Sudden

The Greatest Idea Ever!

12 posts in this topic

Shorten the cap timers a little ....

then....

...Raise the bunker hot timer to 20min.

Guaranteed fun, guaranteed good battles.

All your problems are solved now, good night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sudden said:

Shorten the cap timers a little ....

then....

...Raise the bunker hot timer to 20min.

Guaranteed fun, guaranteed good battles.

All your problems are solved now, good night.

Shorten the cap timers a little .... - Yes

...Raise the bunker hot timer to 20min. - No 10 min is fine

Guaranteed fun, guaranteed good battles. - Yes

All your problems are solved now, good night. - maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bmw said:

Shorten the cap timers a little .... - Yes

...Raise the bunker hot timer to 20min. - No 10 min is fine

Guaranteed fun, guaranteed good battles. - Yes

All your problems are solved now, good night. - maybe

10 mins is not fine for the grossly underpop side. 

The first thing I would do this morning, if I were CRS, is to change the contested ti bunker hot timer so that it’s halved or more when significantly underpop

 

why? 

Because attacking when majorly underpop never works - you cap one CP, from one FMS, nobody spawns in numbers, and by the time you and a few brave souls ventures to the AB, one defender has spawned and is recapping the one CP you capped. There is - in reality - zero threat to the town or brigade.

Slash the contested-AB timer and that changes dramatically

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or do something gamey like, put cp timers back to normal but ab is not hot until city cp is capped (the ab timers are based off of when first contested). Would be kinda cool to see how well defenders/attackers control a point with no spawn facility ... and would definately slow down cities from getting rolled from low pop. Gives u 2 chances to hold a key facility that could essentially keep the ab from getting capped and supply bounced.

Edited by choad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, choad said:

Or do something gamey like, put cp timers back to normal but ab is not hot until city cp is capped (the ab timers are based off of when first contested). Would be kinda cool to see how well defenders/attackers control a point with no spawn facility ... and would definately slow down cities from getting rolled from low pop. Gives u 2 chances to hold a key facility that could essentially keep the ab from getting capped and supply bounced.

that could be entertaining - (my opinion only, not representative of playnet or CRS.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah i am trying to think of a way to satisfy those who despise the new spawn timers, and yet give a little support to underpop side. Will have to think more on it ..... i am unsure if it would make things harder than they are now to take a town, or somewhat easier....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's needed is timers that are both asymmetric and variable, reflecting pop of each nationaility, and overall players on line. So, in low-pop with a big imbalance, capture timers for the low-pop side would be relatively fast, but the overpop side would require much longer to recap a cp, or capture a low-popped one. At peaktime, timers would tend to be shorter, and more equal. etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fidd said:

What's needed is timers that are both asymmetric and variable, reflecting pop of each nationaility, and overall players on line. So, in low-pop with a big imbalance, capture timers for the low-pop side would be relatively fast, but the overpop side would require much longer to recap a cp, or capture a low-popped one. At peaktime, timers would tend to be shorter, and more equal. etc

so literally what we have in place now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fidd said:

What's needed is timers that are both asymmetric and variable, reflecting pop of each nationaility, and overall players on line. So, in low-pop with a big imbalance, capture timers for the low-pop side would be relatively fast, but the overpop side would require much longer to recap a cp, or capture a low-popped one. At peaktime, timers would tend to be shorter, and more equal. etc

So.... What we have now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, B2K said:

so literally what we have in place now?

No, i think he means a german timer, brit timer, french timer, US timer, Italian timer etc applied to what we have now.
Which would be really confusing?

 

4 hours ago, fidd said:

reflecting pop of each nationaility, and overall players on line.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, merlin51 said:

No, i think he means a german timer, brit timer, french timer, US timer, Italian timer etc applied to what we have now.
Which would be really confusing?

 

 

that's a non-starter - the allied national split alone would ensure that they would always be underpop even if overall side populations were equal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.