trying to defend a FRU, which I never felt could be done.

Whilst not dismissing your opinion, I think it’s important to put your play style - one where combat or PvP isn’t what you’re most looking for - into a minority context 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Silky said:

Whilst not dismissing your opinion, I think it’s important to put your play style - one where combat or PvP isn’t what you’re most looking for - into a minority context 

The fact that combat is not my personal motivation doesn't change the fact that if I KNOW that any FMS I put up is going down from one shot (grenade), then it's not worth putting a whole lot of effort into trying to defend it. As the FMS is now, it can take damage. It can serve as a defensive PPO. THAT I will be willing to defend. Why? Because it's worth the effort. I cannot be the only one who would feel that the change you suggest would  make FMS defense a waste of time and effort; which, in my opinion, would be the exact opposite of what a FORTIFIED Mobile spawn should be. Right now, as hard as an FMS can be to defend...I will make the effort, because the FMS is tough enough to hold up.

Heck, the funny part, if one thinks about it, is that by making it a one grenade kill, your suggestion would actually harm your stated intent: that of making FMSs small scale battles that require combined arms. I actually wish that they had not made it so that the FMS can only be destroyed by satchels,

But I think the biggest problem is that they get found and camped waay too quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Quincannon said:

The fact that combat is not my personal motivation doesn't change the fact that if I KNOW that any FMS I put up is going down from one shot (grenade), then it's not worth putting a whole lot of effort into trying to defend it. As the FMS is now, it can take damage. It can serve as a defensive PPO. THAT I will be willing to defend. Why? Because it's worth the effort. I cannot be the only one who would feel that the change you suggest would  make FMS defense a waste of time and effort; which, in my opinion, would be the exact opposite of what a FORTIFIED Mobile spawn should be. Right now, as hard as an FMS can be to defend...I will make the effort, because the FMS is tough enough to hold up.

Heck, the funny part, if one thinks about it, is that by making it a one grenade kill, your suggestion would actually harm your stated intent: that of making FMSs small scale battles that require combined arms. I actually wish that they had not made it so that the FMS can only be destroyed by satchels,

But I think the biggest problem is that they get found and camped waay too quickly.

I'm suggesting a grenade thrown into the unit, which requires an infantryman to get to about 20m of the FMS and then to accurately throw the grenade. That's very different from the old FRU or UMS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Silky said:

I'm suggesting a grenade thrown into the unit, which requires an infantryman to get to about 20m of the FMS and then to accurately throw the grenade. That's very different from the old FRU or UMS

If you allow a hand thrown grenade, then logic says a grenadier is better. The same logic says that if an HE explosion inside will kill it, then a Bazooka/Piat/Panzerschrek could do it as well. And What about a well aimed tank shot?

I still do not understand how having one grenade kill it is really much better than satchels. In fact, requiring satchels makes more sense (demolitions on a fortification), and requires just as much combined arms teamwork.

I was not talking about the old spawn or the city spawn. Not sure why they are relevant here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Quincannon said:

If you allow a hand thrown grenade, then logic says a grenadier is better. The same logic says that if an HE explosion inside will kill it, then a Bazooka/Piat/Panzerschrek could do it as well. And What about a well aimed tank shot?

I still do not understand how having one grenade kill it is really much better than satchels. In fact, requiring satchels makes more sense (demolitions on a fortification), and requires just as much combined arms teamwork.

I was not talking about the old spawn or the city spawn. Not sure why they are relevant here.

I’d agree about HE. The damage model should allow for high explosives to destroy the FMS, as this is a game that sells itself to a large part on realism.

 

The structural design, however, should balance the sim/realism so that armour or AT infantry cannot easily destroy the FMS from distance. A bazooka should blow the sandbag near sky high, but the soldier should have to get so close that the destruction represents a gross failure to defend the FMS. The same rules should apply to armour or air. Yes, a tank or bomb will blow the camp to smithereens but only from the rear and require such precision that it cannot easily be achieved if engaged in combat  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really think that all fms should be able to spawn upgraded atgs and later AA guns every tier. Perhaps one tier down from the current tier. Say 2lbrs to 6lbrs, pak36s to pak38s. The bigger atgs are just too unbalancing I believe.

Hardly ANYONE brings atgs with their FMS unless they have multiple accounts. A fms can quickly be found and suppressed (allied for camped) even if a tier 0 atg spawns and trys to defend it.  Has anyone tried spawning a  25mm french atg against 4gs and tigers camping the fms?

Unfortunately the pak36 with its fantasy rounds can and does one shot shermans frontally all the time - but that's for another discussion.

We WANT combined arms but atm we don't have the server pop to make it happen. The FMS should have the ability to spawn an atg facing the way the spawn has been oriented, but allow them to move out and make a real ZOC.

Remember the FMS is supposed to be a FORTIFYED Mobile spawn...not just an inf factory churning out ants running to the spawn. FMS should have the ability to add on HMG pits with a long build time of course. 

 

Thoughts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, droptow said:

I really think that all fms should be able to spawn upgraded atgs and later AA guns every tier. Perhaps one tier down from the current tier. Say 2lbrs to 6lbrs, pak36s to pak38s. The bigger atgs are just too unbalancing I believe.

Hardly ANYONE brings atgs with their FMS unless they have multiple accounts. A fms can quickly be found and suppressed (allied for camped) even if a tier 0 atg spawns and trys to defend it.  Has anyone tried spawning a  25mm french atg against 4gs and tigers camping the fms?

Unfortunately the pak36 with its fantasy rounds can and does one shot shermans frontally all the time - but that's for another discussion.

We WANT combined arms but atm we don't have the server pop to make it happen. The FMS should have the ability to spawn an atg facing the way the spawn has been oriented, but allow them to move out and make a real ZOC.

Remember the FMS is supposed to be a FORTIFYED Mobile spawn...not just an inf factory churning out ants running to the spawn. FMS should have the ability to add on HMG pits with a long build time of course. 

 

Thoughts?

 

Love yah drop, however medium atgs at the FMS are just a recipe for disaster to the tanking game.  We have rpats, sappers and light atgs. The pak36 is uberized, it's a sham and completely forgets the mle34 from being uberized also, but like you said that's another thread. The 57mm and pak38 are completely different stories. We already know how rpats appearing inside the zoc with the MS, they won't need it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, stankyus said:

Love yah drop, however medium atgs at the FMS are just a recipe for disaster to the tanking game.  We have rpats, sappers and light atgs. 

 

Agree 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still say let the Trucks set more then one FMS per run , it keep the attack going even as one FMS is found , camping them will be so much harder , 

Even for the defenders being to able to set more then 1 FMS per run would benefit them greatly  .

Also the coasting needs to be addressed . 

 

 

Edited by dre21
Needed to add to it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dre21 said:

I still say let the Trucks set more then one FMS per run , it keep the attack going even as one FMS is found , camping them will be so much harder , 

Even for the defenders being to able to set more then 1 FMS per run would benefit them greatly  .

 

 

Thats an interesting idea........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Facts said in this post

Present FMS are difficult to place because trucks are easily traced.

Blowing or camping the present FMs is easy so when destroyed or closed then you can't spawn close to action anymore

---------------

What About using a tree branch system like the one below?

330qzqr.jpg

 

Using a Truck from FB you can create an Advanced FB. We would be a new design, something similar to this pointed before.

jxg4.jpg

 

Same rules to this AFB than now with the FMS:

- you need a truck to place it.

- Once placed you can spawn Inf and light AT, AAS.

- Can't be placed closer than X meters to enemy facilities

- HARDER to destroy.

- but you don't need to get so close to the AO. That means that they would be easier to place and defend.

 

IF you  spawn an ENGINEER of maybe ML at this AFB, you can place the present FMS with different rules than now.

- You can only spawn inf at them

- then can't be closer than X meters to enemy facilities but also no more than X meters away from the AFB

- some building than now. This way it won't be such a ninja thing than the previous inf placed MS. Its is bigger and so more difficult to concealed.

 

This way.:

AFB would be easier to place and more difficult to destroy.

You could probably be able to place FMS closer than nowadays because you are going to use inf to place them. this FMs won't be a ninja thing because it can't be placed far away from the AFB and because it is bigger and easier to spoteed.

IF the FMS is blown or closed because it is camped, you don't fall back al the way to the FB but to the AFB. The attack can't go on.

You can even allow more than one FMS to be placed from one AFB.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let transport planes para drop:

1. A Mobile spawn.

2. A single ATG (excluding the 88mm).

3. A single AA gun.

This helps the battle and makes flying even more interesting to players since anyone can fly a transport plane with very little experience needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sudden said:

Let transport planes para drop:

1. A Mobile spawn.

2. A single ATG (excluding the 88mm).

3. A single AA gun.

I am wondering?

When you look up and see one of these about to land on you, do we at least get to scream before we die?

I remember fighting at Dinant once and we were out by the base of the rock formation, and i looked up
and there was an opel and pak36.
I died, i dont even remember getting to scream :( 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.